Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » [WIP] - Fable SDK  () 1 Vote
[WIP] - Fable SDK [message #66480] Fri, 27 April 2012 06:25 Go to next message
EternalNoob
Fable SDK

The project has evolved since it's creation from a simple hack, to an SDK for mod development. (This change allows for all the features the original would have granted us, and more.)

Features

The core of this tool is a custom scripting interface using the .Net Framework to power it. (Many games use LUA\Python, etc,. I've chosen .Net because it's powerful, and flexible, for example, while I advocate C#, you could easily use VB.Net to develop plugins, in fact, all .Net languages should be compatible.)

This also gives us access to a powerful IDE, ie, development environment, which features syntax highlighting, intellisense, and a very good compiler, which, of course means, it handles all the parsing, interpreting, etc,. (This stuff is insanely hard to implement yourself, choosing .Net, was wise, it cut months\years off the development of this project.)

Languages, and IDE's aside, I've begun to unlock many features of the game that we've never had access to before, and given you the power to create mods using them.

Game Features

Walk Patch:

This simply overwrites the jogging animation, with the walk animation, allowing you to walk instead of jogging all the time. (This is disabled by default, and can be enabled via an .ini file.)

I've also added the ability to modify your inventory hotkeys(quick keys), this was originally a feature of my Hotkey Trainer, it's now unlocked, and can be used freely in scripts, you can create your own custom hotkey setups, in a variety of ways.

I've also unlocked some player variables for modification:

Health
Max Health
Will
Max Will
Gold
Renown
Morality (Next release.)

I've added an XML Serializer\Deserializer, it can save any formed data to an XML file, in a single line of code, with no real work on your part. (Reading it back in, is just as easy. So, you can save the state of your mod quite easily.)

The included example plugins demonstrate how to query key presses, which could allow for untold amounts of new features to be created.

I've started adding in some hacking tools, basically, they let you access various game systems variables.

Example:

int gold = Hacking.GetInt(Hacking.PTR_CTCHeroStats, 0x3C);

In short, if I can't decode some variable, and some day you do, you can write a function to modify it, and use it in a script.

int PlayerGetGold()
{
    return Hacking.GetInt(Hacking.PTR_CTCHeroStats, 0x3C);
}

void PlayerSetGold(int value)
{
    Hacking.SeInt(Hacking.PTR_CTCHeroStats, 0x3C, value);
}

You could also do this in a property, which should allow for editing similar to what I offer through the SDK.

public int PlayerGold
{
    get { return Hacking.GetInt(Hacking.PTR_CTCHeroStats, 0x3C); }
    set { Hacking.SetInt(Hacking.PTR_CTCHeroStats, 0x3C, value); }
}

Note: This example uses the syntax from the next release, use "GetUInt32" in the current release in place of "GetInt", same for the set command.

Requirements

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtimes (MSVC++) 2010
2. Microsoft .Net Framework v4
3. Developers Only: Visual C# (Or, VB.Net, etc,.)

Note: Visual C# will install all the necessary files for you.

Installation

Place all the files\folders(except the examples folder) in the attached .zip file into your Fable install directory.

Usage

After installing the Fable SDK you must launch Fable with the "Injector.exe" in order to use plugins, this will take care of everything else for you.

(The 'scripts' folder has an example plugin in it, and this will affect your game, you can remove\delete the example plugin to remove it's effects, or simply launch the game normally.)

Known Issues

1. Hotkey items are normally only assignable via the games menu system, meaning, you can't assign items you don't possess, this isn't true for my hotkey functions, you can assign any items, at any time, which leads to minor graphical issues when the game tries to display items you couldn't normally have assigned. (I'll create some additional functions to check for the presence of the items, once I decode the inventory data.)

2. The OnCast event fires on things it shouldn't. (Drinking beer, for example.) -Fixed in the next release.

3. A number of player variables were using UInt32, making knowledge of hex necessary to make certain edits. -Fixed in the next release. (I use 'int' now, which anyone can edit, assuming they understand numbers. Razz)

Other Stuff

The included examples should serve as a guide for creating plugins, as well as demonstrating some of the current possibilities. (I'll add more example scripts over time, demonstrating the various capabilities of the SDK.)

You can view the script files in the examples folder with Notepad, the files using the .cs extension, are the script files.

