Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Blender Tutorial Request (Split)
Blender Tutorial Request (Split) [message #64471] Tue, 23 August 2011 15:46 Go to next message
barkerm is currently offline  barkerm

Mute
i would like a tut on how to bring oblivion weapons over into fable. that would be amazing im curious as to how thats done. i wanted to start making my own weapons using weapons ported from oblivion/expansions.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64482 is a reply to message #64471] Wed, 24 August 2011 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
I'm not the expert in bringing models from one game to another but,i'm sure you need a program that has the ability to rip 3d models from the selected game(a perfect example is 3D Ripper DX).From there on i'm not sure.I'm pretty confident there are tutorials about this or has been discussed before throughout the forum,as I am lazy to check it out myself ;3.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64487 is a reply to message #64471] Wed, 24 August 2011 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
barkerm wrote on Tue, 23 August 2011 17:46

i would like a tut on how to bring oblivion weapons over into fable. that would be amazing im curious as to how thats done. i wanted to start making my own weapons using weapons ported from oblivion/expansions.

Read the post directly above yours:
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 15 April 2011 22:23

We make tutorials for Fable modding. That involves using our tools and Fable file editing. We're not going to cover using 3DS/Maya/Blender or Photoshop/Gimp/Paintshop Pro because there are already tons of tutorials out there for that.

You can talk to an Oblivion modding community to learn how to extract the assets. Because I'm in a good mood, you'll need a BSA browser/dumper, you can take the NFOs and, with an NFO plugin, you can import it in 3DS/Blender. From there, you can read our tutorials to figure out how to get it into Fable.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64491 is a reply to message #64487] Thu, 25 August 2011 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mute
thats the thing i have the meshes and i know how to pull them out of the bsas. as i stated i DO have modding experience from Oblivion. ive had the game for a few years now. thats not the problem. i cant get blender to except the nif plugin and the version of blender that i have from the website wont export Direct X file format (unless its the .3dx format, though everyone keeps saying the format is .x).. so how can i get it to do that and i havent found many tuts with steps on how to bring the objects into fable. i cannot follow video tuts because i get lost because of them.. ive tried using them and ended up trashing my laptop because of one wrong step. if its written out i can follow it thats why i made the request. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64493 is a reply to message #64491] Thu, 25 August 2011 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
barkerm wrote on Thu, 25 August 2011 14:13

everyone keeps saying the format is .x

Because it is. Blender has no native .x export capability, you will to find a plugin for this. If memory serves the one everyone used to use was the panda exporter.

The same applies to the .nif format. If the plugin you have doesn't work, find a different one.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64500 is a reply to message #64493] Thu, 25 August 2011 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mute
ok for starters i figured out how to get the "plugin" (in actuality its a flippin script that you have to execute in blender to make it work) work. and there is only one nif plugin for blender trust me ive searched and havent come up with anything. i can export the weapon as an OBJ file and import it into blender that way but im not sure if that would work or not. im new to blender.. i have only used nifskope and that was for Oblivion modding only. the 2 are completely different as far as their layout and functionality. thats why i asked for a written TUT for this process. Rolling Eyes
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64507 is a reply to message #64500] Thu, 25 August 2011 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Look, I'm going to say this once and then I'll just start deleting your replies. If it has to do with getting Oblivion assets out of their game, you've got to talk to them. If it has to do with using Blender, you've got to talk to them. After you get the mesh into Blender, we have tutorials already for getting it into Fable from that point. So no more of this, you're cluttering the thread.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64510 is a reply to message #64507] Thu, 25 August 2011 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mute
why is it that nobody even understand what im trying to say?.. i know how to get it into blender and i know how to get the meshes and textures. thats not the problem the problem is not having any WRITTEN TUTS on bring things into fable. all i can find on this site are VIDEO TUTS. im simply asking for a WRITTEN TUT. thats all
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64511 is a reply to message #64471] Thu, 25 August 2011 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Well since a tutorial exists, why don't you watch it and make a tutorial for yourself instead of expecting us to do all the work? You said yourself, you know how to do it.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64513 is a reply to message #64511] Thu, 25 August 2011 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mute
@Noctus

