Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D:
icon4.gif  Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D: [message #64782] Fri, 23 September 2011 14:56 Go to next message
SergeantKeroroK66 is currently offline  SergeantKeroroK66

Hi, please help me. I've been messing around with modding my Fable The Lost Chapters game on Fable Explorer beta v4.1 for about a week now. I've been getting pretty good with modding it to be able to play as a female on there, swapping the hero's mesh and all that, and changing the entity sound and appearance to a different character so the face isn't messed up but I can still attack in a style that isn't extremely difficult to fight with(like a bandit's or something), and then I read the mesh swap fix mod topic, and it said to change or delete the hero's facial expressions. I went to the hero's CCreatureDef and went to the one it linked to, 10532 or 10529 or something like that, and went to the Expressions window, where it shows four expression animations, the EExpressionType things, so I deleted all four of those and set the (int)unknown to 0, and saved the mod. Now all of a sudden it made my game crash, so I tried uninstalling fable after trying to fix the expressions with setting it to a mod that saved my CREATURE_HERO file didn't work, and I tried uninstalling it(after deleting the Fable - The Lost Chapters folder in Program Files(x86)), and reinstalling it about 10 times! It works when I don't use Fable Explorer or Shadownet, but when I use one of those programs, without even modding it, it just crashes! I even tried deleting fable Explorer and Shadownet and all of my Fable Explorer-related programs and reinstalling them, and nothing! I really wanna play the game again with the female mod, because to be quite honest, I'm not a fan of staring at a guy's back all day, but I can't figure out how to get it to work without crashing! Please help me fix this.
Re: Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D: [message #64783 is a reply to message #64782] Fri, 23 September 2011 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you had no problems, why were you messing with anything in the first place? That advice is for people who had what some have called "frog face" after doing a mesh swap. The Hero has facial animations for squinting when facing the sun, when evil, when good, and another for default. These will carry over with a mesh swap and distort the face, hence frog face. But according to what you say, the face isn't messed up. You did more than just a simple mesh swap, so my advice wasn't necessary for you. And because I don't know exactly what you did, it is possible that following this advice is what borked your game.

Hope you made backups. Lesson learned is don't fix what isn't broken.
Re: Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D: [message #64784 is a reply to message #64783] Fri, 23 September 2011 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No I had the frog face thing, where the hero's face looks more appropriate for some demented carnival mask than a person's face? It had that no matter what mesh I used, and when I tried to fix the appearance so I could use a bandit's attack style, it wouldn't let me walk, or sneak, and I could attack twice every few seconds, and my arrows would take forever to shoot, and I would die almost instantly, so I thought if I could change or delete the hero's facial expressions, I could still use the hero's attack style, without the frog face thing, and not die so quickly. Also, when I used the bandit or guard's attack style, some of my ranged spells, like fireball, which I had gotten up to level four after a lot of will killing, would hit the ground right in front of me, making it useless.

EDIT: OH MY GOD, YES YES YES!Very Happy I fixed it! I just had to create a new account on this computer, and since I had just created it, it had acted as if I had JUST installed Fable for the first time, so now I can use it with Fable!Very Happy I recommend to anyone having this problem to make a new account and try that! YES!(Has been trying for two days to fix this.Very Happy) And thank you John Doe, for at least responding to it, and thanks to everyone who created Fable Explorer and Shadownet. I've just backed up all my files on the other account, so thanks again, and when I come back outside(only place I can pick up wireless internet) with my laptop sometime later(when I'm outside I'm usually walking around or something), I'll upload some mods onto here, so I'm not leeching.Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2011 16:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D: [message #64786 is a reply to message #64784] Fri, 23 September 2011 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Cool stuff. And yea, that would explain it. The CCreatureDef is persistent, means if you edit it, you really need to start a new game. That's my bad, I should have bundled that little tidbit with the advice given.

In any case, glad you got it working.
Re: Fable Explorer is now making my Fable TLC game crash.D: [message #64788 is a reply to message #64786] Fri, 23 September 2011 18:51 Go to previous message

Thank you, and it's okay. By the way, I was making a new game, then changing the CCreatureDef, but y'know what the problem was? I was making the new game BEFORE I edited it.xD Oh well, I've got it down now.Very Happy Thanks again.Smile
Previous Topic: Change the Combat Style HOW?
Next Topic: Can't Open Fable Explorer Beta 4.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 00:56:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00961 seconds