I plan on re-branding everything at some point, this project is based on a generic hacking lib that I've created, thus, it has names like hack.dll, hacknet.dll, Injector.exe, etc,. (I will likely use FableSDK.dll, FableSDKNet.dll, Launcher.exe, etc,. Renaming them yourself is ill advised, ie, don't, it will likely break something.)
  • Attachment: FableSDK.zip
    (Size: 66.30KB, Downloaded 819 times)

Whether you think you can, or can't, you're right.

[Updated on: Sat, 09 June 2012 10:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66481 is a reply to message #66480] Fri, 27 April 2012 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Might I make a suggestion? If you record a video of the hacks in action, you can get more people downloading and therein get some feedback.
Anyway, this looks promising. Keep it up.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66482 is a reply to message #66481] Fri, 27 April 2012 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

[Updated on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:11]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66483 is a reply to message #66482] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, it's fine. It was just a suggestion, but if you're already taking that kind of workload, I agree. Don't bother with the more trivial crap like videos or screenshots.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66484 is a reply to message #66483] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66485 is a reply to message #66484] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Cool stuff man, good luck

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66486 is a reply to message #66485] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

[Updated on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:12]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66487 is a reply to message #66486] Fri, 27 April 2012 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I guess they all have better things to do with their time Razz

We did have a pretty cool little community in here though. JohnDoe pops his head in from time to time.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66488 is a reply to message #66487] Fri, 27 April 2012 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

morerunes wrote on Fri, 27 April 2012 14:22

JohnDoe pops his head in from time to time.

So does Keshire, albeit more infrequently. Marcopolo was on for a few days last year, got some great info on how he did something previously thought impossible. So that's at least three there.

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66490 is a reply to message #66488] Fri, 27 April 2012 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

icon14.gif  Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66496 is a reply to message #66480] Sat, 28 April 2012 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
I am reporting success with the injector
I did need the msvcp100.dll from VC++ redistributable package

Initialized!
DLL Injection: Success!
Exiting!

I am running windows 7 Ultimate sp1
:probably not important to the loader:Using free roam.fmp, fable: Bare and NewItemPack_V2-5.fmp
Yes this is exiting...! Shocked

Thanks for the great work EternalNoob

UPDATE: Not seeing infinite magic with
[Cheats]
Infinite_Magic=true

Not walking at all... so Maybe I should use Debug_Console?

"Hack.Log file"

Toggle Spoiler

UPDATE: RE MAGIC Hack:
How is this to work? Do I need to try to increase my magic with the Experience Pedestal and or a Will Master's Elixir?

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 17:26]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66497 is a reply to message #66496] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't understand how you could do the walk thing through an exe edit when the game.bin's CAppearanceDef is what controls those animations. Confused

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66499 is a reply to message #66480] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
The interwebz double posted me..... Damn you interwebz!!!

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 17:53]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66500 is a reply to message #66496] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66501 is a reply to message #66500] Sat, 28 April 2012 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 20:47

I hacked the animation controller, thus overriding any external files.

Holy crap.... I understand what you said, but I have no idea on how I would ever even begin to go about that. Good work. Shocked

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66502 is a reply to message #66501] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66503 is a reply to message #66500] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply.

RE: Windows 7 file protection:
My fable is installed to C:\Fable - The Lost Chapters\ for that reason.

RE: saving the INI: the hack.log file says it all (please see the spoiler)...

OK will try windows update... I have it set to manual to avoid pesky "do not turn off..." nags.

"EternalNoob"

Interesting... What .exe are you using?

I did not know there was more than one...

App name: fable.exe
App ver: 25.7.13.149
Mod name: fable.exe
Mod ver: 25.7.13.149

"EternalNoob"

2. Use a different No-CD, or the official .exe.
Can you say that here? Confused
OK? if you say so...

UPDATE: would NoAgeWillScars.fmp effect your hacks?
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Definitions => Remove Aging, Will Tats, and Scars Only

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 18:17]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66504 is a reply to message #66503] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

[Updated on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:13]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66505 is a reply to message #66504] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 20:14

I meant what region is your .exe, I should have been more specific.

This is designed for use with the English version.

OK using English version

EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 20:14

It shouldn't, but, I'm running a clean Fable install to avoid having anything interfere with my work, so, it's possible.

