Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Simple (Newbie) Question
Simple (Newbie) Question [message #64388] Thu, 18 August 2011 21:51 Go to next message
Sinshredd is currently offline  Sinshredd

Hey there! Over the past couple of days I've started testing the waters with modding fable. I've made a chest, and tried my hand at making my own weapon (until I realized I couldn't simply create a new text entry, but that's for another post). I was importing some fmp's, and I was wondering if a few of the following things applied:

1) Do I have to load the FMP's each time I want to play Fable with mods?
2) If no, do I still have to launch Fable with "Save Mods and Run Fable" option to play with mods? Or,
3) Can I simply run Fable the regular way, without going through FE, and have the mods still work as intended?

I noticed that if I remove a chest script from a .tng file the opened chest doesn't disappear, so I was sort of hoping it was more towards the latter option.

And on the third hand...
(Quick! Get an octopus!)

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2011 21:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Simple (Newbie) Question [message #64390 is a reply to message #64388] Thu, 18 August 2011 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Quote:

1) Do I have to load the FMP's each time I want to play Fable with mods?
No, only the 1st time.

Quote:

2) If no, do I still have to launch Fable with "Save Mods and Run Fable" option to play with mods? Or,
Only the 1st time, i.e. when you've just made the changes.

Quote:

3) Can I simply run Fable the regular way, without going through FE, and have the mods still work as intended?
Yes.

Quote:

I noticed that if I remove a chest script from a .tng file the opened chest doesn't disappear, so I was sort of hoping it was more towards the latter option.
The save game remembers every item it's seen, so once a chest is open that's it. If you want to edit the chest, change it's uid.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2011 22:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Simple (Newbie) Question [message #64391 is a reply to message #64388] Thu, 18 August 2011 22:15 Go to previous message
Sinshredd is currently offline  Sinshredd

Thanks a lot for the quick and helpful response; sure makes things easier to only have to do it once.

And on the third hand...
(Quick! Get an octopus!)
Previous Topic: albion explorer keeps freezing
Next Topic: Cbox help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:26:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01012 seconds