Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » The Katana Hiryu Retexture
The Katana Hiryu Retexture [message #66408] Thu, 19 April 2012 23:44 Go to next message
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
So I was gonna do a retexture for bluetane for my second piece of work. I noticed some runic symbols on bluetane that I'd never seen before, because they're almost the same colour as the sword, but when you load it up on photoshop, you really notice it. Wanted to a massive retexture on it, but it wouldn't work. But I still had the runic symbols on a seperate layer....so I dragged them onto The Katana Hiryu, moved 'em around a bit, and recoloured...and here we are. I'm pretty impressed with it since it's only on my second. I decided on Hiryu because I felt like something was missing from the blade, and it's a powerful weapon that I personally use a lot, sometimes even over Aeons or Avo's Tear.

I've also included a photoshop file that has the layers unmerged. This means if people don't like the colour, they can download that, and change the colours of the runic symbols very easily, without having to get them with the lassoo or anything like that. It's a photoshop file, because I'm not sure if saving it as another type will keep the layers or not - if it doesn't open in other image editing programs, or you'd like it in another format, let me know, and I will change and upload.

If you want to recolour the purple on the hilt however, you will need to select it yourself. EDIT: Since I've done some recolours including hilt, the two parts of the hilt are found in seperate layers. Even easier for you lazy people!

If you don't want to recolour it - don't bother with it. You do not need it to use the retexture.

Oh, and I originally had the retexture for the sword from here. So credit to Jalex for the original retexture.

I used that as my base, so credit jalex for that, since I based the runic symbol colours of off it. Sorry if it's not an absolute perfect match - I tried my best, but in game it looks so much better than you see if you load it up in photoshop.

And for people that don't know how to put it into FE and use it...

Look here.

Enjoy.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 April 2012 18:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Katana Hiryu Retexture [message #66411 is a reply to message #66408] Fri, 20 April 2012 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I like it. Good variation of Jalex's work. Just to ask though, did you get his permission first? Confused

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: The Katana Hiryu Retexture [message #66412 is a reply to message #66411] Fri, 20 April 2012 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a good point.
I think in one of his retextures he said anyone could use them, provided credit was given, I'll check on that later.

Also, he hasn't been on in almost a month, so I doubt I'd get a reply.

Also edited first post to specifically name him in the credit I gave.

On another note, I'm going to do a quick recolour for a blue and red version, including hilt for lazy people who find it a little to pinkish.

EDIT: Here we go! I've done three recolours including the hilt.
Red/crimson, blue and black. I will attach the bigs for merging in next post due to the three file limit per post.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 April 2012 19:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Katana Hiryu Retexture [message #66416 is a reply to message #66408] Fri, 20 April 2012 19:15 Go to previous message
And here are the bigs. Just normal merge with texture big, save and run fable. If you want more details than that, use the link in my first post.

Also note I took off the easy recolour photoshop file and replaced it with one that has seperate layers for the hilt colours. Same name. Different file.
Previous Topic: Obsidian Longsword Retexture
Next Topic: Snowspire Guard Suit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:25:10 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01207 seconds