Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help.
Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66113] Sat, 17 March 2012 11:09 Go to next message
AlexanderTheAlright is currently offline  AlexanderTheAlright
In my long absence from Fable modding, I can't remember how to get AlbionExplorer to work. Whn I open Albion Explorer it says "Unable to locate Fable Registry Information".

I'm now really getting back into mods again, so forgive me if I seem like a noob.
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66114 is a reply to message #66113] Sat, 17 March 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Hmm... Have you read the vista/7 primer?
I dunno if there's anything pertaining to this situation in there, but it's worth a look.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66116 is a reply to message #66113] Sat, 17 March 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had a look, But it doesn't help.

I'm now really getting back into mods again, so forgive me if I seem like a noob.
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66119 is a reply to message #66116] Sat, 17 March 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Beats me then. Are you running as an administrator? Did you use freeroam prior to running AE?

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66122 is a reply to message #66113] Sat, 17 March 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I ran it as an administrator. It might be where I save the AlbionExplorer.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 March 2012 14:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66123 is a reply to message #66122] Sat, 17 March 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
This happened to me as well. But this happened when the Steam version of Fable created a different registry. All i did was grab myself ShadowNet instead of FableExplorer,edit the config.xml with notepad, change "useregistry" to FALSE, and input my current install directory for Fable. Hope this helps!(P.S this only worked for me as i had the steam version, not sure if this works for you)

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66126 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not FableExplorer I'm having a problem with. It's AlbionExplorer. And I'm not using the Steam Version of Fable.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66131 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for double post but: I think I know what's wrong. When I download AlbionExplorer, Where do I save it to?

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66132 is a reply to message #66131] Sun, 18 March 2012 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Anywhere you have storage space. Rolling Eyes

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66133 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh. I thought you havd to save it somewhere specific.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66134 is a reply to message #66133] Sun, 18 March 2012 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Nope. The few times I've messed with it I crammed it in a seperate little subfolder of My Documents.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66135 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh. I still don't know why It won't work when I open it.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66136 is a reply to message #66135] Sun, 18 March 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I have been having the same problem. Albion Explorer, Shadownet, 24 trainer, shop trainer, freeroam app, and Chocolate box all fail. I just use Fable Explorer, freeroam fmp, and tng parser as less interesting alternatives.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 14:46]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66137 is a reply to message #66136] Sun, 18 March 2012 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, yeah you can always export the tngs with FE and edit them with notepad. It's maybe .5% harder than using AE? But it will only work if you haven't used the freeroam app.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 14:57]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66138 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you remind how that's done? I've forgotten.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 15:00]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66139 is a reply to message #66137] Sun, 18 March 2012 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Quote:

Oh, yeah you can always export the tngs with FE and edit them with notepad.

Why would you use notepad when there is a program made specifically to open and edit tngs? It is just less likely to mess up in tng parser than notepad. And easier to make new things.

Are you shpongled?
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66140 is a reply to message #66139] Sun, 18 March 2012 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OldBoy wrote on Sun, 01 April 2007 05:14

You can edit this file in AlbionExplorer or the TNGparser or notepad etc.

This suggests that they are all equally reliable. Also, notepad CAN'T screw it up as tngs are plaintext files in the first place so there's nothing new it has to add in other than whatever text you decide to write. Rolling Eyes

quote obtained from this thread.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 15:59]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66141 is a reply to message #66140] Sun, 18 March 2012 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I meant if you accidentally delete or overwrite something you needed. In notepad I always do this... Maybe I am just clumsy, maybe no one else has this problem. I was just stating that I find tng parser more helpful and understandable than notepad. To me, notepad is only good for copying and pasting multiple texts.

*cough cough* I am choking on my own hatred for time.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 17:36]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66142 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Install Fable in the default installation directory and it will work.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66144 is a reply to message #66113] Sun, 18 March 2012 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did that.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66150 is a reply to message #66144] Mon, 19 March 2012 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Wait, are you running a 64 bit version of Windows 7? If so then the default directory is automatically changed to C:\Program Files (x86)\etc\etc instead of the standard Program Files, which could be causing your problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 06:22]

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66151 is a reply to message #66113] Mon, 19 March 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fable's supposed to be in program files and not program files x86?

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66152 is a reply to message #66151] Mon, 19 March 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yep.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66153 is a reply to message #66113] Mon, 19 March 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And then AlbionExplorer should work?

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66158 is a reply to message #66153] Mon, 19 March 2012 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It OUGHT to, if it doesn't, I have no clue.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66159 is a reply to message #66113] Tue, 20 March 2012 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll try that then.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66160 is a reply to message #66113] Tue, 20 March 2012 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried it and it still didn't work.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66161 is a reply to message #66160] Tue, 20 March 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well crap. I'm outta ideas.

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66162 is a reply to message #66113] Tue, 20 March 2012 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried Chocolatebox but that dosn't work either!

Re: Albion Explorer Windows 7 Help. [message #66163 is a reply to message #66162] Tue, 20 March 2012 13:43 Go to previous message

I dunno then. I guess you should just get your finalalbion.wad back into place, set UseLevelWAD in userst.ini to TRUE, and export tngs with FE. Confused

Previous Topic: FableMod [Minecraft]
Next Topic: Goodbye, Peter Molyneux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:41:24 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01143 seconds