Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » n00b mods question: adding/removing
icon9.gif  n00b mods question: adding/removing [message #65660] Wed, 18 January 2012 12:46 Go to next message
Michmat is currently offline  Michmat
(I use FE 4.1) I downloaded a .fmp that's a full costume of jack of blades, and the problem is, I don't know how to remove it. It's an edit of the skin, so I can't wear clothes/hair while wearing it. Well I've seen some other mods I would like to have, so, how do you remove one mod, and add another? and of course I'll rep+ anyone who gives a good answer.
Re: n00b mods question: adding/removing [message #65661 is a reply to message #65660] Wed, 18 January 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You can only remove mods by replacing the edited files with backups. If you had a fit of forgetfulness and forgot to make backups, you can get them off your disc. To do so, find the .cab files in each disc, open them up with an extraction/compression program such as winzip, 7zip, or winrar, find the stuff you need to backup(In this case it would be game.bin, graphics.big, textures.big, and text.big), put it all on your hard drive, and copy and paste the files into the folders they belong, and when asked whether to replace, say yes.

On a seperate note, what in god's name is "rep+"?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: n00b mods question: adding/removing [message #65662 is a reply to message #65661] Wed, 18 January 2012 13:18 Go to previous message
Michmat is currently offline  Michmat
asmcint wrote on Wed, 18 January 2012 12:55

You can only remove mods by replacing the edited files with backups. If you had a fit of forgetfulness and forgot to make backups, you can get them off your disc. To do so, find the .cab files in each disc, open them up with an extraction/compression program such as winzip, 7zip, or winrar, find the stuff you need to backup(In this case it would be game.bin, graphics.big, textures.big, and text.big), put it all on your hard drive, and copy and paste the files into the folders they belong, and when asked whether to replace, say yes.

On a seperate note, what in god's name is "rep+"?

Haha sorry, I just started and was probably on the other site when reading about weapon editing, I think it's adding points towards reputation? I don't know D: they just said please rep+ this if it was a good tutorial. Also, thanks for the help and fast reply. Smile
Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Shadownet Can not load mod packages and BIG files do not come up.
Next Topic: AE problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:35:08 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01333 seconds