Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th]  () 4 Votes
Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #66423] Sat, 21 April 2012 05:50 Go to next message
OogaBoogaBooga

New Name![ 48 votes ]
1. "Fable: TLC Remastered" 18 / 38%
2. Keep it as "Fable: TLC Anniversary" 30 / 63%
3. Other (please specify in a reply) 0 / 0%

Fable: TLC Anniversary
Fable has been around for almost seven years now. On Fable's seventh anniversary of this year, I will release my remastered version of the game. You'll see much better graphics, music, and videos. This is a very large change to the game that changes... well... everything. Every object, cloud, blade of grass, and even smoke- will look more modern and beautiful. Fable: Anniversary is a new world, inside the same one you already know (cheesy, but it's a good way to describe it).
Splash image:
index.php?t=getfile&id=10633&private=0

Lots of progress has been made since the last screenshot.
Before you freak out on me and ask "Why the hell does it look so BLOTCHY"... let me explain Razz
Me and a very good (and thankfully way smarter than me) friend of mine have spent about a month breaking down a program called Open Sauce. We've adapted the program to modify Fable: TLC. It's.. tough. To say the least. I'm having troubles improving the lighting. Basically, to keep it in simple words... I'm having a hard time getting the light to stick to surfaces right and everything looks like this Razz. Next previews will be coming in a few weeks and by then it SHOULD be resolved. Been working hard, can't wait to show it off Very Happy
Right click on the image in the spoiler and select "View Image" to see it better. It's pretty big.

Screenshots really don't do much justice, either. My computer isn't quite the fastest one out there. Most of you will get way more out of it.

Please, any feedback is great. Your opinion is needed! Very Happy

Also, beta testers (five, to be exact) would be highly appreciated. A beta will be ready around August.

Details on how I've done what I've done will be revealed after release Very Happy
OPEN SAUCE DEMONSTRATION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL-xWbwbq14 Open Sauce is a program made to modify Halo: Custom Edition on PC. Re-writing it to modify Fable is freaking HARD. I applaud Sean for being able to do it, thanks to him, this is all possible!

UPDATE, JUNE 18::

Got some sad-ish news. [No, it's not cancelled. Don't freak out.] Due to some difficulties, setbacks, a funeral, and several distractions, Fable: TLC Anniversary will be pushed back one month (POSSIBLY two), making the new release date in October. Which most likely means the beta won't be ready until September. This ALSO means the name probably won't be "Fable: Anniversary", it will more than likely be "Fable: Remastered".
Bottom line, there's simply not enough time for me to have it finished by September.

Don't be upset though! This all means you'll see THAT much more production value. AND, to make up for it, I've uploaded a little sample of the new soundtrack. We have the full song recorded but what I've uploaded is just a little concept "taste" of what kind of new sounds you can expect Cool (mind the hiccups in the sound. That was just a mistake we made recording it)

We'll also have a website for the mod after the release. Because there WILL be regular updates.

Thanks for all the support and feedback, again. I know many are looking forward to this, and I know some are a little skeptical about it. But trust me, lots of work and love being put into this ^^
Soundtrack Samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl4kNIk2iBA
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwxTnB_LTM&feature=chann el&list=UL
AAAND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvVDVhEgYU
More songs from the soundtrack are going to be uploaded on that channel so watch out. Also some gameplay shots will be added sometime before release.
Thanks a million to Over The Top Music for writing a soundtrack for this and being a big part of the project!

Fable: Genesis
Yes, in progress. This will be released shortly after Anniversary as an optional expansion on gameplay.
Fable: Genesis adds a very in-dept back story about where heroes first originated and how they came to be as legendary as they are. There are "new" (not new... hard to explain) cutscenes, new voice acting, new music (it's original Very Happy), new weapons, armor, smarter enemies and tougher monsters, and looooong yet epic boss battles. Bosses have been spiced up and given steroids. Expect even the Hornet Queen battle to be three times harder.
The whole point of this mod will be to expand on the story and make the game feel much harder and fast paced.

UPDATE:: July 12th
Good news this time!
Lots of screenshots (and MAYBE gameplay videos) coming mid-August! Beta will be released in late September and will last about two or three weeks. Then the full release will be out in late October or early November.
My progress in development right now is mainly focused on sound. Almost all the textures are done and the lighting system is...pretty, to say the least. But it's not quite stable and still buggy. I'm not 100% Positive it will be incorporated in the release.
Also, I'm planning on changing the name. Since the release will no longer be on Fable's 7th anniversary. I've started a poll...please vote!
Thanks for all the support guys! You won't be disappointed!

