Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Is a pure melee character viable?
Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65574] Thu, 05 January 2012 17:39 Go to next message
azuremight is currently offline  azuremight
Because i read on the wiki that when fighting the first jack of blades, there's a point where melee attacks can no longer hit him. And being melee also means i won't have area attacks. For my first character i played a will character; basically it was slowtime + divine fury and the monsters couldnt whack me at all.
also, how's the damage compared to divine fury and such?
And is there a way to reset what villagers say when you start a new profile? Because even after starting a new profile, villagers say things from my previous completed character, like "jack is dead and you're alive"

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2012 20:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65577 is a reply to message #65574] Sat, 07 January 2012 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It is not viable to ONLY use melee. However, you CAN just avoid using bows and magic except against Jack of Blades in his transformed flying uber death aura form.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65578 is a reply to message #65577] Sat, 07 January 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Unless you make a really big sword

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65579 is a reply to message #65578] Sat, 07 January 2012 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Eh, easy enough, the only problems would be clipping and the ability to beat opponents senseless from a distance they couldn't reach you from. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65581 is a reply to message #65579] Sat, 07 January 2012 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

*smack*

"What the heck was that?"

"Oh, looks like it was a sword."

"The guy is like, 10 meters away!"

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Is a pure melee character viable? [message #65584 is a reply to message #65581] Sun, 08 January 2012 05:32 Go to previous message
azuremight is currently offline  azuremight
I wish Very Happy
I've created a warrior character with some magic thrown in, though the blocks of other humanoids such as bandits are rather annoying; i've had this bandit block 8 out of 10 blows Evil or Very Mad
Technically they could just block the whole day and i couldnt do a thing against them (except zap em)
Previous Topic: I messed up my fable tlc
Next Topic: Do you think the Sword of Aeons in TLC needs more damage?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:58:00 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01393 seconds