Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question
FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66529] Mon, 30 April 2012 12:16 Go to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
I am trying to follow this tutorial
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Tutorials => [General] Camera Changing Tutorial
I have this FableExplorer - ShadowNet
version 1.0.2903.4
Copyrighted to JohnDoe/SilverBack

It came bundled into this installer
FTLCAppsSetup.exe located http://www.morerunes.com/fablemod/

I am using the def.xml
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Tools => Fable Explorer Beta 4.1
  • Attachment: def.xml
  • (Size: 847.11KB, Downloaded 19142 time(s))
  • [Updated on: Sat, 08 May 2010 19:36] by Moderator

Now with all this established and the fact that I have successfully used FE to alter several elements of my game, I am confident I have a working up to date installation of FableExplorer - ShadowNet. However, I can not follow the aforementioned tutorial as it is written on this page:
Home » Discussion Area » Tutorials » [General] Camera Changing Tutorial
Toggle Spoiler

Symptoms//problem
I can not locate CAMERA_MANAGER_MAIN in the proper location as per the instructions in the tutorial (see spoiler above.
Here is what I do see in the location indicated.

Searching for CAMERA_MANAGER_MAIN using the FE search feature located CAMERA_MANAGER_MAIN under CAMERA_MANAGER
Unfotunately it does not seem to be what I need either.
searching CAMERA_PC_FAR using the FE search feature
located CAMERA_PC_FAR under CAMERA_MODE...

I can not find "dolly length" here.
searching dolly length using the FE search feature closes the search feature with no result.
searching dolly using the FE search feature locates CAMERA_POINT_FIXED_DOLLY under thing and is obviously not what i need?

I am not the only person to have had a problem with this. If I am using a valid and up to date version of FE and if any one else is able to replicate what I am saying, I move to amend or remove the aforementioned tutorial in order to prevent others from spending several hours on a wild goose chase like mine.

Thank you for your patients and consideration

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66530 is a reply to message #66529] Mon, 30 April 2012 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66531 is a reply to message #66530] Mon, 30 April 2012 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 14:32

OK...
Poking around and not seeing a thing other than what I had already indicated above.

If the tutorial is not providing valid information as it is written then I repeat:
Sativarg wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 14:16

I am not the only person to have had a problem with this. If I am using a valid and up to date version of FE and if any one else is able to replicate what I am saying, I move to amend or remove the aforementioned tutorial in order to prevent others from spending several hours on a wild goose chase like mine.

Thank you for your patients and consideration
Rolling Eyes

Here is my proposal for an amended tutorial
  1. open fable explorer
  2. Unfold CAMERA_MODE (click "+" sign)
  3. Double click CAMERA_PC_FAR to open it
  4. in the new window labeled CAMERA_PC_FAR unfold CAMERA_MODE
  5. scroll down until you see "DollyLength"
  6. Important: Note the value to the right and remember it
  7. change it to your desired number,
    • in the picture it is set to 250
    • default should be close to 5
  8. save mods and run fable

============================================

Perhaps this post will, if nothing else, provide others with updated information about camera, DollyLength vs Dolly Length, Tutorial deprecation, the Wild goose infestation at fabletlcmod.com and not to trust every expert tutorial you read in old outdated posts here.

The local attitude of condescension is so deep at times I advise the unwary to get some hip waders to avoid fecal contamination before setting foot here.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 14:17]

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66532 is a reply to message #66531] Mon, 30 April 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Okay, you said you couldn't find that little def previously, so I was pointing it out. Glad you've figured it out though.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66533 is a reply to message #66532] Mon, 30 April 2012 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thank you so very much asmcint... Albeit I was mildly insulted by your tone.

And, actual I did find it and said it did not have the expected contents as per the tutorial. the data I needed was not located under or liked to the item mentioned and the entry I needed was miss spelled//spaced in the tutorial.

It was not what you said that rankles but the way you said it...

Any one following the information in that tutorial and or the "help" offered to the one person who also had problems...

Not so helpful help?

...could be greatly aided if I where permitted to post to the tutorial, my little amendment. But it is expressly forbidden to post new information into old threads here. I am, therefor, attempting to follow the rules while suggesting a way to reduce the number of unnecessary post like this very one. How you might ask? Buy correcting just one of the many misleading bits of information that result in posts just like this one.

Just because a thing is given freely it does not follow that it has to be cheep, of poor quality and or wrong...

UPDATE: here is a good camera mod for any users who find this thread FableTLC Mod Scene: Definitions => Camera Mode Mod

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 15:10]

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66535 is a reply to message #66533] Mon, 30 April 2012 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sativarg wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 17:44

it is expressly forbidden to post new information into old threads here.

When the information is of value, it is perfectly within the rules. Wink
FEAR my awesome quoting powers!

7.Do NOT bump a dead thread unless you are adding useful information, bumps will be deleted and threads will be locked;

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66536 is a reply to message #66535] Mon, 30 April 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I added your version to the first post in the tutorial Sativarg, so no need to add to it. Thanks for posting this and not just keeping the info to yourself.

icon7.gif  Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66538 is a reply to message #66536] Mon, 30 April 2012 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 20:35

I added your version to the first post in the tutorial Sativarg, so no need to add to it. Thanks for posting this and not just keeping the info to yourself.

Thank you for helping me. I am so pleased to be of some small service here. I am using several of the fine tools and mods from Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene now and in the past so the least I can do is share any thing I can. In fact that is the most I can do as well.

Best wishes
Sativarg Millenious the apprentice Harper

I see my rating of the tutorial is permanent once made. I would not have voted so harshly had I known that. I am glad someone else raised the average.

UPDATE: missed this post at first...
asmcint wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 20:11

Sativarg wrote on Mon, 30 April 2012 17:44

it is expressly forbidden to post new information into old threads here.

When the information is of value, it is perfectly within the rules. Wink
FEAR my awesome quoting powers!

7.Do NOT bump a dead thread unless you are adding useful information, bumps will be deleted and threads will be locked;

The power of the valid quote is well known to the Harpers of Pern. It appears this apprentice did not learn the art of thorough comprehension(speaking in the third person)
My apologies sire. I shall take the first opportunity to improve my understanding in such matters.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 19:42]

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66539 is a reply to message #66538] Mon, 30 April 2012 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

It's nice to have people helping around the forum Wink

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Question [message #66540 is a reply to message #66539] Mon, 30 April 2012 19:55 Go to previous message
OK I found the reference I misquoted before.
Home » Development Area » Mods » Objects » Finished Object Section Rules » Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: Objects => Finished Object Section Rules
[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2009 21:58] by Moderator: ______________

I am now better acquainted with this set of rules and will abide by them in future. Thanks asmcint

Hello morerunes I do not post here often. I hope when I do it is as helpful as well as my being helped. Thank you for your kind post.

PS: "not bump a dead thread" site:fabletlcmod.com/forum/ - Google Search About 333 results (0.07 seconds) LOL it seems this notice is hard to miss unless one is blind...

[Updated on: Mon, 30 April 2012 20:12]

Previous Topic: how do i create a region?
Next Topic: ask: heartbeat light in oakvale
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:37:48 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01333 seconds