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Thu, 02 August 2012 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66424 is a reply to message #66423] Sat, 21 April 2012 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Wow... the graphics look MUCH better. Excellent work.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66427 is a reply to message #66424] Sat, 21 April 2012 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

That's cool, but the screenshot really just looks like you ran a sharpen filter over the screenshot Wink

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66429 is a reply to message #66427] Sat, 21 April 2012 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
I know it does Razz You'll see, though.
People will have their speculations. A lot of this has ever been done before with the game.
And admittedly, it's a screenshot of a video from two weeks ago. I had to tweak the graphics down (as you can tell with the cliffs in the background) so I could even record the video smoothly, since my graphics card isn't QUITE top notch. So I had to sharpen it some to bring it back up to.... "full power"... for lack of better words. If that makes sense.
....just bringing an end to that right now Razz

Thanks for the feedback

Fable: TLC Remastered.... http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9185& ; ; ;start=0&... October, 2012 :D

[Updated on: Sat, 21 April 2012 09:32]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66431 is a reply to message #66429] Sat, 21 April 2012 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I can't wait Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66436 is a reply to message #66423] Sun, 22 April 2012 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sakn is currently offline  sakn
Can't wait until this comes out!
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66510 is a reply to message #66423] Sat, 28 April 2012 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thowcord is currently offline  Thowcord
Wow when I saw this I thought I was looking at a different game. nice job! Very Happy

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66726 is a reply to message #66510] Tue, 29 May 2012 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Thanks Very Happy
Here's a little update:: I added a new screenshot to the top post. It's a huge jump from the last one. As you can see, I removed the god awful blur and replaced it with some... experimental lighting.
I'm having a lot of troubles with it. Fable does NOT like it when you mess with the graphics to this degree. But don't freak out, it'll be resolved. Pretty close to figuring this out.

Not all the textures have been changed yet, unfortunately. Once I'm done with the lighting situation, I'll finish up the textures.
I actually had to revert a lot of the textures back to their defaults in order to test out the lighting and stuff.

Also! All the new music, audio, and video has been recorded and edited. In one month I'll begin applying it in-game.

So for those of you who care, in about one more month the mod will be in the home stretch of development: finishing up the textures and then just polish, polish, polish until it's perfect. THEN... beta.... release Smile

Thanks for the support and good feedback! This is a pain in the ass but it's worth it.

I promise the next screenshot will be a lot less.... weird

[Updated on: Tue, 29 May 2012 22:24]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66736 is a reply to message #66423] Fri, 01 June 2012 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tion Blaze is currently offline  Tion Blaze
Looks sick it's going to be AMAZING can't wait! Brilliant job looks much better!! Shocked

Check out My Blog:
fablemodding.blogspot.com/
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66833 is a reply to message #66736] Tue, 12 June 2012 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohndogg1 is currently offline  Rohndogg1
I'd be happy to beta test this for you when you're ready for the beta release. Very Happy
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #66857 is a reply to message #66833] Mon, 18 June 2012 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
UPDATE, JUNE 18::

Got some sad-ish news. [No, it's not cancelled. Don't freak out.] Due to some difficulties, setbacks, a funeral, and several distractions, Fable: TLC Anniversary will be pushed back one month (POSSIBLY two), making the new release date in October. Which most likely means the beta won't be ready until September. This ALSO means the name probably won't be "Fable: Anniversary", it will more than likely be "Fable: Remastered".
Bottom line, there's simply not enough time for me to have it finished by September.

Don't be upset though! This all means you'll see THAT much more production value. AND, to make up for it, I've uploaded a little sample of the new soundtrack to the top post. We have the full song recorded but what I've uploaded is just a little concept "taste" of what kind of new sounds you can expect Cool

We'll also have a website for the mod after the release. Because there WILL be regular updates.

Thanks for all the support and feedback, again. I know many are looking forward to this, and I know some are a little skeptical about it. But trust me, lots of work and love being put into this ^^

Peace!

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #67038 is a reply to message #66857] Sun, 22 July 2012 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neilsugg is currently offline  neilsugg
Hi I've been following you for awhile, I'm really excited for this! I had a question. I know your already doing so much, if it's not to complicated could you some how implement a system to dye clothes like in the later fable games. I'm sure it's complicated and time consuming, if not that's fine. It's just a feature I would love to have so bad in the old and best fable game! Smile I can't wait for you to finish! Good luck!

