Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer tng help
Fable Explorer tng help [message #64515] Thu, 25 August 2011 17:27 Go to next message
Crowmock is currently offline  Crowmock
Okay so I'm almost finished with my first small scale mod and I have run into a little snag. When I try to import the tngs from Cbox into FE I get this error (see included picture). Now I tried using the exported data I had used to edit the tng the first time which worked and I just spliced my cbox one with that one. Needless to say it didn't work either otherwise I wouldn't be here. Now if you want I'll include the files (The spliced, cbox, and FE files) it's just the darkwood bordello demon door and lookout point. Any ideas? Also, it doesn't break my game, the changes just don't show up.
  • Attachment: FE Error.png
    (Size: 139.13KB, Downloaded 494 times)

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64516 is a reply to message #64515] Thu, 25 August 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To let you know what I did:
1. Edited the DemonDoor_Bordello.tng in Cbox
2. Moved the compatibility file out into a folder
3. Opened up FE
4. Imported the tng and applied changes.

I use both programs by using two copies of my data folder one for FE and one for Cbox.

EDIT: When I ran it I got the error I posted and none of the changes were ingame which is a shame because I thought I was just getting good at modding.

"You have the easiest job in the world privates. Just be at the right place, at the right time, in the right uniform."

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 18:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64518 is a reply to message #64516] Thu, 25 August 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
This is an administrator error,Try running the program as administrator and try again Smile.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64519 is a reply to message #64515] Thu, 25 August 2011 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was my first thought but I always run it in administrator so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I'll give it a shot one more time though and let you know if anything changes Smile

EDIT: Replaced the compatibility file and ran as administrator whichever did it, it worked Smile still have a couple tweaks to make though I have one house inside another o_0

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 20:32]

Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64520 is a reply to message #64519] Thu, 25 August 2011 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad to know it helped.
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64521 is a reply to message #64515] Thu, 25 August 2011 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First off thanks Smile Second...
Alright, one problem solved new problem all together. So here it is:
-There is one chest outside of the boundaries which cannot be reached, most likely easily fixable so not too worried about that.
-There is another house INSIDE my house. DOn't know how to fix it, it's not in the tng, or at least if it is I can't find it. I used a tutorial I found when I began this project to add a house in, it worked but then I moved to cBox when I was finished I added a bit of the house script to the final product and I don't know if that was the problem or what. Here's the tng if you can figure it out. IF it's the wrong file let me know, should have the bowerstone slums house set up with a 'teleporter' to Lookout Point and a couple of traders. Good night all.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 20:43]

Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64523 is a reply to message #64515] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Crowmock wrote on Thu, 25 August 2011 19:27

Also, it doesn't break my game, the changes just don't show up.
This plus Access Denied as shown in provided pic means Vista/Windows 7 error. Read. If you have already read it, read it again, because that's the problem. I know you think you've got a problem solved but what you did is merely a band-aid now that you've already attempted modding without resolving this.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 21:21]

Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64526 is a reply to message #64521] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrowMock,there was no problem for me.No double houses nor difficulty/disability to open the chest.

I think what you encountered is a corrupted region?This has happened to me but only when i add a house in cbox,save region&run fable, save ingame then i edit the same house again.Thus i get double houses.The only way to fix this however,is by loading the last save game before you edited the region(you have to recover the original .tng file before you do this or the same thing will happen to you again) or start a new game game.Not sure if recovering all your fable files will work.Anyhow,goodluck.
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64528 is a reply to message #64526] Thu, 25 August 2011 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Duplicates. The UID was changed and more than one house is saved to the game save. On a different/new game it will appear as it is supposed to.
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64537 is a reply to message #64515] Fri, 26 August 2011 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah Smile thanks, and btw what do you think about it? Nice? It's my first mod so I wasn't expecting much but I'd like to know if you like it. And John Doe I did do that afterwards except for deleting my directory, I took ownership though.

icon12.gif  Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64541 is a reply to message #64537] Fri, 26 August 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was pretty good, except you need to add a couple of torches and/or lamp posts to illuminate the region.
Re: Fable Explorer tng help [message #64542 is a reply to message #64541] Fri, 26 August 2011 15:06 Go to previous message
Yes I agree, and I'll edit the chest as well to have better loot because I just made that for me Smile i'll also test to see if a wife can live there it should.

Previous Topic: Cbox help
Next Topic: HELP WITH CHOCOLATEBOX !!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:07:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01272 seconds