Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up.
Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65580] Sat, 07 January 2012 17:50 Go to next message
gameplayer567 is currently offline  gameplayer567
Hello. (I am using the steam version btw). When I try to load a mod package this shows. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Also It took me a while to get it working. I looked at this http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9043& ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;start=0&fourm but I still cannot get it to work. Btw when I open fable explorer It appears blank the BIG files don't come up.

What do I do?

Thanks

(Removed attachment because image too big)

[Updated on: Sun, 08 January 2012 19:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65596 is a reply to message #65580] Wed, 11 January 2012 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

What mod are you trying to install?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65597 is a reply to message #65596] Wed, 11 January 2012 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am trying to install the bastard sword mod, and I have tried other mods as well. Also all the files on the Fable explorer interface (BIG files and Bin) won't show up. (Sorry I already said that.)

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 15:19]

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65598 is a reply to message #65597] Wed, 11 January 2012 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

BIG and BIN files not showing up in FE means only one thing to me. You illegally downloaded Fable, didn't you?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65599 is a reply to message #65598] Wed, 11 January 2012 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I downloaded It on Steam. That's Legal Isn't It?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 15:59]

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65600 is a reply to message #65599] Wed, 11 January 2012 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, Steam's legal. Uhh, I have no clue. Modding's supposed to work with Steam version.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65601 is a reply to message #65600] Wed, 11 January 2012 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's okay thanks for help anyway. I may have to get the normal version.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 20:40]

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65602 is a reply to message #65601] Wed, 11 January 2012 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You should be able to manually load the big and bin files by going to file>>open

That may fix your problems

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65603 is a reply to message #65602] Thu, 12 January 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I have not mentioned this before. But I have tried that and when I try to edit the some of the files, and when I click save mods and run fable it says: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Specified cast is not valid." And there is a button that says "Details" and It shows a lot of stuff about the exception. Also, after when I click continue ftom click save mods and run fable it says : "Press "OK" when you have finished using and have closed fable". And I have not been using fable.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 10:21]

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65604 is a reply to message #65603] Thu, 12 January 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Do you click "OK"? Or do you just click the little "x" at the corner? If you click "OK", does it just exit out, or does it tell you Fable is still running?

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65605 is a reply to message #65603] Thu, 12 January 2012 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Just wait after the "ok" button comes up. Don't close it or press okay, just wait and fable should start

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65606 is a reply to message #65605] Thu, 12 January 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I tried, and It didn't work for some reason
Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65607 is a reply to message #65606] Thu, 12 January 2012 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

What do you mean it didn't work? Did it just not run, and you clicked the "x" on the message thingamajig? Or did it not run and you hit "OK"? You still haven't answered my previous question, and I need details.

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65608 is a reply to message #65607] Thu, 12 January 2012 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It did not run when I clicked "ok" and there was no "x"

[Updated on: Thu, 12 January 2012 16:43]

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65610 is a reply to message #65608] Fri, 13 January 2012 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Of course it wouldn't run after hitting OK, it tells you to hit it when you're done with fable. What I need to know is, does it tell you fable is still running, or does it just disappear?

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65612 is a reply to message #65610] Fri, 13 January 2012 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just disappears.
Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65617 is a reply to message #65612] Fri, 13 January 2012 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well crap. Uhh, I have no idea then. Confused

Re: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up. [message #65622 is a reply to message #65617] Fri, 13 January 2012 15:44 Go to previous message
Ok then, thanks for the help. I just may have to get the normal version. I will properly have to get it from Amazon in the US because I live in New Zealand.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 January 2012 15:44]

Previous Topic: ChocolateBox Help
Next Topic: n00b mods question: adding/removing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:10:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01237 seconds