Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero.
[WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65179] Tue, 01 November 2011 10:44 Go to next message
Neki is currently offline  Neki
Neki here.

I've been looking around and have noticed a lack of animations.
Not sure if it's because it's too hard or people are just lazy.
Anyway, while playing Fable, one thing kept pissing me off.. why the hell do I have to go stand in a corner in the tavern(so I don't target anyone) and chug beers down like some nerd at a college party, who wants to seem cool, but is most likely gonna regret it tomorrow?
It's annoying, while the lil' villagers are sitting down laughing, and barmaids are bringing them beer in actual MUGS?!
Instead, I'm drinking out of this weird vase like bottle...

Ranting aside, I'm announcing my work on this subject.
Although I may be new and all, I've had a decent 2-3 years experience with modding on other games.
(FableExplorer is making it so much easier, so props to the creators whom I believe to be Hunter and BlueTooth)

I have not read every single tutorial and I haven't looked though every single mod, so feel free to hate on me if this has already been done or deemed impossible.

Back to the main subject of this topic.
I had almost finished it(or so I thought) when I realized.. in-game the Hero simply sits mid-air.. I've tried looking around the FableExplorer but can't find much of anything that allows me to interact with chairs and benches like the villagers do.

If someone with more experiences would kindly point out how this can be done, would be most appreciated.

Again, if it can't be done, just let me know.

Backups? I do not need backups.
I am a man who never regrets my decisions!
Because I walk such a straight path I get lost sometimes.. but I always find my way back!
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65181 is a reply to message #65179] Tue, 01 November 2011 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The Hero is a special NPC. He cannot do the things NPCs do. And for some reason that makes him special. So, sitting, nope.
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65182 is a reply to message #65181] Tue, 01 November 2011 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 13:45

The Hero is a special NPC. He cannot do the things NPCs do. And for some reason that makes him special. So, sitting, nope.

So the Hero can't use ANY NPC animations? Well that's rubbish.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65183 is a reply to message #65182] Tue, 01 November 2011 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Zyreq wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 17:01

I didn't say that. I said he can't sit.

He can use any NPC animation, even if it looks stupid. But he can't interact with other objects the way NPCs do, there is a helper on the chairs and benches that tell the NPCs where their butt goes when they sit. Maybe markers too, don't know. Same thing with bartender using the beer tap to fill mugs, barmaid delivering drinks, people drinking drinks, people sleeping in beds, what are some others... people hammering and cleaning stuff, gamekeeper dealing cards, all that stuff, the Hero can't do it. He can do the animation, he can't do the interaction. He will not sit properly, he will not deal cards, he will not fill beer mugs, he won't sleep in a bed, he even has sleep animations, they just don't work right.
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65186 is a reply to message #65179] Wed, 02 November 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neki is currently offline  Neki
My god..
Apparently I dream of a Fable that cannot be.
Ah well.. I'm still gonna try.
Even if I have to make entirely new chairs! Mad

Backups? I do not need backups.
I am a man who never regrets my decisions!
Because I walk such a straight path I get lost sometimes.. but I always find my way back!
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65189 is a reply to message #65183] Wed, 02 November 2011 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 17:37

Zyreq wrote on Tue, 01 November 2011 17:01

I didn't say that. I said he can't sit.

He can use any NPC animation, even if it looks stupid. But he can't interact with other objects the way NPCs do, there is a helper on the chairs and benches that tell the NPCs where their butt goes when they sit. Maybe markers too, don't know. Same thing with bartender using the beer tap to fill mugs, barmaid delivering drinks, people drinking drinks, people sleeping in beds, what are some others... people hammering and cleaning stuff, gamekeeper dealing cards, all that stuff, the Hero can't do it. He can do the animation, he can't do the interaction. He will not sit properly, he will not deal cards, he will not fill beer mugs, he won't sleep in a bed, he even has sleep animations, they just don't work right.

Ah I see now. So you're saying that the Hero can do the animations of sitting but cannot properly "sit" on a chair like an NPC does?

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65190 is a reply to message #65186] Wed, 02 November 2011 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob1988 is currently offline  rob1988
just how are you going to make the hero react to the chairs.

if can do this it will open new doors for more mods
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65194 is a reply to message #65189] Wed, 02 November 2011 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Zyreq wrote on Thu, 03 November 2011 01:33

So you're saying that the Hero can do the animations of sitting but cannot properly "sit" on a chair like an NPC does?

Ya the regular NPCs use the markers to know where to go and what to interact with the hero doesn't so he may adopt a sitting position on a chair if you position him properly (Keshire had a pic of the hero doing just that, see below) but it doesn't touch the chair.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero. [message #65196 is a reply to message #65194] Thu, 03 November 2011 13:11 Go to previous message

Retired
Mmhmm. Everything would have to be set up special. Converting all places where the Hero should be allowed to sit just so that he can, you know, sit is absurd.
Previous Topic: Uchiwa 2 blades Sword (avo`s tear retextur)
Next Topic: Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01180 seconds