Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Have I done something wrong here?
Have I done something wrong here? [message #64382] Thu, 18 August 2011 19:54 Go to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

I think I have stumbled upon a problem. I've been editing the chest contents in the DemonDoor_Guild.tng and saved it. The problem is that when I try to open the chest, the game simply crashes. I've been comparing the chest script with another one to a barrow fields chest, but I can't see what I've done wrong. Would someone look at the script? Confused

Toggle Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif
Re: Have I done something wrong here? [message #64383 is a reply to message #64382] Thu, 18 August 2011 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

The script looks right to me. Does the game crash, as in disappear? Or does it freeze, as in you look into the chest and all motion stops, but the game screen stays there? The game freezes when an object in a chest is not applied correctly. The easiest way to test is to put another object under the Hammer, like"
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_RED_MEAT_01";
If the chest lets you have the meat, but not the Hammer, the Hammer is the problem. If it crashes or freezes then there is another problem.

Re: Have I done something wrong here? [message #64384 is a reply to message #64383] Thu, 18 August 2011 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Graenditheos is currently offline  Graenditheos

Yes, it freezes. I might have screwed something up, since it's 5:30 AM right now and I've barely been sleeping these couple of days, so I'll try what you suggested.

Edit: Well, still freezes. I wonder what else might be up with it.

http://i.imgur.com/g4cbR.gif

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2011 20:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Have I done something wrong here? [message #64387 is a reply to message #64382] Thu, 18 August 2011 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
While it looks ok I'd suggest changing the uid as you're still using the original one. Other that it's hard to say without the file, could be you deleted something before or after that object without realising.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Have I done something wrong here? [message #64392 is a reply to message #64382] Thu, 18 August 2011 23:20 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Script is fine. The reason it's freezing is because none of the items in the chest exist and the game cannot move on until it has given you at least one item from the chest. jwc2200's trick is a good one. Now, I took a look for myself and OBJECT_HERO_BANDIT_HAMMER is not in the original game. So after a quick check, I'm going to guess that you're using this mod. If that's the case then you screwed up when applying the mod.

Load the FMP, Actions|Save Changes and Run Fable. Then the chest will work.
Previous Topic: Bodyguard tips
Next Topic: Multiple houses in Alibion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:13:02 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01202 seconds