Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » How can i remove the collision of a object?
How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66208] Sun, 25 March 2012 11:26 Go to next message
TheresaFable2 is currently offline  TheresaFable2
Hi, i want to remove the collision of a object created by my. I don't know how can i remove the collision, but i think is in the CDefs.
Can anyone help me to remove the collision of an object?
Thanks.
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66209 is a reply to message #66208] Sun, 25 March 2012 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

If I'm right collision is detected in fable through helpers. For weapons the helpers are HPNT_WEAPON_POS_01 and the same only ending in 02. Find something like that through the object's .x file in notepad, and remove it, making sure to leave the appropriate amount of spaces between it and the next frame.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66210 is a reply to message #66209] Sun, 25 March 2012 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Quote:

If I'm right collision is detected in fable through helpers

That's not necessarily correct. Small items like apples and swords have a helper that defines it's 'counter rest' point for when it's in a shop. The item will sit on this point if it has no collision mesh. However, if it's a larger mesh it may have an actual collision mesh, in which case you need to edit the mesh entry with ChocolateBox and set the collision mesh to 0.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66213 is a reply to message #66210] Mon, 26 March 2012 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Sun, 25 March 2012 19:37

However, if it's a larger mesh it may have an actual collision mesh, in which case you need to edit the mesh entry with ChocolateBox and set the collision mesh to 0.

I made a fake water for Fable. Is a normal mesh. I don't put any helper in the mesh, because it acts as a simple object, for example an tree or other simple object.
That you say, is in there? (see the image) because i can't find any collision button or other thing that say collision.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2012 06:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66214 is a reply to message #66213] Mon, 26 March 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think he meant the physics. Since it doesn't have physics set in, and if it doesn't have certain helpers(keep in mind some are neccesary to have it show in game or to avoid a big crashsplosion), then it should have no collision.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66215 is a reply to message #66208] Mon, 26 March 2012 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The physics of a diferent object doesn't say anything of collision.
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66216 is a reply to message #66215] Mon, 26 March 2012 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No, it doesn't say that, but the physics mesh controls the collision.

Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66217 is a reply to message #66216] Mon, 26 March 2012 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

From the screenshot, it is apparent that there is no collision on it. You have nothing to worry about. Just put the resting helper down so that when you place the water it sits correctly

Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66221 is a reply to message #66217] Tue, 27 March 2012 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes wrote on Mon, 26 March 2012 19:25

Just put the resting helper down so that when you place the water it sits correctly

How i can put the resting helper? I don't understand the use of this helper. And, i need to make this helper?
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66227 is a reply to message #66221] Tue, 27 March 2012 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

HDMY_COUNTER_PLACEMENT is the name of the helper, and you want that helper to be on the bottom of your mesh, because the whole model will rest wherever you set it down on that point.

Take, for example, an apple mesh. If you have an apple mesh with the counter placement a foot below the apple, then when you place the apple in game you will find the apple floating a foot above the ground. Similarly, if your counter rest is above your object, then your object will sink into the ground.

Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #66232 is a reply to message #66208] Wed, 28 March 2012 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand. Where i can find this helper? I import the apple mesh to 3ds max (with help of milkshape) but i can't see any helper...
Re: How can i remove the collision of a object? [message #68286 is a reply to message #66208] Sat, 18 May 2013 00:31 Go to previous message
yangfeng is currently offline  yangfeng
If you have an apple mesh with the counter placement a foot below the apple, then when you place the apple in game you will find the apple floating a foot above the ground. Similarly, if your counter rest is above your object, then your object will sink into the ground.

____________________________________________________________ _________
You Are the One, I take a bubble
http://www.okdiablo3.com/News_List.php
Buy Runescape Gold
Buy RS Gold
Previous Topic: Hero Muscle Tone
Next Topic: Skinweighting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:48:57 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01017 seconds