Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » A chest containing all vanilla items
icon3.gif  A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64590] Tue, 30 August 2011 20:53 Go to next message
gefer8 is currently offline  gefer8
The website look's old. I hope there's still activity here.

I spent half an hour trying to install http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=8360& ;start=0&, but it seems unsuccessful because of my nearly 100% save. Or, in other terms, I already picked up the chest from the demon door. Maybe it would be easier to get this mod if it was in a fmp file and had a custom location? (Not the one item pack is using).

I have seen a few video's that shown how to add chests, but albion explorer can't find my fable registry. I know where my real fable folder is, but not the registry. In the INI file, it went nowhere near C:/.

Any fmp's or instructions on how to install install this sort of stuff would be great.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64591 is a reply to message #64590] Tue, 30 August 2011 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You did something wrong. It won't matter if you've already opened the chest in the demon door, adding that script will place another chest in the exact same place and it can be opened. If it is not appearing, it is because you did not add the script properly or because you did not rename the FinalAlbion.wad.

As for your other problems, you really need to read the information before poking stuff. When editing the INI, either comment out FableRegistry by placing a semicolon (this thing ; ) before the line or simply remove it. Then add a line either above or below that one:

MyPath = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels

Of course, your directory will be different. It will be the directory where your FinalAlbion files are.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64596 is a reply to message #64590] Wed, 31 August 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What am I supposed to rename the FinalAlbion to? The file containing the demondoor_guild or that other one?

(When I first went into levels, there were no files. When I used my search, I found demondoor_guild TNG, open file location, and when I went up one level, the file appeared.)

Edit: I tried renaming the WAD to _FinalAlbion. It crashed the game. Am I supposed to use free-roam app?

(The way I installed the script, I tried either replacing the other chest, or adding it right under it.)

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2011 09:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64597 is a reply to message #64596] Wed, 31 August 2011 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
gefer8 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2011 11:47

What am I supposed to rename the FinalAlbion to?
If you're talking about the FinalAlbion.wad, you rename it to anything. I'm rather unimaginative so I rename mine to _FinalAlbion.wad. As long as it is renamed, Fable will use the LEVs and TNGs instead of the WAD and so the changes you make to the LEVs and TNGs will show up in the game.

gefer8 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2011 11:47

The file containing the demondoor_guild or that other one?

(When I first went into levels, there were no files. When I used my search, I found demondoor_guild TNG, open file location, and when I went up one level, the file appeared.)

Edit: I tried renaming the WAD to _FinalAlbion. It crashed the game. Am I supposed to use free-roam app?

(The way I installed the script, I tried either replacing the other chest, or adding it right under it.)
Okay, you know what, start over. Use the FreeRoam app, Silverback's tool with the penguin icon, dump the FinalAlbion.wad in the data folder, rename FinalAlbion.wad, make the edit the script, run Fable. And don't do anything else.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64600 is a reply to message #64590] Wed, 31 August 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is really sad day. I followed your instructions, and the instructions here on how to use freeroam: http://projectego.net/forums/threads/freeroam-setup.1926/#po st-115153,
but it still didn't work.

What exactly do you mean by "dump"?
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64603 is a reply to message #64600] Wed, 31 August 2011 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The instructions are very simple, there are only three of them.
Use FreeRoam.
Dump in data.
Rename FinalAlbion.wad.

"Dump" is when you extract the contents of the archive. Also called ripping, extracting, sometimes erroneously unzipping. I'm sure a little intuition would have done well there.

And what didn't work? What went wrong? Where is the breakdown? What happens that you cannot do this very simple thing?
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64606 is a reply to message #64590] Wed, 31 August 2011 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, I tried again. Still no closed chest for me to open.

Edit: I also made a new game, and it still didn't work out.
  • Attachment: Notscri.png
    (Size: 2.11MB, Downloaded 3682 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 31 August 2011 16:09]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64608 is a reply to message #64606] Wed, 31 August 2011 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
gefer8 wrote on Wed, 31 August 2011 17:43

Okay, I tried again. Still no closed chest for me to open.

Then you're doing something wrong. It really, really is just that simple.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64609 is a reply to message #64590] Thu, 01 September 2011 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
I'm going to guess UID fail !

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64610 is a reply to message #64609] Thu, 01 September 2011 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Satan wrote on Thu, 01 September 2011 08:06

I'm going to guess UID fail !
Normally, that's what I'd guess too. Except for the fact that as long as he's copying the provided script, he should be okay.