OK>>> right now I am playing a game that I'd like to keep stable so... I'll backup and reinstall soon. I messed around in my origional data backup and its not "vanilla any mor" LOL my bad.

UPDATE:
EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 20:24

Not sure what to tell you then, something is causing an issue, but, I'm not sure what it is.

You could try installing another copy of Fable into a different folder, and see if it works without any mods installed, etc,.

---

Can any other tester verify this? Did it work for anyone, or do you have the same issues?

OK I'll try that...

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 18:30]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66506 is a reply to message #66505] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66507 is a reply to message #66506] Sat, 28 April 2012 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob wrote on Sat, 28 April 2012 20:24

You could try installing another copy of Fable into a different folder, and see if it works without any mods installed, etc,.

Edit: Could you clarify the walk issue? Does the character still jog, or does he just stand there, or float, or what?

You could also try running the injector in compatibility mode for XP SP2.

And check your DEP settings, if it's on for Windows only, it should be fine, if it's on for all programs, you may need to add an exception for Fable\Injector.exe.

---

Can any other tester verify this? Did it work for anyone, or do you have the same issues?

Well the installer will not just install another it wants to uninstall and I do not want that... but I can just back up my game. then let it uninstall. Then restore what I want... so OK

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) would have prevented the injection would it not thus preventing the console that I successfully just ran and the updating of the two log files...?

I ran the Loader with admin rights this last time and I am running as admin btw.

OH yea the hero jogs and magic gos down as always before.

Maybe I need a new profile and clean save. My save is probably holding the jogging and manna stuff that the hack would be changing.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 18:56]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66508 is a reply to message #66507] Sat, 28 April 2012 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66509 is a reply to message #66508] Sat, 28 April 2012 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D'ow!
I reinstalled but forgot to remove the unpacked wad and chocolate box ings and all Rolling Eyes stuff...
Trying again?
Laughing
New version Got it will do...

UPDATE: OK...
Hmmm
Well I finally got the two features to work. But I had to get a No CD EXE to do it.

I will not be posting any specifics about this file here though accept to say that is has a size of 16.4 MB (17,227,776 bytes) and the vanilla Fable.exe is 8.29 MB (8,699,904 bytes)

Maybe you should have a look at the ??????.TMP file Fable.exe puts in the users temp folder and the splash.exe if you want this to work with the official fable.exe.

At least I thought the one my disk installed was the "Official" file.

Oh well I did want to reinstall and re-establish a valid clean vanilla data folder again any way so thanks for that and now my hero can walk with foke instead of herky jerkying behind them... Oh and infinite magica is great to.. a bit like TGM (toggle God Mode) for Morrowind

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 20:02]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66511 is a reply to message #66480] Sat, 28 April 2012 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66512 is a reply to message #66511] Sat, 28 April 2012 20:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K
Thanks
Looking forward to more goodies...
I love stuff like this and the script expansions for the Bethesda games modders have made. OBSE FOSE SKSE and injectors like Script 'Dragon' for Skyrim
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66513 is a reply to message #66512] Sat, 28 April 2012 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66514 is a reply to message #66513] Sat, 28 April 2012 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup and the tool I had to have and still use in its many incarnations Wrye Mash Bash Flash Smash... From the coolest gaming monkey on Earth imho...

Spam warning comming any second now Embarassed

Back to topic I renamed my original game folder and saves back and the hack works with all my mods and my almost "prefect" hero's last save... as long as I use the "aforementioned" EXE

Voted http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/5stars.gif

[Updated on: Sat, 28 April 2012 21:01]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66515 is a reply to message #66514] Sat, 28 April 2012 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66516 is a reply to message #66515] Sat, 28 April 2012 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just played the end game and it went well. disabled magic hack. But I noticed that female npcs seem to be walking different (not as sexy?) and some times during battle the walking was a bit slow like when I had left shift pressed to charge a fireball while dodging dragons breath. If the walk jog could be toggled with say Pause/break key that would be nice.
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66520 is a reply to message #66516] Sun, 29 April 2012 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

[Updated on: Sat, 02 June 2012 10:14]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66521 is a reply to message #66520] Sun, 29 April 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I figured the toggle was going to be very difficult if not impossible when I was writing about it. I am glad you where able to manage what you have so far.

