Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once)
icon12.gif  Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once) [message #65204] Sat, 05 November 2011 17:43 Go to next message
Memnoch is currently offline  Memnoch
Hey forum!

Figured I'd give modding the hero a shot, and I'm trying for a summoner mod, as there are no working ones I know of. Everything's going pretty good at the time of this post, switching animations is proving to be arduous, but satisfying.

There's one huge problem I'm facing, however, and that's weapons. As a summoner (myself, at least) I don't feel like messing around with bows. I'm going to try to mod Infernal Wrath into the summoner's lightning ball attack (wish me luck), and that'd be my ranged thing. Helpers on normal weapons don't match with the summoner's mesh(s) or bones, and even the "Summoner's Sword" doesn't sit right. It stays on his back (sheathed) well enough, however he holds it in a reverse grip, and a crappy one at that. Any ideas what to do about this? I don't understand why creature summoners can hold the damned thing, but I can't, even with the graphic switched.

Also, the summoner's Charge attack animation is defunk'd. I can run fine, but the left hand get's stretched in a way hands were never meant to do, even in a fantasy RPG. Same with blocking (though one of the recoil block animations looks fine, I think it's the left recoil).

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2011 21:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once) [message #65205 is a reply to message #65204] Sat, 05 November 2011 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The helpers in the weapon are rotated to match the summoner's skeleton. You need to edit the mesh.

The animation cannot be fixed, again, because of the skeleton of the hero. It does not match the skeleton of the summoners well enough. You will have to edit the hero's skeleton, which is a big pain in the butt.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once) [message #65206 is a reply to message #65205] Sun, 06 November 2011 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Memnoch is currently offline  Memnoch
The animations are screwed even in Shadownet's mesh preview. I'll use the trick of drag-and-dropping the block and charge animations into the mesh preview of SUMMONER_01 and SUMMONER_02, and both do the same thing. I'm not sure how that preview works, but I'm pretty sure that if every single other animation works, that three that are messy might just be glitches on their parts. I don't know, maybe it uses the bones of the hero in that preview, but trying to use a hero anim on a summoner mesh and visa versa just makes me laugh.

ANIM_CREATURE_SUMMONER_CHARGE
ANIM_CREATURE_SUMMONER_BLOCK_IDLE
ANIM_CREATURE_SUMMONER_BLOCK_RECOIL_RIGHT
ANIM_CREATURE_SUMMONER_DIE_LOOP

These all have something funny with the preview, and subsequently, with in-game use. Strangely, ANIM_CREATURE_SUMMONER_BLOCK_RECOIL_LEFT looks okay. Makes me wonder why.

As to the mesh being rotated, would that mess up the way it looks while sheathed? Because as it is right now, it looks fine. Also, other weapons (ie-the Iron Longsword given to you by the Guildmaster) aren't held correctly by the summoner, true enough. However, they seem to be attached to something somewhere in the region of the waist, but the Summoner's Sword is held close enough to where the mesh's hand is, even if in a reverse grip. What would this mean as far as what to do with helpers?
Re: Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once) [message #65207 is a reply to message #65206] Mon, 07 November 2011 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Sorry, my mistake. I was under the impression you hadn't changed the animations yet. The summoner's bones should be able to handle anything the summoner animations can throw at you, so I don't know what's up with that.

As for the weapon, there are different helper objects for orienting the sheathing place and the handle placement/rotation. If you mess with just the hilt helper you'll hold it correctly without messing with the way it sheaths.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Summoner Mod (a halfway decent one for once) [message #65362 is a reply to message #65204] Tue, 29 November 2011 22:31 Go to previous message
businessphones is currently offline  businessphones
Saw the preview and liked the animation. Also, make some changes regarding weapons for which most of them have given there review!!

** Signature removed for advertising **
Previous Topic: [WIP] Sitting Animations for your Hero.
Next Topic: Apple Pie Longbow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:50:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01168 seconds