Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » How to change textures based on alignment
How to change textures based on alignment [message #66391] Thu, 19 April 2012 00:26
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
So I have an idea for my next retexture, which I got from the colour changing will robes...but I don't quite understand how it's done. I did a search, and looked through the tutorials but came up with nothing.

I read how the guy did it for the will robes.

driftking7050 wrote on Sat, 14 June 2008 04:57

Sure
For the different suits i copied the headers and data for each piece of mesh. Then i went in to items and got the different textures. Made new meshes and added the textures. Went to regular willrobe and added the different entries and linked them to different levels of evil and good.

So I want to be clear on how it's done before I start in on it (tomorrow hopefully Very Happy )

So what he did was, he went into the other suits he wanted the textures from, and went into headers and data, and copied it. But which parts?

I assume if I create my own textures for different alignments, I'd just get headers and data from those after putting them into FE.

Once I know that, that part is relatively simple (I hope).

After that, the second part. Added the different entries where? And how? There's a tutorial for adding new entries I'm pretty sure (I didn't think about that at the time of the post, but that still leaves the rest), but how is it linked between good and evil, and in what way? Is there a maximum amount of different textures I can have, because I have quite a few in mind, with some solid ideas.

And I also need to know the minimum and maximum alignments. Minimum being evil, and maximum being good, zero being neutral obviously. I tried googling that, but I didn't get anything from it.

So a lot I need to know, and sorry if some is this is around the site, I just didn't manage to find any of it. (Although at the time of making this thread I was just thinking about headers and data). I'd appreciate any info or links given, and hopefully I can start my mini-project (if things look the way they do in my mind, it will look awesome) and finish it in a weeks time max, if I go at my own pace.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Weapon changing based on other factors
Next Topic: Throwing objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:25:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01495 seconds