[Updated on: Sun, 22 July 2012 05:53]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #67039 is a reply to message #67038] Sun, 22 July 2012 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
I can't do that.. don't think it's possible, atleast for me. But you CAN expect to see more variations of each set of armor/clothes. So you'll have a better selection of colors and looks (also armor rating changes). Which that was a simple thing to do.

i.e: Originally, there are Bright/Good, Neutral, and Dark/Evil variations of armor.
So, (these ONLY go for the Platemail), there is now Bright Plate, Neutral Plate, Dark Plate, Will Plate, Judgement Plate, and Diamond Plate [no, I'm not including Archon's armor]. Which, all the new ones are hidden around Albion to find.
All the new variations are different for all the clothing sets.
All are subject to change right now.

Thanks for the feedback! Very Happy Hope this makes up for the dye

[Updated on: Sun, 22 July 2012 17:19]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #67041 is a reply to message #67039] Sun, 22 July 2012 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes that's amazing idea! You're amazing! Very Happy I have my fingers crossed for this! I know it'll be amazing. I don't wanna spoil it, but I wanted to ask. Those armors and I'm sure, Weapons that are hidden around Albion, are they gonna be in silver key chest or dig spots or what? If i was a cat i would be dead. Ha also this is a really selfish question:P yesterday was my birthday, I just turned 20 could you name a sword or armor piece after me? Razz itd really make me happy. Doesn't have to be anything good and could have a stupid description on it, it's just be so awesome Razz or maybe a villager. Idk I have no idea how Hard that would be or if you're willing but gosh. It'd make me so happy to find me or something with my name:D my names Neil steven smith. Sorry to be asking so much of you, but I could give you more info for it to really be me. if your willing. You'd make my life complete Smile seriously.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 July 2012 16:30]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #67043 is a reply to message #67041] Sun, 22 July 2012 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
Haha! Don't worry about spoiling anything, it's about time I give up a little information.
Weaker items will be in normal chests (hidden well), and more powerful or valuable items will be in silver key chests (hidden better).
Also, happy birthday Razz sure, PM me or something and let me know what you want; what kind of item(s), name, description, maybe even how you want it to look.

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [message #67045 is a reply to message #67043] Sun, 22 July 2012 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did. Thank you so much! I wanna cry X)
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67080 is a reply to message #66423] Fri, 27 July 2012 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzyboy is currently offline  Jazzyboy
This looks awesome.

You should contact Kornman, Kirby, ChokingVictim, or another close developer to OpenSauce. OpenSauce is a really great addon.

Have you got normal map support and dynamic shadows working in Fable?

By the way, incase you're still having trouble with the lighting system, you should contact Kornman or ChokingVictim. They did kind of get first-hand experience DEVELOPING OpenSauce's lighting system, so they're the best people to speak to. Wink
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67083 is a reply to message #67080] Fri, 27 July 2012 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OogaBoogaBooga
You know what, that's a good idea. Because two weeks ago I scratched the new lighting and got rid of it because it wasn't working right. I'll see if they have any advice
Thanks for the info. Very Happy

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67085 is a reply to message #66423] Fri, 27 July 2012 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jazzyboy is currently offline  Jazzyboy
If you can't get a hold of them indirectly, here's Kornman's email address according to the google code page:
kornman00@gmail.com

And TheFieryScythe, another developer's email too:
TheFieryScythe@gmail.com

You could also try contacting them through Kornman's own Halo-based OS thread:
http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/topic/6-open-sauce-ha lo-custom-edition/

If you still can't get a hold of them, try contacting either the project leader of CMT, which is very close to Kornman, or the former CMT project leader.
Teh Lag(Current Project Leader): http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/user/3-teh-lag/

Masterz1337(Former Project Leader): http://www.halomods.com/ips/index.php?/user/299-masterz1337/
Tell them about your issue and they'll likely refer you to one of the OS experts. It's unfortunate that the OS experts are so inactive that I have to provide you with this alternative, but I'm sure it's worth it. Wink
icon10.gif  Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67098 is a reply to message #66423] Mon, 30 July 2012 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H34RTL355 is currently offline  H34RTL355
This sounds like it is going to be epic Very Happy
will keep my eye on this, also wouldnt mind being part of the beta Smile
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67237 is a reply to message #66423] Thu, 23 August 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watermelnz is currently offline  watermelnz
Hey, ive been a lurker for a long time, but i finally signed up a few days ago because i wanted to express my gratitude towards you. Im so glad that your willing to put so much effort into something to make a small amount of people happy. Fable was the defining game of my childhood, and you are bringing it back for me. i am very appreciative, and if you need anything, you can pm me and ill give you my email address.

