Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID
icon4.gif  HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64688] Wed, 07 September 2011 17:44 Go to next message
sinsspawn11 is currently offline  sinsspawn11
sorry i had no clue where to put this but its just a simple question how do i keep buildings form and solid floors when i make them BIG i do that and he dont stay on the ground he will go through or above how can i keep its ground stable ?

i will try to explain better if i make walls bigger they stay normal i cant walk into them to where theyre meant to stop but when i do it to buildings the walls and all wont stay same as height and width how do i keep it the same as the size of my building ?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2011 17:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64689 is a reply to message #64688] Wed, 07 September 2011 18:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
just don't make to objects to big, and they'll stay solid (Also note that different objects have different scales that this happens at). I'm not sure why you would want to make a house that big, but that seems to be your problem, based on the explanation you gave. I'm not sure what you mean about height and width, so I can't help you on that part.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64690 is a reply to message #64689] Wed, 07 September 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its ok i fount out though iv been lettin my buildings pass outa the maps area so it messes up
Re: HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64695 is a reply to message #64690] Wed, 07 September 2011 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
sinsspawn11 wrote on Wed, 07 September 2011 21:17

its ok i fount out though iv been lettin my buildings pass outa the maps area so it messes up
Could that be it? It's long been known that scaling objects too high would cause you to fall through them, but no one was ever really sure why and just came up with fanciful explanations for laymen ("collision fibers" lulz). But I wonder if it could be as simple as part of the mesh or collision extending beyond the limits of the map... interesting. Not too likely, but interesting because I've never tested for that specific thing.
Re: HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64698 is a reply to message #64695] Thu, 08 September 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is that easy i will give u my map lev that iv made a town inside a building lol im jus doin it for fun
now u sink a little in but not through the whole house and cant walk around in it
Re: HOW TO KEEP OBJECTS SOLID [message #64699 is a reply to message #64698] Thu, 08 September 2011 16:00 Go to previous message
but its a lil hard to see the floors as for in the cbox it wont show inside the house jus the exterior
Previous Topic: Best or must have mods
Next Topic: MAP QUESTION !!!!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:51:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01136 seconds