Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Problem spawning objects
Problem spawning objects [message #66689] Tue, 15 May 2012 19:41 Go to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
Again, i'm in trouble.

I downloaded a weapon mod, that adds Bastard swords in the game. I don't know if those weapons automatically appears in random traders, and ermm... I don't want to bother searching ^^

So, I tried to add the weapon(s) directly in my inventory, but there's a problem somewhere. When I try to find the object ID, it just won't appear in the left pannel, where all the objects are supposed to be.

I tried to find it by researching in the creature_hero ; weapon 1 list. I found the wanted Item, but when I click ''select'' An error message appears, saying something like this: the specified cast in invalid.

There's also a detail box, here's what it says, just in case.

Toggle Spoiler

A part of it is in french, I left it like that to avoid crappy translation. If you have any questions, I can translate, but the original text is there as a reference.

Finally, maybe I could have asked for help on the mod's topic, but it is long time dead, so I try to follow the forum's rules... Anyways, thanks for reading.
Re: Problem spawning objects [message #66690 is a reply to message #66689] Wed, 16 May 2012 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Object ID #s for new objects are closer to the top of the object list, they start around 14000. They are between the 1000's and 2000's.

Re: Problem spawning objects [message #66691 is a reply to message #66689] Wed, 16 May 2012 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
I searched for hours, the items are not in the list. I reloaded the mod 20 times, no change. The objects are said to spawn as OBJECT_CRYSTAL_BASTARD_SWORD for the master bastard sword for exemple, and it's just... not there.

Re: Problem spawning objects [message #66692 is a reply to message #66691] Wed, 16 May 2012 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

On a side note, a translation program would have done an exemplary job with error text such as this.
Google translate's take on your error text.

Note the near-complete lack of errors in grammar, which is usually not found with google translate. :3

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Problem spawning objects [message #66693 is a reply to message #66691] Wed, 16 May 2012 23:50 Go to previous message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Final-Z wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 10:42

I searched for hours, the items are not in the list. I reloaded the mod 20 times, no change. The objects are said to spawn as OBJECT_CRYSTAL_BASTARD_SWORD for the master bastard sword for exemple, and it's just... not there.

Provide a link to the mod please, then I will check it out myself.

Previous Topic: Rate Instead of bumping...
Next Topic: Would this screw up the textures and stuff in game?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:44:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01397 seconds