Also, if you have room, i would be happy to beta test. Smile
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67274 is a reply to message #66423] Tue, 28 August 2012 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumrush is currently offline  Bumrush
Hi. I actually bookmarked this and have been checking it often for updates. I love Fable and always have, and having seen something like this made me dig up my copy of TLC just to replay it Razz . I am extremely excited to see this happen, and I would LOVE to help with the beta. Send me a PM if I can assist in any way. Thanks!
icon10.gif  Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67282 is a reply to message #66423] Thu, 30 August 2012 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheese100 is currently offline  Cheese100
Shocked Ive always loved fable tlc its the best rpg ever thanks sooo much for doing this i would LOVE to beta test! im just here for this post!

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2012 12:56]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67283 is a reply to message #66423] Thu, 30 August 2012 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheese100 is currently offline  Cheese100
Have you told microsft or lionhead your doing this?!
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67285 is a reply to message #67283] Thu, 30 August 2012 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Doubt they care Confused .

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2012 18:50]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67291 is a reply to message #66423] Wed, 05 September 2012 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
infoleather is currently offline  infoleather
I love the fables always have to see this thing, I dug my copy of TLC replay...
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67455 is a reply to message #66423] Tue, 16 October 2012 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pachinko is currently offline  pachinko
Hi OogaBoogaBooga I've been following this poast from the beginning and I made an account just to tell you I think you're doing something fantastic.

Fable TLC is one of my favorite games and I seriously CANNOT WAIT for the next update so c'mon man were is it?

I've always wanted to do something like this but I just don't know how and if I did Fable TLC would be the first game I chose.

So yeah, thanks for everything you're doing and we all need another update.
____________________________________________________________ ____

And if I was being a critic the screenie's look like you ran a
sharpen filter over them.

Also, from what I've seen you need to name something pachinko Rolling Eyes

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67498 is a reply to message #66423] Mon, 29 October 2012 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XxJ0K3RxX10 is currently offline  XxJ0K3RxX10
Is this done?

"As I walk through the valley, with the shadow of death.
I wear my crown of thorns, and pull the knife out my chest.
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67499 is a reply to message #67498] Tue, 30 October 2012 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
Most likely not and I am a bit worried.
OogaBoogaBooga's Profile
Last Message: Thu, 02 August 2012 20:00

Best wishes to OogaBoogaBooga
every one please agree....
Please come back with or without your mod... we miss you.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2012 01:25]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67501 is a reply to message #67499] Tue, 30 October 2012 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
H34RTL355 is currently offline  H34RTL355
i agree Sativarg
it has been a while since i've seen anything.....
maybe he just hasn't had much time to jump on here, or he is working away on this and is leaving us in suspense >.<

hopefully he comes back soon Very Happy
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67503 is a reply to message #67501] Tue, 30 October 2012 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We can but hope and wish OogaBoogaBooga the best.
thanks and Kudos for your reply
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67504 is a reply to message #67503] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
XxJ0K3RxX10 is currently offline  XxJ0K3RxX10
Man, that sucks. I figured out about this 2 days ago and I thought it was a good idea.

"As I walk through the valley, with the shadow of death.
I wear my crown of thorns, and pull the knife out my chest.
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67505 is a reply to message #67504] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree. Having a nasty deadline hanging over us that threatens to alienate a member from a community really sucks. I vote the deadline be dead. Long live the artist.

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2012 16:49]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67506 is a reply to message #66423] Tue, 30 October 2012 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UnKnown is currently offline  UnKnown
Hello I have been modding in fable for a weeko now and I have dowloaded many of you're mods but this mod looks like it gonna blow away all other mods you created. I really look forward to it. If you needsomeone to test you're beta then I will gladly accept Smile

Made in China
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67507 is a reply to message #67506] Tue, 30 October 2012 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumrush is currently offline  Bumrush
Absolutely. Something like this shouldn't have that much pressure to get it done, haste will just detract from the quality. I too vote the deadline to be dead.
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67551 is a reply to message #66423] Thu, 08 November 2012 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacktimes is currently offline  Blacktimes
omg *_* pls finish this mod Very Happy its looks sooo awesome Shocked
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67617 is a reply to message #67499] Mon, 19 November 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
How awkward would this be if he was dead?

Are you shpongled?
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67618 is a reply to message #67617] Mon, 19 November 2012 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How would any of us ever know?
Sadness.... Crying or Very Sad
Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67633 is a reply to message #66423] Tue, 20 November 2012 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Extremely lame poetry made in 2 mins

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 May 2013 20:55]

Re: Fable: TLC Anniversary [UPDATED July 12th] [message #67692 is a reply to message #67633] Thu, 29 November 2012 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bd03 is currently offline  bd03
so whats going on here?! I'm dying to see this finish up!
Previous Topic: Hollow Hero
Next Topic: Blood soaked Fable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:21:03 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01409 seconds