Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Can you change your wife's reactions?
Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64926] Mon, 10 October 2011 06:33 Go to next message
VulpineFoxDemon is currently offline  VulpineFoxDemon
For some reason, my wife gets all mad at me when I murder people in front of her. Is there any way to change that? After all she did marry a guy with demon horns growing out of his head. Twisted Evil
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64927 is a reply to message #64926] Mon, 10 October 2011 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
VulpineFoxDemon wrote on Mon, 10 October 2011 08:33

For some reason, my wife gets all mad at me when I murder people in front of her. Is there any way to change that? After all she did marry a guy with demon horns growing out of his head. Twisted Evil

For some reason, most people don't like killers... probably because they cannot stand violence, blood, or fear.

Give her gifts, and show your attractiveness.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2011 06:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64929 is a reply to message #64927] Mon, 10 October 2011 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I know that. What I mean is that I want to mod the game to have an evil wife for my evil hero. Is there any way I can make her cheer him on and fall more in love when the hero kills people in front of her?
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64930 is a reply to message #64929] Mon, 10 October 2011 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am sure there is a way, but it would have to involve some level of scripting, though I am not sure how I'd go about changing something like that. From what I've seen, all wives react exactly the same, so if you modify one, you modify them all.

Regarding my earlier response, the way you worded it made it sound like you thought normal people agree that others should be murdered, right in front of them. The only wife that would fit that description would be Lady Grey, but she acts the same way as every other wife in Albion.

Maybe one of the moderators know more about the scripts for wives, but I honestly haven't looked for anything like that when I browse them. This idea is getting me curious, however, so if you find something out on this thread, I'd definitely show interest in it as well.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64939 is a reply to message #64930] Tue, 11 October 2011 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Linkxp500 wrote on Mon, 10 October 2011 12:58

I am sure there is a way, but it would have to involve some level of scripting,
Actually there are definitions you can edit in the NPCs to change how they react to you. I don't remember the name of it, but a little prodding around should do it.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64942 is a reply to message #64939] Tue, 11 October 2011 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd have no idea for sure, so I'll take your word for it. Glad someone could answer this user's question. Now if only someone goes out to do this. If someone creates this idea as an FMP before I decide to, then I will just use it for personal use. I'll have to find a great deal of free time before I choose to try this. I know, I'm just terrible.

Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64946 is a reply to message #64926] Tue, 11 October 2011 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm, I found 5650 OPINION_DEED_EFFECTS_CRIME_MURDER in game.bin which apparently links to fearful/angry animations and text responses to murder. I don't think there's anything there specific to the hero's wife so I'm going to look for a wife entry that references OPINION_DEED_EFFECTS_CRIME_MURDER so I can switch it with something she likes. Am I on the right track?
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64949 is a reply to message #64926] Tue, 11 October 2011 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vrr, I can't find a darn thing. I noticed that other opinion entries (e.g. OPINION_DEED_EFFECTS_RECEIVE_GIFT_ROMANTIC) do have specific reactions for wives but I still have no clue how it connects to the wife character or changes her 'love' variable. Am I missing something obvious? Confused
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #64990 is a reply to message #64926] Thu, 20 October 2011 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Nobody has really ever touched the opinion definitions. They aren't labeled and there are quite a number of entries.

Have fun being the first person to mess with them... Razz

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #65027 is a reply to message #64990] Mon, 24 October 2011 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
People have ventured into reactions a few times but nothing quite as in-depth as I would like to see. Mostly it's simply copying over one reaction entry over another, so when you kill someone, nearby villagers go "OH YES ALRIGHT THAT'S THE STUFF" etc. Would be better to figure out exactly what does what in that labyrinthine mess of shit.
Re: Can you change your wife's reactions? [message #65337 is a reply to message #65027] Thu, 24 November 2011 13:40 Go to previous message
Yeah, that's about as far as I got. I can make her clap and cheer me on... right before threatening a divorce. Rolling Eyes
Previous Topic: Modding with Fable Explorer
Next Topic: Helping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:51:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01698 seconds