Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Scripts » The Library Arcanum - Chests
The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64393] Fri, 19 August 2011 04:42 Go to next message
Sinshredd is currently offline  Sinshredd

Hello everyone! I've been fiddling around with creating chests. I made four chests and tucked them away in the Library Arcanum (the Heroes' Guild Demon Door).
This doesn't add any new items or change any textures or anything. It just adds some chests as sort of a "strong from start" option.

There are four chests:
Contents
I didn't want to ruin the end-of-game choice, so the Sword of Aeons is not in the "Evil" chest. However, I realize some of you may want the sword so there are two different versions of the file (only use one).

This is a simple .tng file you can import using Fable Explorer. I haven't used FreeRoam, and I'm afraid I therefore don't know if this works with that. It should. Anyway, using FE:
Installation

Though I've tested these, if they don't work for any reason uninstalling them is simple.
Uninstallation
You should always back up your files just in case.

Here are two screenshots. One of them is of the positions of the four chests. The second is of the Masked Hood, simply because I think it's wonderful and recommend it to everyone.
Note: All four chests can be targeted and opened. However, the "Good" and "Evil" chests are positioned to where you will have to use your Guild Seal, or save and load, to get back down. You have to be committed to the chest you choose! (Or you can ruin it and open both...)

And that's it! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to post here or contact me. I also welcome any feedback (though please be constructive; my feelings are fragile! ; ; )

And on the third hand...
(Quick! Get an octopus!)

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2011 00:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64396 is a reply to message #64393] Fri, 19 August 2011 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Sinshredd wrote on Fri, 19 August 2011 06:42

I realize some of you may want the sword (or don't have the Masked Hood, for that matter)
It's alright if they don't have it. The item just ends up being skipped if it's not in the game provided there's at least one other item in the chest that the Hero gets.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64400 is a reply to message #64393] Fri, 19 August 2011 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Edit: First post updated. There are now only two versions-- Sword or no Sword.

I didn't think of that. This is only my first mod, after all; trial and error.
Next I think I'll try a retexture...

And on the third hand...
(Quick! Get an octopus!)

[Updated on: Sat, 20 August 2011 00:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64622 is a reply to message #64400] Fri, 02 September 2011 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr.-3 is currently offline  Mr.-3
Hey just wanted to let you know that the file is not working.
it comes up as:

