Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished
icon4.gif  All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished [message #64795] Sat, 24 September 2011 11:11 Go to next message
SergeantKeroroK66 is currently offline  SergeantKeroroK66

So yeah, I have a current problem, now that I have Fable Explorer working again(thanks again, JohnDoe.Very Happy). I'm trying to make bowerstone slums a village with all female women in it, ones that look, act, and sound like females, for what I think is an obvious reason, lol, but I'm running into a few problems. First off, I've imported a few female's creature entries into the males of bowerstone, and the children of bowerstone, and for some reason, they still retain their voices and sexuality. Now first off, it creeps me out when I see a woman who sounds like a british man, or a boy or girl, and would like to change that, and again the sexuality, so they can be attracted to my hero. Third thing I'm still having difficulties with, is that I want to know how to do all of this without rendering the blacksmith, the tailor(male, I think he always is, although there IS a female tailor CREATURE entry), barman/innkeeper, and the market trader near the town entrance useless, as where they could still sell me things, but talk like women, and be attracted to my hero like women. Also if I could change the guards around to women while still keeping their guard duties, that would be great, but it's not really far up on my worry list.Razz
Re: All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished [message #64796 is a reply to message #64795] Sat, 24 September 2011 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
SergeantKeroroK66 wrote on Sat, 24 September 2011 13:11

First off, I've imported a few female's creature entries into the males of bowerstone, and the children of bowerstone, and for some reason, they still retain their voices and sexuality.
Stop stop stop, you're making this harder than it has to be.

Village entries, VILLAGE_BOWERSTONE_SLUMS, open it. CDefs, open up the CVillagePeopleDef. Change out the men for women, fill all the slots with women I suppose. That will take care of the auto-spawned NPCs.

There may be male NPCs spawned in the TNGs, like that guard that blocks off access to Bowerstone North. Most of these guys will be special scripted and will have something to do with quests, like the teacher. Whatever you want to do about that, go ahead, but I suggest leaving them alone.

You won't have to change any entries to get this done. That alone bypasses the problem of having women who talk like men.

how to do all of this without rendering the blacksmith, the tailor(male, I think he always is, although there IS a female tailor CREATURE entry), barman/innkeeper, and the market trader near the town entrance useless, as where they could still sell me things, but talk like women, and be attracted to my hero like women.
That presents an issue. You'll have to edit entries for this one, best way to do it is to scrap them altogether and create new female shopkeepers who just stand there and sell the same items as the males. They won't do bartender/smith things though. As for the tailor and general shopkeeper, you can swap them out for female equivalents but I would recommend creating new female shopkeepers with the same inventories, that way it will be more Bowerstone-y and not Snowspire-y.

Also if I could change the guards around to women while still keeping their guard duties, that would be great, but it's not really far up on my worry list.Razz
That also presents a problem and would require the most definition work. Best way to go about doing this would be to look at how the bandit guards are set up and compare them with the standard guards. The differences you find will show you what you can change without losing guard functionality.
Re: All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished [message #64798 is a reply to message #64796] Sat, 24 September 2011 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 24 September 2011 14:38

Stop stop stop, you're making this harder than it has to be.

Lol, I have a problem with that, don't I?xD Anyway, thanks a lot, JohnDoe, you're extremely helpful, and I'll be on later to let you know how this works out, and if it works, I'll upload the mod.Very Happy Again, I appreciate it.Smile

EDIT: Hey, is there any way I can edit this so I don't have to start a new game for these changes to take effect, how do I keep the inventory of the shopkeepers, and also, when I DID start a new game with my test changes, most of the people who's gender I changed in the village entry disappeared, so it's more of a ghost town than anything, so how do I make it so they still spawn?D:

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2011 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished [message #64802 is a reply to message #64798] Sat, 24 September 2011 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
SergeantKeroroK66 wrote on Sat, 24 September 2011 15:06

EDIT: Hey, is there any way I can edit this so I don't have to start a new game for these changes to take effect
Nope. Pretty much everything you're talking about requires a new save.

Here's what you do, kill gameflow by commenting out the ActivateQuest line in the user.ini by placing // in front of it. Should look like:
// ActivateQuest("Gameflow");
Then change the SetStartingHolySite line in the userst.ini to that of the holy site in Bowerstone South. Should look like:
SetStartingHolySite("BowerstoneSlumsHSP");

In doing this, when you start a new game you won't have to bother with the guild training crap and you'll already be in Bowerstone South to check things. This helps during testing, you'll obviously want to revert the edits later on.

how do I keep the inventory of the shopkeepers
Inventories, shops and shop keepers are tied together in a really stupid way. Start with the building. I'll run through one for you.

BUILDING_BS_SHOP_TAILOR_01, CDefs, CShopDef. Scroll down to PreferredShopkeeperCreatureID and change it to the ID of your new female shopkeeper. Then, when the village is loaded and spawns the NPCs, it'll pick up the female shopkeeper and use that one for the shop. The inventory will remain the same.

when I DID start a new game with my test changes, most of the people who's gender I changed in the village entry disappeared, so it's more of a ghost town than anything, so how do I make it so they still spawn?D:
Might be a bug, sleep for four/five days and nights and if they're still gone, then it becomes an issue. You may want to try using different female entries rather than using the same one all the way through.
Re: All Female Vilage. Three roadblocks still, will post when finished [message #64807 is a reply to message #64802] Mon, 26 September 2011 17:07 Go to previous message

Thanks, I've made a mod and uploaded it, keeping a few people, places, and guards the same for continuity's sake. Thanks for your help, JohnDoe.^_^
Previous Topic: how to make new buildings
Next Topic: Colour Changing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 11:49:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01063 seconds