Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » "finished" balvarine mod
"finished" balvarine mod [message #65257] Thu, 17 November 2011 00:44 Go to next message
jofadda is currently offline  jofadda
does anyone have a copy of the mod finished to the digree that it transforms the player based on infection and does so nightly?
if not, is anyone willing to try such a thing?
Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65258 is a reply to message #65257] Thu, 17 November 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Not possible.
Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65262 is a reply to message #65258] Thu, 17 November 2011 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how so? it could be made so that the transformations are made to activate during certain times via cutscene on the hour via the ingame timer,
the infection could be obtained by asigning the infection quality to "raw balvarine meat"
the only problem is making the infection permanent, well that and figuring out how to code it

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2011 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65263 is a reply to message #65257] Thu, 17 November 2011 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Listen. I don't like you. It's not possible.

The only way to cause the transformation is via cutscene. There is no way to call cutscenes at will except for that one specific cutscene that requires you to hit the marker (conveniently placed at the sign) in some way to trigger it. It cannot be made a recurring time-based event.

You can make a new produce item with various effects, true. Turning into a balverine is not one of them. This is not a TES game. The produce can make you uglier or prettier, good or evil, fast or slow, fat and maybe skinny (haven't tested it), agreeable or disagreeable, it can even make you drunk but it cannot give you an "infected" state which later turns you into a balverine. The game isn't made to be able to do that.
Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65264 is a reply to message #65263] Fri, 18 November 2011 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disagree on the "impossibility" of coding what i just stated, it is completely possible, it would require introduction of compeletely new scripting introduced to the game but its still possible, whether there is someone willing to make said scripting overhaul is a very probable "not gunna happen" with the negative veiws on said possibility
Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65265 is a reply to message #65264] Fri, 18 November 2011 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

jofadda wrote on Fri, 18 November 2011 00:36

i disagree on the "impossibility"
Film yourself flying by flapping your arms and get back to us.

You're telling someone that has been modding this game for years what is and isn't possible. It will not end well so just give up and accept the answer that you've been given or we'll have problems.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: "finished" balvarine mod [message #65269 is a reply to message #65264] Fri, 18 November 2011 22:33 Go to previous message

Retired
jofadda wrote on Fri, 18 November 2011 02:36

i disagree on the "impossibility" of coding what i just stated
Disagree all you want. I'm still right.

it is completely possible, it would require introduction of compeletely new scripting introduced to the game but its still possible
No, not new scripting, new scripting system. Fable doesn't have a very fluid setup where you can just yank out how everything works and put in your own custom way of doing things, if it were that easy we'd be doing all kinds of really cool stuff that puts everything on this forum to shame. But because we live in the real world, things of fiction do not apply.

whether there is someone willing to make said scripting overhaul is a very probable "not gunna happen" with the negative veiws on said possibility
Oh, you're one of those. Alright. Well yes, I suppose it is technically possible. But without source code from Lionhead (never, ever, ever going to happen ever ever, even if they wanted to share it and they don't) it really would be faster to just create a new game.
Previous Topic: sub zero outfit
Next Topic: scripted Tattoo's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:53:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00889 seconds