My guess will be that he is putting the script in the wrong TNG, or the FinalAlbion.wad is not renamed.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64611 is a reply to message #64590] Thu, 01 September 2011 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put it at the bottom of the the entire script, right before section end. I know freeroam has worked because I can go up hills. But it's just something is wrong. I don't know what I'm missing.
My _finalalbion wad was moved to the data folder, and the finalalbion folder is in levels.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64612 is a reply to message #64611] Thu, 01 September 2011 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
FinalAlbion.wad renamed, moved, and free roam is working, then that just leaves you putting the script in the wrong TNG.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64615 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put it in Demondoor_Guild TNG. I give up.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64616 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
http://i.imgur.com/CdlAy.jpg

But what we put there.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64617 is a reply to message #64616] Fri, 02 September 2011 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
http://i.imgur.com/gQqT5.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 13:34]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64618 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys made me laugh so hard. Thank you.

-Spoofed- , Sorry, it was the truth!

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 23:54]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64619 is a reply to message #64618] Fri, 02 September 2011 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quasar
First time ever modding FableTLC and I thought I'd say...

Proof here:

To the OP: Really, all I did was -
1) Download FreeRoam (didn't have it or even know about it)
2) Run FreeRoam
3) Load the .WAD
4) Hit "Rip!"
5) Close FreeRoam
6) Rename my .wad to <whatever>.wad.bak
7) Copy the extracted files to the Data\Levels folder
Cool Open DemonDoor_Guild.tng in notepad
9) paste the script after everything else in the file but before the "XXXEndSection;"
10) save and the .tng
11) load the game and went to the guild demon door

It really is as easy as JohnDoe said it would be. I broke it down a bit more than he did so maybe you can see where you went wrong.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 16:45]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64620 is a reply to message #64619] Fri, 02 September 2011 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
All I can say is best thread ever. This week, anyway, it's hard to top the terminator thread.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64621 is a reply to message #64619] Fri, 02 September 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
quasar wrote on Sat, 03 September 2011 00:36

First time ever modding FableTLC and I thought I'd say...

Proof here:

To the OP: Really, all I did was -
1) Download FreeRoam (didn't have it or even know about it)
2) Run FreeRoam
3) Load the .WAD
4) Hit "Rip!"
5) Close FreeRoam
6) Rename my .wad to <whatever>.wad.bak
7) Copy the extracted files to the Data\Levels folder
Cool Open DemonDoor_Guild.tng in notepad
9) paste the script after everything else in the file but before the "XXXEndSection;"
10) save and the .tng
11) load the game and went to the guild demon door

It really is as easy as JohnDoe said it would be. I broke it down a bit more than he did so maybe you can see where you went wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/CahkH.gif

But what we put there.
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64625 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

12 Fable TLC re-installs.

And yes. I followed every step.

The only faulty thing is that I have to save demon door guild into "My documents", then copy the one from there into the one in Final-Albion.

Should mean no differince. MY ONLY HOPE IS A FMP OR AN ENTIRE DATA FOLDER.
  • Attachment: !@#$.png
    (Size: 2.30MB, Downloaded 3498 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2011 01:10] by Moderator

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64626 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quasar
Was going to private message you but you're not accepting messages.

In public reply, there's no real reason for an fmp and a fullblown data folder would probably cause legal actions against the forums. Where is your FableTLC folder? Just wondering..

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 22:29]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64628 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Private messages... just don't make it Private

Edit: What? I said nothing about any of that stuff.

Quick edit: /C , Program Files (86) , Microsoft games , Fable TLC

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 22:31]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64629 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quasar
While waiting on your reply in message, I'm going to assume the full path to your .tng is:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable TLC\data\Levels\FinalAlbion\DemonDoor_Guild.tng

is that where you've been putting your copy?

Comparing your .tng to mine, due to my lack of knowledge of FableTLC I can't say if this will fix your issue, but try changing:

Thing Object;

to

NewThing Object;

It's the first line in the script, it's on line 657 on your script.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 September 2011 22:49]

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64630 is a reply to message #64590] Fri, 02 September 2011 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion

And I did the change, but:
index.php?t=getfile&id=10393&private=0
Now what D:

Edit: WAAAAAIIIT.... It seem's there's more then one line with that problem... Give me some time.

SUCCES OVERIDE

[Updated on: Sat, 03 September 2011 01:10] by Moderator

Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64631 is a reply to message #64630] Fri, 02 September 2011 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quasar
Odd, notepad++'s compare only showed three differences.. one being the "NewThing Object;" and the other two were \n differences. Oh well, grats on your new chest.. have fun. -- pst, now might be a good time to thank JohnDoe too, since you pretty much called him a liar earlier... just sayin..
Re: A chest containing all vanilla items [message #64632 is a reply to message #64631] Sat, 03 September 2011 01:16 Go to previous message

Retired
It's not often I'm called a liar. Usually it's fag or Hitler or things of an even less savory nature. Even so, no thanks is necessary.

What gets me is that the game didn't crash. I know that the level scripts are quite touchy, sensitive. One misplaced thing can blow up your Fable. So to have something such as that not cause a crash is quite interesting.

In any case, glad you got your chest to work, be sure to double-check your work in the future.
Previous Topic: Marry Monster?
Next Topic: Help me to fix bed and map!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:03:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01161 seconds