Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield
TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #66308] Sat, 14 April 2012 16:53 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I got bored, decided to make this knowledge a little more widespread, because many people have downloaded my two shield color mods, but noone's made a different one since.

In SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE there are a bunch of definitions within the spell entry you have to edit to change the color. Each of these definitions has four different text boxes, with numbers within. The top one is the red coloring amount, the upper middle green, lower middle blue, and the bottom controls the opacity. Each one can be put anywhere from 0 to 255. Let's say you want a pure black aura. For that you go for the three colors as 0, and the opacity as 255. If you want a golden aura, go for 150 red, 150 green, and about 25 blue, with 255 opacity. Now here's the list of definitions in the spell instance entry that control color. B743F844, D12F1DD:Labeled as counter upper highlight, 9B22F6AA, 38B79234, the two definitions labeled as color end and color hit, and D61C5A6F. Those are your definitions in SPECIAL_ABILITIES_PHYSICAL_SHIELD_DEF_INSTANCE to edit. So go nuts.
EDIT: If a mod could move this tutorials should they find it worthy, I would be extremely grateful.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 April 2012 05:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #66541 is a reply to message #66308] Mon, 30 April 2012 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justadude5968 is currently offline  justadude5968
Thanks, this was helpful.

I was wondering if you know how to change the amount of mana enemys take away when they strike you. Right now I am invulnerable when I use physical shield. (yes i have searched, and yes I am new here.)
Any help would be appreciated.

Once upon a time, there lived a jolly old guildmaster...yeah I killed him.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #66543 is a reply to message #66541] Tue, 01 May 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't know honestly. I remember poking around to find that, but I have no clue how that turned out, and since I currently don't have Disc 1 of Fable, I can't take a look at it.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #66551 is a reply to message #66541] Tue, 01 May 2012 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justadude5968 is currently offline  justadude5968
Okay, i will keep looking.
Thanks anyways though Smile

Once upon a time, there lived a jolly old guildmaster...yeah I killed him.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #69874 is a reply to message #66308] Thu, 12 December 2013 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kusarihateru is currently offline  Kusarihateru
Sorry for bumping and old thread, but I would suggest against changing the values for D61C5A6F.

I followed this tutorial to create a black physical shield. However, once I made it black my manna wouldn't go down whenever I was hit by an enemy.

After messing around a bit I noticed that changing the values for D61C5A6F affected the amount of manna lost when getting hit. So if you end up having the same problem that I had you could try messing with D61C5A6F. In my case it worked.
Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #69881 is a reply to message #69874] Sun, 15 December 2013 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Excellent. Thank you for sharing this information. No need to apologize for bumping the thread, either. As long as you're contributing useful and relevant information, it's fine.

Re: TUTORIAL: How to change the color of physical shield [message #70835 is a reply to message #66308] Mon, 26 January 2015 13:04 Go to previous message
MadnessThunder is currently offline  MadnessThunder
I tried this and made sure I was changing the correct values but I crash when I try to load my save. I tried making the shield black by making all of the numbers 0 except for the last one which I made 255 but I crash. Anyone know how to fix this or what I was doing incorrectly?

EDIT: Nevermind, this is working still, somehow one of my mods uninstalled or something in one of my saves resulting in me crashing upon load up. Crying or Very Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2015 13:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Editing Unarmed Damage
Next Topic: Physical shield problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:28:35 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01042 seconds