Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Erm I have a problem
Erm I have a problem [message #65317] Tue, 22 November 2011 20:51 Go to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
I have stumbled upon a problem regarding the textures of my hero. I have noticed recently that my hero's skin textures and other type of textures have been distorted.

No matter how many times i replace the texture with a normal quality texture it will always become distorted.
So i'm wondering if any of you could assist me please Smile.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65319 is a reply to message #65317] Wed, 23 November 2011 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
How is it distorted? By color? By size? Or is it pixelated? I don't understand the issue... Confused

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65320 is a reply to message #65317] Wed, 23 November 2011 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

The 'custom tattoos' will always end up pixelated looking. Make new tattoos by making new entries with Fable Explorer

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65321 is a reply to message #65320] Wed, 23 November 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 is currently offline  Linkxp500
How do you know what he's talking about? The texture looks fine... Confused

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

http://gamercards.playfire.com/_/xbox/634307/0/default.pngXbox Gamercards
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65323 is a reply to message #65321] Wed, 23 November 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I think he means the wierd shape fable skin textures are always in. All streched out and stuffs. If this is the case, sorry dude, there's nothing for it, it works like that, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65330 is a reply to message #65319] Wed, 23 November 2011 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linkxp500 wrote on Wed, 23 November 2011 05:39

How is it distorted? By color? By size? Or is it pixelated? I don't understand the issue... Confused

If you look at the example the image is distorted as in image quality decrease. No matter how many times i replace the "bad" image with a good quality image it always ends up degraded in quality. I have tried FE,SN,and CB and all have failed. I could always reinstall but it's a bit of a pain in the arse. And thank you for your guys' current help Smile.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65332 is a reply to message #65330] Thu, 24 November 2011 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I'll guess that you're using JPG. Don't. PNG is the way to go. JPG is typically lossy, it loses quality. PNG is typically lossless, it retains quality. If that's not the case, give us more details, like what image editor you're using, what formats you're exporting and importing as.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65338 is a reply to message #65332] Thu, 24 November 2011 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 24 November 2011 02:12

I'll guess that you're using JPG. Don't. PNG is the way to go. JPG is typically lossy, it loses quality. PNG is typically lossless, it retains quality. If that's not the case, give us more details, like what image editor you're using, what formats you're exporting and importing as.

Problem is,i'm not using JPG :/.
Edit:Right, I've tried importing a PNG, BMP, and just now a JPG image. I have not edited them. I used the original images in importing them but it continues to convert into bad quality. If there is no solution then I will either reinstall or check if it's a graphics card problem.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 November 2011 19:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65339 is a reply to message #65338] Thu, 24 November 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satan

Administrator
Zyreq wrote on Fri, 25 November 2011 00:43

Problem is,i'm not using JPG :/.

JohnDoe wrote on Thu, 24 November 2011 02:12

If that's not the case, give us more details, like what image editor you're using, what formats you're exporting and importing as.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65340 is a reply to message #65317] Thu, 24 November 2011 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I think I know what it is. The image imports exactly as it should. But the texture preview doesn't always update. Just click Apply Changes, close the entry, open it up again, and see if the texture is there. This is only for verification, you don't need to do this as the texture is applied, this is just to check if you are unsure if it has been applied, such is the current case.
Re: Erm I have a problem [message #65361 is a reply to message #65340] Tue, 29 November 2011 22:27 Go to previous message
Sorry for the late reply. I have fixed the problem. I followed what John said and it worked. Many thanks.

Previous Topic: help wanted "going completionist"
Next Topic: My introduction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:11:14 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01225 seconds