Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Harder Fable?
icon5.gif  Harder Fable? [message #66659] Mon, 07 May 2012 09:09 Go to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Well, I was talking about fable with friends yesterday, and we were all talking about how strong our character could be incredibly strong...

Fable is way too easy, it's almost boring. I know there is a way to change the NPCs damage, but i'd like to do more stuff, like making resurrection potion a bit less common ( hundreds are dropped from enemies when you have none) Also reduce money earned by quests or by killing monsters, and why not, experience...

And, while I'm at it, is there a way to create requirements to weapons / spells? Example: reaching a general and magical xp cap before acquiring physical shield, or divine wrath, whatever :3

If a mod that actually do this already exist, could you please send me the link? It would be appreciated ^^

EDIT:
I found a mod that actually makes the game harder, but maybe it became too hard? Comments says that it can take up to 20min to kill a white balverine with Skorm's bow...

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Harder Fable? [message #66660 is a reply to message #66659] Mon, 07 May 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

All of this is possible except for the spell requirements bit. While we can give the spells specific alignment requirements, stat requirements are still out of bounds. The weapon requirements thing is only semi-possible. We can only make a weapon heavy, thus making you have to have a Physique level of three to wield it practically. Everything else is completely possible, and has been attempted, with at least minor successes in all fields by various people.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Harder Fable? [message #66663 is a reply to message #66659] Tue, 08 May 2012 18:17 Go to previous message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Aww, too bad... Maybe it could be possible by scripting, or advanced modding? I guess it would be so complicated that it would not even be worth it!

Thanks for the answer though. After some research I found something that's really near to what I want, just a few tweaks here and there to do, but the job as been done to 99%, so i am kind of grateful :3

Previous Topic: quests
Next Topic: Several questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:11:11 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01237 seconds