Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Problem with Jack Of Blades mask
icon4.gif  Problem with Jack Of Blades mask [message #66434] Sat, 21 April 2012 23:07 Go to next message
Outback Jello is currently offline  Outback Jello
I don't know how many times I have uninstalled/reinstalled Fable tonight. I even deleted a file that I worked for 2 hours on today just to fix the problem and that didn't even work. Basically I was trying to edit the properties of OBJECT_HERO_HAT_JOB_MASK to be removable and then applied the properties and FE crashed. So I restarted it and this happened.

TL;DR: I broke my JOB Mask somehow and need help fixing it
Re: Problem with Jack Of Blades mask [message #66443 is a reply to message #66434] Sun, 22 April 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You might try applying the fmp in this thread:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6172& ;start=0&

It will make the mask removable, and possibly fix your problem.

Re: Problem with Jack Of Blades mask [message #66445 is a reply to message #66443] Sun, 22 April 2012 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already tried using that fmp (the exact same one) but it messed up after me trying to mess with the properties before I tried installing that. It made it's own tree position at the top after I messed with the properties and then I tried doing that fmp cause I didn't even know it happened yet so it didn't work. I have uninstalled Fable Explorer, even Albion Explorer just to see if that would help but it didn't, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled Fable maybe 2 or 3 times. Deleted my profile from My Documents\My Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\Saves and that didn't even work. Would I be able to install a new fmp that creates another jack of blades mask with a different name and use that? Also, I'm having yet another problem with fable explorer. I tried editing the GuildExterior.tng from FinalAlbion.wad, I exported the tng to my desktop and added this under XXXSectionStart NULL;

Toggle Spoiler

and then Fable Explorer gives me this error:

Re: Problem with Jack Of Blades mask [message #66446 is a reply to message #66445] Sun, 22 April 2012 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I just click continue when I get that error and it hasn't been a problem for me, it may be for you, but try ignoring it and playing.
The barrel script is good, I tried it and had no problem. I didn't use FE to try it though, I just manually added it to the tng in my levels folder.
I don't feel like that was real helpful, but there it is, lol.

Btw, if you use Vista or Win7, try deleting your Virtual Store when you reinstall or use your original back-ups.
If you didn't make original back-ups, look in my sig and read the stuff in the second set of spoiler tags.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 April 2012 20:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Jack Of Blades mask [message #66447 is a reply to message #66446] Sun, 22 April 2012 21:04 Go to previous message
Yeah when I click continue though, it just does nothing and doesn't try to load Fable so I try loading Fable normally and it doesn't create a barrel in front of the guild doors.. I tried doing the FreeRoam app so it would dump the levels but it never worked and I don't know why. So in other words, I have to use Fable Explorer to update my tng's. I don't know why I am having so much trouble with this.. I used to mod Fable all the time but recently got back into Fable cause I moved and lost my discs for it so I went out and bought a new copy of it. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with 3 gigs of RAM, an AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62 2.00 GHz processor, and an nVidia GeForce 8200 M G graphics driver if that makes any differences.

EDIT: I got the barrel script to work finally for some odd reason it just randomly started letting me edit the tng's again. Now my only problem is that god forsaken mask and I know if I defeat Jack I'm going to have to throw it away because whenever I try to spawn one, I go to break the chest and the whole game crashes.

EDIT 2: Still not fixed; still need help fixing mask if anyone has help to give

[Updated on: Thu, 26 April 2012 17:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Iron fist challenge issue
Next Topic: Fable Tattoos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 00:58:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00795 seconds