PK  G3?0Œo -  TLA Chests/No Sword.txtíš]Ú8…ï+õ?DóFÄΧzå€Ø 1ŠÃ|­Vˆv²V³Ì¢­úïëH!õ1xV½©Ú‹
’óàø=‡7ž¬üR<-WŸññŸòSõáý»éóâk¹v< õr68®ÓÈ#±O#BÕÿ„_”/WËjù²*¾¾–Î…Hþ àýbÞqYÌÅ”g,Iù…ÊOëåk•-þ-l–¦í‘Á¢Z8 õ¡Zµ½†¡MËõf¹©ÊUå\±Tòý¹´ü¯|Öœ”Õb] ‹þôéëfùi£Þ®ëÇz/›íõÝ94¸ŒÝžëGïÚ » üðàèƒã_öÔû|$ËêêeýE}ԝӻìmÿuNÜ;® ÄÃÄìõÇO™½ÞkŽ=~(_=j§¶Ÿt±X.«² >Ô¼\||."Ÿñ> ì)þ¸¬^Ö­¢}»?ß*7uú/«j±\•ëú…ªùæÏÞ_ Ñ#6Îû3e8Ëóž{¡Õ»@/Gì†ô ŒÈ =B2S=à`*² ‚S=å£Ùz}€ô¡^ "}¤×G@Ÿ°Ô6þN$¼–šÝëéåÈ]½œ9ÑË= §z¹äž^¬r}½8åz90Ê
õòÈ#­¼Ÿr–5_ €þLŽÌö’žV
Ü%®V
Ì%D«ÞªUk‰§Ug‰¨.
!}Î'â†ÏYšîKÀz¾¹ÑÁÚ†F
Õ82R¨Ö±‘5§=ÕŸÉBLàô¨«‡Ö¿>É !j‚@9©g‚@5)È Ë'òäÔ@V¶,„@TM
$¥ÐÔ@PR><95ÄeËBĤÀÔ< +Öç'¯ÄdËBĤÐU‚˜40ÀùH¤9ýˆHË¡‹ )i9t (£¾9Ê> ‰âŒóóANZÌÏQi90?Ĥå@ÏôARZܱ|––÷. EqÆDû /-‡ê òÒr¨ž8/
êà¼4¨g€óÒphAŽóRˆ\
XÐ f‚Š81;”4À‘ف¨¦83;‡f¢ªâÔì@°Š@l GÃË«G‘·,?ƒôÃÀÐD覆 Fõ„
21ڍjfA’ŽX4Ü·ïâªçž
X~?OE6”·®6Œ ÞÑÐa׬`ÓTôgEÊ$Ø ñt»Ë_§ ž¨å’^èä#6™ UU¨ÔC•‰‰tL¢Vt)‡óˆµL.Ø d¢ÖùïÔYìù¡z6Œ?ü(þ݈ÞÞˆ~ì(üý›¾ ÉÇ`·u;
&a/:cÔn7:ê(Ó7¢3Æ붢㎂9ЉÎ±Û‹:
†ºm¨qQœ¥ø§Hdƒë¦)¥™éfeW
3ԍI]ˆ “×|0ý¯Öú
PK  oÚH…ï+õ?Xùžñ§z5† °1ä1ùZ­m¼
«,‰ÀÚªÿ~Ç\pç L¤ÞDíEeìó`Ï{¯Çždå·âi¹ú êˆÏÿ”_ªO?LŸß˵ã©ÍÙxà¸~L#Ä >UÿJ|uhPþ½\-«å˪øþZ:" ùƒ÷‹yÄe1Sž±$åJ(¿¬—¯U¶ø·t²Yš¶{‹já\ Ô»jÕö†J4-×›å¦*W•sÅRÉ÷ÇÒò¿òYsPV‹uÕ/ Ó§ï›å—ú¸z\¬ëq¼l¶×wçÐà2v{®ì½whï2 CBƒ½ŽÙSŸó‘,««—õ7õUwNï²·ý×9pï¸ú? ³×Ÿ¿eöz¯Ù÷pø¥|õ¨Ú~ÐÅbýµ¬ÊzW³¹øü\:E >ã-| ÙSüqY½¬[Eûq¼ÿTnê ô_VÕb¹*×õ†ªùæÏÞ_­Ñ#6Îû3e8Ëóž{¡Õ»@/Gì †ô ŒÈ =B2S=à`*²û‚S=å£Ñz}€ô¡^ "}¤×G@Ÿ°Ô6þA$¼–šÝëéåÈ]½œ9ÑË= §z¹äž^¬r}½8åz90Ê
õòÈ#­¼Ÿr–5? €þLŽÌö’žV
Ü%®V
Ì%D«ÞªUk‰§Ug‰¨.
!}Î'â†ÏYšîvKÀz¾¹ÑÁÚ†F
Õ82R¨Ö±‘5§=ÕŸÉBLà𨫇Ö¿>É !j‚@9©g‚@5)È Ë'òäÐ@V¶,„@T

