Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF
icon5.gif  Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF [message #65759] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:01 Go to next message
Kusagai is currently offline  Kusagai
This is my first post and I am new to modding. I am trying to figure out how to make the new entry i created model the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_DRUNKENNESS_DEF so that i can make a new object definition for an edible mushroom that will use the new ability to apply the same type of effect as drunkenness but i can customize the [D2100FE8]drunkengraphic(which uses sprite 4356), [B2FE2BAF]maxalpha, [ABBF8654]uspeed, [5CD12D2]vspeed, and [8FA18BF2]rotspeed. The problem i run into is that i don't know how to apply the definition to an item to make it have an AddsHighness(modeled after AddsDrunkenness) to the items CBonusItemDef. I was wondering if it is defined throught the script.bin or names.bin or both perhaps. And if it is how would i got about defining it. I really hope its not located within the actual executable of the file. P.S. if this is in the wrong area forgive me. I thought this might only need to edit definitions to work.
Re: Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF [message #65760 is a reply to message #65759] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hold up there buddy. You're telling me you made a new definition saying addshighness to use instead of addsdrunkenness? Stupid. Plain stupid. It wouldn't work and even if it could, it's pointless and overall redundant if it's just gonna do the exact same thing. I'm going to make this very simple. Make a new object from a food entry, change its mesh to that of the blue mushrooms, and then, tinker with addsdrunkenness. Got it? Rolling Eyes
And if you need to know how to make a new object properly, just pm me. Also, good job posting this where it belongs, too few people who pay attention to where things go recently. Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2012 13:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF [message #65763 is a reply to message #65760] Tue, 07 February 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. My idea was to create it that way so i could customize the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF to be seperate from the SPECIAL_ABILITIES_DRUNKENNESS_DEF effectively making a new property in CBonusItemDef to change for the mushrooms by making them use the new special ability in place of drunkenness but if thats not possible i would pretty much have to choose between beer and mushrooms but id rather have both. Thank you for the help.
Re: Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF [message #65764 is a reply to message #65763] Tue, 07 February 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I don't think you're getting it. Use the drunkenness thing, it will do the exact same thing you want your highness thing to do, effectively eliminating redundancies. Noone has to know that they're drunk not high off the mushroom. You don't have to pick and choose, just use the already existing drunkenness def available in the CBonusItemDef of every piece of produce. Get it now? Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Magic mushroom using a new entry labeled SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HIGHNESS_DEF [message #65767 is a reply to message #65764] Wed, 08 February 2012 09:08 Go to previous message
I get it but if it was possible to do what i wanted i could modify how the highness would be seperately customizable including the texture it would use and how messed up the screen gets but just modifying its drunkenness value would only make it a stronger beer rather than a seperate effect. Like making a custom sprite on screen that displays a very colorful alpha rather than a mostly see through one. I have already made a mushroom item that is just a stronger drunkenness value that wasnt the hard part. But thank you for the help.
Previous Topic: How to put new animations?
Next Topic: Please, location of some effects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:07:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00975 seconds