Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hero Bones swapping/ scaling
Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66033] Sat, 10 March 2012 06:49 Go to next message
Abopo is currently offline  Abopo

Waker of dead threads
Ive seen many threads about this but none answer my questions. Is it possible to alter the size of your hero by swapping bones with another character? Sorry if this is a really dumb question. Confused
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66034 is a reply to message #66033] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Yes it is. I believe that you can find what you need in the CHeroMorphDef of various creatures.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66035 is a reply to message #66034] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Would this have the same affect on clothing and hair as scaling would?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66036 is a reply to message #66035] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I doubt it. Frankly I only reccomend this method if you also intend to do a mesh swap.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66037 is a reply to message #66033] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Right a... mesh swap. Sorry im new to most aspects of moding fable, could you explain?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66038 is a reply to message #66037] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

When you change the appearance of an item or creature by giving it a different mesh ID(located outside of cdefs under the listing "graphic"), it's a mesh swap. In this instance I was referring to changing the hero's mesh to that of another character such as Thunder or Maze.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66039 is a reply to message #66038] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Oh, ok... i think i get what your saying but i just might make a fool of myself yet. Do you mean after switching the bones i should also switch models and mesh?

[Updated on: Sat, 10 March 2012 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66040 is a reply to message #66039] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm saying that it looks best when you swap the hero's bones for those of an NPC to just go for a complete character transformation.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66041 is a reply to message #66040] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
AS in swapping your heroes model with another?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66042 is a reply to message #66041] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66043 is a reply to message #66042] Sat, 10 March 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Oh, ok... thanks for all your help. when you say it looks best, are there problems with swapping only bones?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66044 is a reply to message #66043] Sat, 10 March 2012 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

When you give the hero's mesh an NPC's bones or vice-versa, things tend to get distorted. For example, this is what happens when you don't delete the hero's bones or change them, and you swap his mesh out for briar rose.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66195 is a reply to message #66033] Sat, 24 March 2012 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Is it possible to create your own bones?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66196 is a reply to message #66195] Sat, 24 March 2012 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It might be, but you'd have to create a whole new names.bin entry to link to them. I personally would just use morerunes' b-morph tool(found in the tools section) in order to customize existing ones.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66197 is a reply to message #66033] Sat, 24 March 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Is there a decent tutorial? Ive edited the bones but how do i put it in Fable explorer to swap it with my heroes bones?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66198 is a reply to message #66197] Sat, 24 March 2012 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Take the bone file you edited and replace the original with it in the bones folder in your fable directory. Wink

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66199 is a reply to message #66033] Sat, 24 March 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Waker of dead threads
Thanks it worked!...kinda.index.php?t=getfile&id=10593&private=0 i think ill be needing some practice though Rolling Eyes . Do you know of a tutorial to help with said practice?
Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66200 is a reply to message #66199] Sat, 24 March 2012 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This ought to help you out a little, though you'll likely still need to experiment to get a feel for the program.

Re: Hero Bones swapping/ scaling [message #66201 is a reply to message #66200] Sat, 24 March 2012 10:27 Go to previous message

Waker of dead threads
Mmk, thanks... now off to experiment!
Previous Topic: disappearing experience orbs
Next Topic: Weapon changing based on other factors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:38:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01310 seconds