$¥ÐÐ@PR><94ÄeËBĤÀÐ< +Öç'¯ÄdËBĤÐU‚˜40ÀùH¤9ýˆHË¡‹ )i9t (£¾9Ê>‰âŒãóANZŒÏQi90>Ĥå@ÏôARZܱ|––÷.äEqÆDû /-‡ê òÒr¨ž8/
êà¼4¨g€óÒphBŽóRˆ\
XÐ f‚Š81;”4À‘ف¨¦83;‡f¢ªâÔì@0‹@l GÃÓ«G‘·,?ƒôÃÀÐD覆 Fõ€
21ڝÕÌ‚$±h´ LG,,ÈS=Xã]$yڝÔÌ"eœªDæD™Y(sŸŽÌa2³8K?X`kdŽ“±×G NMò“$šúÔ”ñ1*
M{êsA$§¹@–Þð|œq=ƒðlÙAΆ<°Ç 9RšÍApZƒÐ´0=i9p3ŠAXZÜ‹b––·¢ä¥ åÀ(‰i9ðb'¡ÙsIª 'ã„Îíäì¿`8SŸ{"<ã,»æ|ÊsÄ„èj,Gãl8ÏÅ` >›s6@¯gÝÞA†äT ‘î 3r\ÿ~æ×ü‰}q`#mÄ‘8¶¾K=-vmÄÄFLmÄ6º6º6 º6º6º6‰ƒÄÆAbã ±qØ8Hl$6‰ƒÔÆAjã µqbë…7ñZ®ÚÕÍf…n¿ 7*ÏÕS½@ØÚ.ŒªÍ²“«¸¡¡GIìù!õHT¯†¾ ƒU\ú{÷í«¸ê¹†g–ßÏS‘
å­€³
#ƒW4tØ5+XÆô ÕýY‘2 h<ÁîÀ´Äש'jº¤—:ùˆM&hVê õPeb" “¨]Êá8b-“ 60™¨uþuÖÒn÷qñ\­ûuhq‹š£Ö ÿ\H‰m¦³Éôˆû…½UµT{žy¡Úô|Õi?½‹Þüî ­oï­ÍOJ\Í™œ…8ïex.扅¬_u‰Y¾%O¶×ì vœ¦¹H¸¤°ÈÅLòüŒSzˆ < ã¬~‡UÏœyqú”;ã|a¦â†Ÿ1ÆHϝqƸCŽX}¡ õcy ýÂFÔ#1õšé]ìù¡z6Œ?½‹FÿnDooD?w~ƒþÆMß Úäc°ÛŠº“°qÖn7:ê(Ó7¢3Î×mEÇs qÆn /:è(궡ÆEYp–âW‘È3Ö
LSJ3ÓÍÊ®f¨“º&¯ù`>‚ýøèÖÑýøí­øPK   G3?0Œo -   TLA Chests/No Sword.txtPK   [3?l(Ûi" 2-   O TLA Chests/With Sword.txtPK   Œ ¨
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64623 is a reply to message #64393] Fri, 02 September 2011 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quasar
Mr.-3: Your browser is displaying it as a plain-text file when it's a .zip. Try again, I just tried it and it's working fine here. If it still wont download properly try another browser.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64624 is a reply to message #64623] Fri, 02 September 2011 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I recommend using Google Chrome. Downloading works just fine.

And on the third hand...
(Quick! Get an octopus!)
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64635 is a reply to message #64393] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr.-3 is currently offline  Mr.-3
Thanks. Never had a problem like that from internet explorer before. Guess i better keep google chrome around for issues like this.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64636 is a reply to message #64635] Sat, 03 September 2011 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
It's not an issue on your end, not your ISP or anything like that. Our host just doesn't like InternetExplorer.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64640 is a reply to message #64635] Sat, 03 September 2011 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Mr.-3 wrote on Sat, 03 September 2011 15:51

Guess i better keep google chrome around for issues like this.

To be honest you're better of moving to Chrome/Firefox/whatever full time. How Internet Explorer is still being used today baffles me.

Besides a few tweaks here and there (mostly cosmetic) Internet Explorer remains a horrible hack-job of code that, rather than being designed to work fully with a number of expected standards, only does so via a series of bodges that force it to work at least in part.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64642 is a reply to message #64640] Sat, 03 September 2011 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Satan wrote on Sat, 03 September 2011 23:21

To be honest you're better of moving to Chrome/Firefox/whatever full time. How Internet Explorer is still being used today baffles me.

It helps that Microsoft only allows Automatic Updates through IE.

Satan wrote on Sat, 03 September 2011 23:21

Besides a few tweaks here and there (mostly cosmetic) Internet Explorer remains a horrible hack-job of code that, rather than being designed to work fully with a number of expected standards, only does so via a series of bodges that force it to work at least in part.

I agree entirely, IE's trash and has been for a good number of years now. I'm still using the basic IE6 that came with my Windows install, the 'upgrades' make it take forever to do anything.
Re: The Library Arcanum - Chests [message #64657 is a reply to message #64393] Sun, 04 September 2011 15:09 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
(don't) Try internet explorer 9, it's absolutely amazing (how bad it is).

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: -
Next Topic: Scripted Shopkeeper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:23:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00937 seconds