Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Request: Theresa
Request: Theresa [message #65144] Sun, 30 October 2011 13:55 Go to next message
Neki is currently offline  Neki
Hey, I'm new and all yada yada yada..
Anyway, I was looking around and found a mod I wanted by morerunes but I can't find a download link for the life of me.
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=34464& amp;&srch=Theresa#msg_34464
Can anyone provide a link or.. something.

Thanks in advance.

~Neki

Backups? I do not need backups.
I am a man who never regrets my decisions!
Because I walk such a straight path I get lost sometimes.. but I always find my way back!
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65146 is a reply to message #65144] Sun, 30 October 2011 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Attiman is currently offline  Attiman
Hello Neki, Welcome in FableTLCMod Forum BTW
and i see what you mean and i can't find it either
you may want to try the search button
and type in Theresa

( Search button is in you Profile chooses
Up in the right )
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65164 is a reply to message #65146] Mon, 31 October 2011 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
The mod was pulled from the site due to how bugged it was. I am not sure if morerunes plans to continue the project, but you can always PM him about it. Very Happy

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65171 is a reply to message #65144] Mon, 31 October 2011 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
A number of people have had in-depth play-as-female mods in the works, including me, but there have always been a number of practical problems with it.
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65173 is a reply to message #65171] Tue, 01 November 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 31 October 2011 16:32

A number of people have had in-depth play-as-female mods in the works, including me, but there have always been a number of practical problems with it.

Ah, are they like "Explode your computer in a Firey Explosion that can be seen from Space!", problems?
Or just little glitches and/or crashes.

If it's the latter I honestly don't mind small problems like that.
For example, my favorite weapon mod is Keshire Sickle, feels like a smaller scale Sycthe,which I would like to see actual Scythes (not the Hero), however I noticed it glitches during cutscences as well as some animations, making it look like a black saw-like weapon.

Because I walk such a straight path I get lost sometimes.. but I always find my way back!
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65180 is a reply to message #65173] Tue, 01 November 2011 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Neki wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 12:23

Ah, are they like "Explode your computer in a Firey Explosion that can be seen from Space!", problems?
Or just little glitches and/or crashes.
Mostly glitches. Imagine a slider.

Amount of work
Little----------Huge
<------------------>
Huge----------Little

Amount of problems

Very simple and easy to understand, yes? The more common, very simple and basic play-as-female mods are quite problematic. Helpers are missing, animations are borked, effects don't work right, magic looks stupid, clothing doesn't work right, ranged crashes the game depending on how the individual mod is put together. On the flipside, a very complex, well-built mod will still have problems.

Best-case scenario:
Limited animations.
Heroine still referred to as male in dialogue.
Funny looking spells and expressions.
Less heroine actions in cutscenes due to lack of animations.
Funny looking ranged (bow) attacks.
Limited clothing/armor/hair. Most clothing clips.
No horns unless made from scratch.

And that's with a lot of work.

Neki wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 12:23

If it's the latter I honestly don't mind small problems like that.
For example, my favorite weapon mod is Keshire Sickle, feels like a smaller scale Sycthe,which I would like to see actual Scythes (not the Hero), however I noticed it glitches during cutscences as well as some animations, making it look like a black saw-like weapon.
Scythe's scythe is a mesh issue. That can be fixed for use with the Hero.

Actual scythes could be made but the issue there is hit detection. You only one line, a scythe would need two to work good, and with one it just looks stupid. There are no physics, it's all helpers, so you swing the scythe and either an NPC's head flies off before the scythe hits it or the scythe goes ten inches into the guy's face before his head comes off. Either way, that's no good.

The idea is to find a balance between ease to produce and quality of final product. If it is easy and looks like ass, no point. If it's crazy difficult and still looks like ass, definitely no point.
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65185 is a reply to message #65180] Wed, 02 November 2011 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see..
So basically, for the mods I want it requires pretty much making a new game entirely...
Ah well.
Thanks for the information.

Re: Request: Theresa [message #65188 is a reply to message #65185] Wed, 02 November 2011 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Neki wrote on Wed, 02 November 2011 13:17

I see..
So basically, for the mods I want it requires pretty much making a new game entirely...
Ah well.
Thanks for the information.
Hardly. While it is true that in making your own game you can make it your own way, allowing the things you want, you put in a significantly larger amount of effort. Mods of any size are modifications of existing games rather than their own games because the foundation is already there, making it much, much easier.
Re: Request: Theresa [message #65192 is a reply to message #65188] Wed, 02 November 2011 18:51 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I actually had one working pretty well, but I gave up after realizing that the CAppearanceDef entry wouldn't go into the fmp with regular fable explorer, and I had lost the animation files.

I re-did the mod 3 or so times, painstakingly, each ending in failure (due to my own ignorance and lack of planning), and now I have no desire to try again.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: jump expresion
Next Topic: new entrys for armour suits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:54:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01327 seconds