Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Armor that protects against certain creatures
Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66364] Tue, 17 April 2012 02:24 Go to next message
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
So I got the idea when I looked at the suit description for will user's robes. It says in the description that it protects against magic. I call bullshit, but I could be wrong. That and the fact that 80% of the stuff in the game uses melee, 19% uses range, and 1% uses magic....

But is it possible to create armors that give resistance to certain creatures and/or weapons? And vice versa? Weapons good against summoners and whatnot...

Eg.

- Chain could give more resistance to melee than range.
- Armour that stops the hero from being knocked over
- Protection from trolls or summoners
- Anything else somebody might think of

Another, "I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be cool if it was" scenario...
Re: Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66367 is a reply to message #66364] Tue, 17 April 2012 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Nope, this ain't possible as far as I know.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66374 is a reply to message #66367] Tue, 17 April 2012 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You would have to give the armor a custom augmentation (which I don't think is possible)

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66378 is a reply to message #66374] Tue, 17 April 2012 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thanks. And just because I'm curious, do will robes actually give extra defense against magic, or is that complete bull?
Re: Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66381 is a reply to message #66378] Tue, 17 April 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

It could be that it does. If it does there's bound to be a cdef or something inside the object entry that could help find that. Then we could apply the concept to other armors and make new armors like magically resistant leather, chain, and plate. Heck, if I currently had a disk 1 for Fable I'd assist in making them even more unique. I figured out exactly how Marcopolo did glowing runes on armor, and I've been eager to try.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Armor that protects against certain creatures [message #66383 is a reply to message #66381] Tue, 17 April 2012 16:28 Go to previous message
Surprised

What happened to your discs? This is why I backed mine up Razz

I don't know how difficult it is to check what you say, but I don't mind checking up on it, if I knew how. Not sure what guide around here would help out with that, but if you link me to one, or tell me how I don't mind giving it a shot. It'd be a start...

If nothing else, I could edit the armor rating of something to be same as will robes, and attack a summoner with both, and compare the damage I take.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2012 16:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Jack of Blades Doll - a bonus
Next Topic: Bleach Anime idea.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:42:07 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01144 seconds