thats not what i said. i dont know how to get the mesh into Fable. i cant follow the video tut that shows how to do it. not to mention blender is really confusing at that point.. i guess ill have to figure out how to do it on my own since i cant seem to get any help on the matter.. whatever.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64522 is a reply to message #64513] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
barkerm wrote on Thu, 25 August 2011 19:05

i dont know how to get the mesh into Fable. i cant follow the video tut that shows how to do it.
We have tutorials for it, and there are text tutorials too.

not to mention blender is really confusing at that point..
And there's your problem. You can't expect to be able to follow a guide working with Blender if you don't know how to work Blender. You should work on that first, and you can work on it with a Blender community while reading the Blender wiki. I would also recommend this.

i guess ill have to figure out how to do it on my own since i cant seem to get any help on the matter.. whatever.
You can, just not here. When you want a tutorial for our tools, then come back and we'll help you.
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64525 is a reply to message #64522] Thu, 25 August 2011 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Mute
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 25 August 2011 23:11

i dont know how to get the mesh into Fable. i cant follow the video tut that shows how to do it.
We have tutorials for it, and there are text tutorials too.

not to mention blender is really confusing at that point..
And there's your problem. You can't expect to be able to follow a guide working with Blender if you don't know how to work Blender. You should work on that first, and you can work on it with a Blender community while reading the Blender wiki. I would also recommend this.

i guess ill have to figure out how to do it on my own since i cant seem to get any help on the matter.. whatever.
You can, just not here. When you want a tutorial for our tools, then come back and we'll help you.

well when you have to use a program to produce something that your program will use and read then you need to have tuts (even if minor ones) on how to make the product that your program will use and read. other wise you arent helping anybody and ive looked all over these forum for tuts on bringing custom weapons/armors into fable and i havent found any. maybe they are too old and have been replace by stuff that doesnt matter that much. such as requests? idk but all i can say is that the first time i came to this forum about 2 years ago it was much larger as far as the number of USEFUL topics and posts.

oh and btw not everybody can follow video tuts
Re: Tutorial Requests [message #64527 is a reply to message #64525] Thu, 25 August 2011 22:50 Go to previous message

Retired
barkerm wrote on Thu, 25 August 2011 23:36

well when you have to use a program to produce something that your program will use and read then you need to have tuts (even if minor ones) on how to make the product that your program will use and read.
No we don't because that's not a problem on our end.

Your problem is that you don't know how to get a mesh Fable-ready in Blender, we have tutorials for that - I know, I know, you can't follow it. Again, not a problem on our end. If it's a difficulty using Blender, talk to Blender. If it's a problem with the plugins for Blender, talk to the authors of the plugins and Blender. All you need to be able to do with Blender is export as DirectX. That's all you need Blender for. The rest is done in a text editor. So, learn how to use the plugins, learn how to use Blender just to the point of learning how to export something, once you can export as DirectX you can come back and talk to us about getting it into Fable.

idk but all i can say is that the first time i came to this forum about 2 years ago it was much larger as far as the number of USEFUL topics and posts.
I would agree with you there. The community has fallen, a large number of our talented folks have went on to other projects and then the idiots moved in, so the talent to idiot ratio is rather lopsided, and not in the favorable way, sadly.

oh and btw not everybody can follow video tuts
Last time, not a problem on our end.

I've had enough of you, but I don't want to ban you. So what I've decided to do is remove your posting and PMing rights for a few days. It's temporary (and awfully generous). That will give you time to work out your issues with the people you need to work it out with, since you won't be able to complain to us here. After a few days, we'll see how things are going and see what to do then.

I'm also going to split the topic because it's become rather messy.
Previous Topic: Can't replace Young_Hair model?!
Next Topic: Texture problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:30:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01028 seconds