Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » make unbuyable houses buyable
make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66417] Fri, 20 April 2012 20:34 Go to next message
nathangibbs is currently offline  nathangibbs
Is there a way to make some of the unbuyable houses buyable? I'm that completionist sort of person that likes to murder everyone, buy all their houses, rent them to them, collect the rent and buy the houses in other towns with the rent money.

But some houses can not be bought.

In BS South, you can not buy the daycare centre.
In BS North, you can not buy the manor (for obvious reasons, but still - I wanna buy it anyway Razz )
In Oakvale you can not buy the house/shack on the beach.
In Knothole Glade you can not buy one of the houses used for storage - you can buy all of them in other towns though.
At the Hook Coast, you can not buy the lighthouse.

Is there any way to make these houses buyable, and if so, could someone please create an fmp where they are?

[Updated on: Fri, 20 April 2012 21:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66418 is a reply to message #66417] Fri, 20 April 2012 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

If you want to make the house let you have a wife, look here:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6954& ;start=0&

If you just want to own all the houses/shops, or at least most of them, go into the script for each building and change:
OwnedByPlayer FALSE;

to

OwnedByPlayer TRUE;

I don't remember if i tried the lighthouse or the OV beach shack, I did change the storage house in KHG to a marriage house. I link to the tngs with each region having a second marriage house lower down in that thread so you can check it out.

This covers most of what you asked about, and gives enough info to get you started on scripting the houses that I didn't do anything with. I think.

Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66421 is a reply to message #66418] Sat, 21 April 2012 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks I appreciate it very much.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 April 2012 02:04]

Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66425 is a reply to message #66421] Sat, 21 April 2012 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

For most houses you can also just kill its owners, at which point you can buy it.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66432 is a reply to message #66425] Sat, 21 April 2012 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know, that's what I mostly do, but the houses/buildings I mentioned in the first post listed ones that nobody seems to own, or you can't kill the owner. I own all the houses right now. Except the ones I listed.
Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66433 is a reply to message #66432] Sat, 21 April 2012 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Ohhh... Okay. My bad.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66456 is a reply to message #66433] Mon, 23 April 2012 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, so I went into the BS North tng file, edited the manor to make it owned by player. It worked. Now I own it. But is there a way to make a for sale sign come up so I can rent it out. And if I can...if I sold it, would I be able to buy it back?

Ok, so now I found:

Rented FALSE;

I assume changing that to true will make it rented. But where is the money gonna come up....there's no sign.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 April 2012 22:10]

Re: make unbuyable houses buyable [message #66467 is a reply to message #66456] Tue, 24 April 2012 13:33 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Spawn a signpost like this:
DefinitionType "MARKER_BUYABLE_HOUSE_MAIN_SIGNPOST";
by copying another one and giving it a new UID and coordinates. In that script for the signpost, try putting the UID of the Manor in this UID line:
VersionNumber 1;
OwnerUID 18446741874686301597;
EndCTCOwnedEntity;

I'm not sure that will work, it's been a while since I messed with scripts, and I can't remember if I got it to work for the school like that or not.
The location of the signpost doesn't matter, as long as you can get to it to pick up money bags.

Previous Topic: Bleach Anime idea.
Next Topic: Optional way to end Lady Gray
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:49:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01247 seconds