I am not sure what I am seeing in those walking characters. In knothole glade some women walked bent kneed and seemed more masculine. At times (occasionally), Other characters seemed to slide farther than the animation of stepping would naturally move them. But I find myself holding the right mouse button a lot so maybe the effect I am perceiving is due to relative speed. Perhaps I am just noticing things that where always present because I am now looking for changes.

I will have to take some more controlled observations with and without the loader enabled. The scenes with Scythe and Whisper and Guards that take the hero into walking seem to be working well. I believe you had mentioned concernes about that.

I wonder, the game is able to render the hero walking in those "cut scenes" and then jogging out of "cut scenes", would some mechanism related to such scenes facilitate greater control for your project? But you, undoubtedly, are already aware of this possibility if it exists.

Update:
I did some searching and found this
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Definition Editing => This is how you make your hero walk like a normal person.

I made the substitution from ANIM_HERO_WALK to ANIM_HERO_JOG and left the weapon locomotions alone. Now when I want to jog I can pull my sword or bow. Also my fighting style seems to be more comfortable for me. I did this testing without the hack for walk enabled.

Would it be possible to include ini options for say
[Debug]
Debug_Console=false

[Mods]
Walk_Patch=True ;only unarmed
Walk_Patch_Combat=false ;walk with weapons and berserk 

[Cheats]
Infinite_Magic=false

Combat jog locomotion animations found in
graphics.big>>MBANK_ALLMESHES

• ANIM_HERO_CROSSBOW_PUMPACTION_JOG_01
  • ANIM_HERO_LONG_BOW_JOG_01
  • ANIM_HERO_SPECIAL_BERSERK_JOG_01
  • ANIM_HERO_SPECIAL_BERSERK_JOG_WITH_SWORD_01
  • ANIM_HERO_JOG_WITH_SWORD
  • ANIM_HERO_HEAVY_JOG_01 ;heavy weapon?
there may be more...
These have walk alternatives that could be substituted if Walk_Patch_Combat=true. I found some animations for hero carrying crates (ANIM_HERO_HOLD_FLAT_CRATE_JOG_01) that must be used some where I have not noticed or just unused.
ANIM_HERO_HEAVY_JOG_01 may be for hero not strong enough to lift a heavy weapon or just the great-sword and big axes animation?

[Updated on: Sun, 29 April 2012 14:49]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66526 is a reply to message #66521] Sun, 29 April 2012 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66527 is a reply to message #66480] Sun, 29 April 2012 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. I am happy with the swap I made in the animations with Shadownet FE that allow s me to jog with a weapon drawn or walk. I still walk every time I hold shift to cast so it will take time and practice to bump shift rather than holding it like I had been. Bad habits and all...

I have played enough Fable for a while any way. I lost some disks and a hard drive a while back and Fable was the only thing I could find that I wanted to play so I did.

I am glad you are working on this project and I'll check back now and then. Thanks for your hard work. I hope you will be able to achieve success and enjoy yourself in the process.

Best wishes
Chuck.
Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66545 is a reply to message #66480] Tue, 01 May 2012 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66546 is a reply to message #66545] Tue, 01 May 2012 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Making new spells is currently impossible, because the part of the exe that controls what shows up in the experience pedestal menu has yet to be cracked. Should that be taken care of, I can see a whole new world of modding blooming outwards. Oh, and because of the .stb, the creation of completely new levels is currently impossible. Confused

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66547 is a reply to message #66546] Tue, 01 May 2012 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66550 is a reply to message #66547] Tue, 01 May 2012 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You can create new spell entries, you can export a special effect and edit it, and use it for the new spell's effect, you can make a new icon for said spell, but you can't LEARN it.
As for the .STB:People have tried duplicating levels and treating them as new ones, I believe. If this is the case, since we don't have new levels out, the results are rather obvious.

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66553 is a reply to message #66550] Tue, 01 May 2012 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EternalNoob
Snip..

[Updated on: Tue, 01 May 2012 08:36]

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66554 is a reply to message #66553] Tue, 01 May 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I was simply attempting to answer your questions. I'm sorry if that came across as rude, for I did not intend it that way. Confused

Re: WIP - Game Hacks [message #66555 is a reply to message #66554] Tue, 01 May 2012 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
EternalNoob
Snip..

Previous Topic: Armour with dynamic capes
Next Topic: Fable: Fallout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:55:16 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01291 seconds