Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?)
icon5.gif  The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?) [message #64888] Wed, 05 October 2011 07:06 Go to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
Every time I hear this sound I am brought back to Fable TLC and fond memories

"TARDIS Door Opens"Doctor Who - Sound Effects - TARDIS Doors (Series 1 - 6) - YouTube

Other game sounds drift through the movies and TV shows and bring me right back to that game instantly. (Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\envrn\factCREAK.wav) was well used in the Doctor Who Christmas special Voyage of the Damned.

A few years ago I had a similar experiance while watching Family Matters and the door to the Transformation Chamber, which turned Urkel into "Stefan Urquelle" uses an unmistakable Morrowind sound.

Season: Six 1994/95
Episode: The Substitute Son #135
Morrowind sound heard:C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\trans\drmtl_opn.wav and drhvy_cls.wav
Re: The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?) [message #64892 is a reply to message #64888] Wed, 05 October 2011 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Or it could just be that a lot of people use library sounds....

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?) [message #64896 is a reply to message #64892] Wed, 05 October 2011 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused
What might be?

I meant to comment on how a sound from a good game can stand out and evoke good feelings or memories. I did not mean to ask a question or make a complaint.

Sorry Sad
Re: The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?) [message #64900 is a reply to message #64888] Thu, 06 October 2011 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Sativarg wrote on Wed, 05 October 2011 15:06

(Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\envrn\factCREAK.wav) was well used in the Doctor Who Christmas special Voyage of the Damned.

A few years ago I had a similar experiance while watching Family Matters and the door to the Transformation Chamber, which turned Urkel into "Stefan Urquelle" uses an unmistakable Morrowind sound.

Season: Six 1994/95
Episode: The Substitute Son #135
Morrowind sound heard:C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\trans\drmtl_opn.wav and drhvy_cls.wav

Admittedly some TV producers may slyly use game effects in their shows (a breach of copyright I'm sure), indeed a TV advert in this country is believed to have used the sound effect from a scene in the matrix as well as the style of the scene itself.

That being said though there's a massive sound library out there and chances are that a single sound gets used in a hundred different places.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: The TARDIS door sounds like...(trivia?) [message #64902 is a reply to message #64900] Fri, 07 October 2011 01:09 Go to previous message
OK
I'm not complaining either, I was reminiscing / trivializing. Copy writes are the least of my concern. I thought it was "neat" how a sound could trigger such a sudden strong and precise feeling is all.

There was a bird near my shed that was a very good mimic. This bird had a Morrowind sword draw sound and a helmet hit sound as part of its regular song. I'd like to see a lawyer try and sue that bird...
Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2011 01:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Can you get Blonde hair with evil?
Next Topic: Boredom.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:46:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01359 seconds