Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » how can i import a new model with texture?
how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65851] Wed, 22 February 2012 00:02 Go to next message
zeeeeee is currently offline  zeeeeee
I exported the model and texture of one weapon using FE, with a file extension of .x and .dds respectively. Then i modified the model with 3DS MAX 2010. I could attach the texture to the model in MAX, but after i exported the modified model, as a .x file, the texture vanished. How can i import my new model file into the game with a texture? Or how can i export the new .x file with the texture attached from MAX? Many thanks.
Re: how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65852 is a reply to message #65851] Wed, 22 February 2012 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

You have to import the texture into textures.big, then in the tab that isn't the mesh preview tab, put the texture ID where it tells you to. Also, set your maxtexturelayers and if you want the item in question to have a metallic reflection, under spec map, put 26 for one that's just slightly done, 27 for one that's overdone and dulls some of the texture.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65853 is a reply to message #65852] Wed, 22 February 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for answering.
I did import the texture, but how do i preview it in the tab that you mentioned?
Re: how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65858 is a reply to message #65853] Thu, 23 February 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Double click the mesh entry. Rolling Eyes

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65859 is a reply to message #65858] Thu, 23 February 2012 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Finally i got it. Thank u veeeery much!
And could u please take a look at this problem as well?
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=65857& amp;#msg_65857
I ve tried many times but still cant work it out.
Re: how can i import a new model with texture? [message #65860 is a reply to message #65859] Fri, 24 February 2012 05:17 Go to previous message

Beats me. I don't know the first thing about 3DS. I use Blender.

Previous Topic: Alignment for Divine Wrath
Next Topic: questions about armor editing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 21:39:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00949 seconds