Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » Obsidian Longsword Retexture
Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66390] Wed, 18 April 2012 21:21 Go to next message
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
This is my first retexture, and after looking at the guide on how to do your own retexture, and seeing how incredibly simple it was to do, I decided to do one myself.

I decided to retexture the obsidian longsword as it just didn't look evil enough, and in the description it says it's for evil people or something like that...

I don't think it's too bad for a first, and I may retexture the other obsidian weapons if people like it, jsut wanted to start with one for now.

I simply brightened up the runic symbols and handle to make them more of a blood red colour. I wanted to give the symbols a bit of a glow too, but I'll figure that out later. It made me realize that even a retexture is a bit of work though - despite it's simplicity. I think this took me a good portion of an hour. Or maybe I'm just slow.

And incase you're colour blind...although if you were it'd be pointless to get retextures....left hand side shows before, right and shows after. I forgot to put that in on the image...but oh well.

And for people that don't know how to put it into FE and use it...

Look here.

Enjoy Smile

Then look here.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2012 23:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66397 is a reply to message #66390] Thu, 19 April 2012 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Looks good. I like how you brightened things up without taking away from the evil look of an obsidian weapon.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66399 is a reply to message #66397] Thu, 19 April 2012 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, thought it was pretty good for a first retexture. I'm gonna do the cutlass bluetane next, give it some runic symbols too, and maybe make it colour changing based on alignment if I can.
Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66400 is a reply to message #66399] Thu, 19 April 2012 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

To do the color changing based on alignment you'd have to add a CAppearanceModifierDef to it. I've tried something similar, but it failed rather miserably.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66401 is a reply to message #66400] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What went wrong with it? Could be it just doesn't work out for weapons and only for clothing I guess. Can't ask the guy who made the colour changing will robes cause he's long gone >.>
Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66404 is a reply to message #66401] Thu, 19 April 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No, but there is a discussion on the matter in the thread I believe. My test was in adding a CAppearanceModifierDef and giving a boost to morality. It could be that I set the number astronomically high, I'm not sure, my memory of that experiment is fuzzy at best. Go ahead and try if you want, just be sure to have backups on hand. Or, just be ready to remove the CAppearanceModifierDef from the weapon. Wink

Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66406 is a reply to message #66404] Thu, 19 April 2012 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I think you need to re-load your game as well

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Obsidian Longsword Retexture [message #66407 is a reply to message #66406] Thu, 19 April 2012 17:41 Go to previous message
Thanks for the advice, I might work on that after I finish my current retexture, which is being close to finished Smile

EDIT: No. It's screwed. Ditched it. I sad.

[Updated on: Thu, 19 April 2012 19:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: First Retexture - Bright Leather Retexture
Next Topic: The Katana Hiryu Retexture
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:45:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01374 seconds