Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed
[Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65705] Thu, 26 January 2012 18:17 Go to next message
Erquint is currently offline  Erquint

Pleased to know that this forum is still alive.

In short:
I am fairly new to modding. Had expirience with HEX-editing, little TES-modding, trainer-creation.
I just found my old copy of the game(which i just love) and was planning to play vanilla as i haven't ever been checking if there are mods for F:TLC, but it comes to my knowledge that there are Smile
So i wanna have a script for locking speed attribute to actual running speed.

I would appreciate pointing me in a right direction for starting to make such a type of mod.
OR
If someone takes it more worthy of time to make the mod by himself -- that would be great too.

UPD:
Atm i am trying to find something using ChocolateBox util.
I could have made a trainer/patch for this, but that would be a hell of a work actually.

Time zones list on this forum board is hilariously ridiculous.

[Updated on: Thu, 26 January 2012 18:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65706 is a reply to message #65705] Fri, 27 January 2012 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Erquint wrote on Thu, 26 January 2012 21:17

So i wanna have a script for locking speed attribute to actual running speed.

Glad to know you're interested in modding fable and that you have experience with modding other games, as that comes in handy. However what you're asking cannot be done, as it involves linking two things that have no pre-existing link to work off of. While that would be relatively simple to do with a game like Oblivion, you cannot do it with Fable, as we have no developer support, and as such all progress made has been done by individuals who had the skill to open up files with hex workshop and decipher them byte by byte. That being said, the most we can do is edit existing features that have already been figured out. To link the speed stat, which affects attack speed, to also affect your running speed, without a pre-existing link to build off of, is like trying to tie your shoes without laces, or trying to build a bridge with no wood, stone, or metal. It can't be done unless we get developer support, but if that were possible it would already have been done in the nearly seven years the modding of TLC has been around. Sorry to disappoint, but there's still some epic things we can do, feel free to look around and find out how. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65708 is a reply to message #65706] Sat, 28 January 2012 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There gotta be some way to make a laces, chop wood, dig stone and forge metal. Pity i am not in a mood to dig hard into the topic right now. (*lazy*)

Btw game is short and i will probably finish it on next week.
Only started to play to remember the game before playing 3rd Fable for the first time.
(Feel guilty if not played through all of the series, but anyway i've no XBox360 or else i would play 2nd Fable too)

But before i drop the game i'm gonna try to make another thing:
Some kind of actual training dummies giving you exp(for training).

Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65709 is a reply to message #65708] Sat, 28 January 2012 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That training dummy idea should be easy enough. I would use CBOX to go into the guild and find the killable one, get its CREATURE entry, then take to FE to edit it and reproduce it all around.Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65710 is a reply to message #65709] Sat, 28 January 2012 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Funny thing is that the mortal one(which is in the melee training ring) isn't a CREATURE, but is the same OBJECT as others.
Obviously it dies in tutorial only because of scripts.

Btw forgive me my inperfect english.

It seems, to my unexperienced opinion, that i have to create a CREATURE, give it the properties of OBJECT_STRAW_DUMMY_01, give them enourmous HP and DEF and replace the spawn of'em.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2012 12:26]

Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65711 is a reply to message #65710] Sat, 28 January 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sounds about right. And don't worry about your english, there have been tons of people with infinitely worse english than you. Wink

Re: [Mod/Advice request]Adequate relation between speed attribute and sprinting speed [message #65712 is a reply to message #65711] Sat, 28 January 2012 13:34 Go to previous message

Here is the first progress(if it can be called progress):

I made a CREATURE_STRAW_DUMMY with a template of CREATURE_BANDIT_FOOT*something* and a straw dummy model. Spawned it using region editor.
Aaaaaand... Kinda can't find it. It seems that it has some scripts, which make it disappear. I have no clue what should i type into all those property fields, what to do with it's brain and everything.

Any advice?

UPD:

Forget what i just wrote. I was a bit wrong, gonna try another way.

UPD2:

Found BRAIN_STAND_AROUND_LIKE_A_MORON. It's name made me LOL alot.
Gonna try it out. (Sidenote: DeJaVu)

UPD3:

What should i do to components? And what is CE6CAB01 component?
And what are Cdefs? Sorry if this question is too stupid. I've red wiki, but it seems outdated. Are they used for overriding?

UPD3:

Too many UPDates. So i made CREATURE_STRAW_DUMMY with a template of male guild apprentice.
Gave him 9001 HP, moron brain, straw_dummy model and hostile faction.
Here is how it works...
In editor he looks like a dummy, in the game he is an apprentice. Guards aren't alarmed when i attack him. To target him i need to [Space] (friend-like behavior). No matter how hard i try -- he doesn't die. One good thing -- i make a good CM(CombMult) attacking him and obviously exp.

How do i lock him in place so that i can't blow him out of his starting point attacking him?

UPDfinal:

As a temporary solution made this from scratch:
http://youtu.be/A0M4aDf384o

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2012 18:09]

Previous Topic: Wondering if someone could save me some time?
Next Topic: Fable The Lost Chapters Update/Remake
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:35:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01433 seconds