Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Cbox help
Cbox help [message #64460] Mon, 22 August 2011 17:19 Go to next message
Crowmock is currently offline  Crowmock
I'd really enjoy getting to use cBox but I can not seem to fix my problems Sad I have all the necessary files but I still get errors, I've linked a couple pics of the problem. What exactly am I doing wrong? And if I posted this in the wrong area I'm sorry but I thought it would go here...But I'm most likely wrong so sorry Sad
  • Attachment: CBOX error.png
    (Size: 890.73KB, Downloaded 457 times)
  • Attachment: Error.png
    (Size: 128.55KB, Downloaded 428 times)

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."
Re: Cbox help [message #64461 is a reply to message #64460] Mon, 22 August 2011 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry just realized this should go in tool discussion I'm sorry Sad could you please move it for me?

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2011 17:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cbox help [message #64463 is a reply to message #64460] Mon, 22 August 2011 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
First, it's important to note that this is not a fault of CBox. This is user error. The extent of the issue depends on the extent of the user error.

Rather than trying to guess what you did wrong (directly or not, by mistake or otherwise, it really doesn't matter), let's just start with a blank slate. Delete the Levels\FinalAlbion folder if you have one, and get rid of the creature hub lev and tng as well.

Use FreeRoam on the FinalAlbion.wad, if you renamed it, don't worry as it doesn't matter. Dump in the data folder. Now, if you haven't renamed FinalAlbion.wad, do so.

Then open up the userst.ini, find UseLevelWad and set it to false. This is of no consequence to the game, but ChocolateBox requires that this be set.

Open up CBox and see what happens.
Re: Cbox help [message #64469 is a reply to message #64460] Tue, 23 August 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and get rid of the creature hub lev and tng as well.

I did most of it, but I don;t know where those are and I now get this when I try to use the Free Roam App (See provided pic)I thank you for all the help btw, it's really appreciated
  • Attachment: Error2.png
    (Size: 216.34KB, Downloaded 419 times)

Re: Cbox help [message #64470 is a reply to message #64469] Tue, 23 August 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Crowmock wrote on Tue, 23 August 2011 16:24

(See provided pic)
There's the source of part of the problem. You have an FE-compiled FinalAlbion.wad which FreeRoam will not work on. So get a clean FinalAlbion.wad off of your game discs (or uninstall/reinstall if need be) and continue where you left off.

The creature hub files will be in the Levels directory - seeing as how you couldn't have dumped the FinalAlbion.wad seeing as how it's FE-compiled (which is what was causing CBox to crash) then you won't have those files.

Edit: Also worth mentioning is that this is not user error and I owe you an apology. This is just app mishap.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 August 2011 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cbox help [message #64472 is a reply to message #64460] Tue, 23 August 2011 17:30 Go to previous message
Thanks Smile I took your advice and always kept a backup of my data files Very Happy I also kept a back up of my modded version in case I would like to switch back :)thanks for all the help it's much appreciated!

Previous Topic: Simple (Newbie) Question
Next Topic: Fable Explorer tng help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:50:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01226 seconds