Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tutorials » Modding Potions
Modding Potions [message #66631] Sun, 06 May 2012 04:29 Go to next message
striderplus18 is currently offline  striderplus18
I'm quite new to Fable TLC and well I tried to mod on my first day. This required me to read a lot of tutorials about editing weapons and skills, which greatly improved my understanding of Fable Explorer and about the game itself.

One thing I noticed though is that if you edited your amount of health and mana (I call it mana Razz) the potions don't always keep up. In other words it only heals 1/10 of what it usually did. I tried searching around for a way to increase the amounts restored and found nothing specific.

So I thought I might fill in the gap for some newbies like me on how to edit the amount of health/mana restored by potions.

So here is the Tutorial for editing the health potion:

First thing you want to do once you opened up Fable Explorer is got to OBJECT (Red Box).

Once you found OBJECT, you need to expand it and find 4292 - OBJECT_HEALTH_POTION (Red Box), after you located the health potion double-click it to open it.

Note: You'll notice that from the area 4274 - 4299 (there may be more!) would be potions and food which you can also edit to your liking.

When you opened it you'll need expand OBJECT within the new window and click on CDefs (Red Box).

When you clicked on CDefs (Red Box) you'll need findCBonusItemDef (Green Box).

Click on the link to go to CBonusItemDef (Purple Box), which will open in a new window.

Note: You could also click on OBJECT and scroll down to find CBonusItemDef (Purple Box). Which is a faster method.

You'll need to click on or expand CBonusItemDef (Red Box) to find what you'll be editing. In this case it will be our amount of health (Green Box)

When you're done, apply changes, save the mod, and run the game.

And that's it for the Tutorial, hope I helped someone, somewhere.

Also if there is a guide like this around the web or on the site then I didn't know about it and would like to apologize to everyone for my lazyness in searching for it.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 May 2012 06:42] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modding Potions [message #66633 is a reply to message #66631] Sun, 06 May 2012 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Excellent. Your first post, and it's a tutorial. However, please put your images in spoiler tags. It's not exactly ideal to have the page stretched like that on one post.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Modding Potions [message #66637 is a reply to message #66633] Sun, 06 May 2012 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Nice tutorial. Welcome to the site.

Re: Modding Potions [message #66662 is a reply to message #66637] Tue, 08 May 2012 04:58 Go to previous message
striderplus18 is currently offline  striderplus18
Thanks, and I will be sure to use the spoiler tag from now on.
Previous Topic: [Graphics] Change a texture
Next Topic: Applying XBOX Mods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:29:09 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01128 seconds