Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Epicness
Epicness [message #66697] Fri, 18 May 2012 13:57 Go to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Well, my modding is still on hiatus due to a lack of owning a full copy of Fable, as opposed to three discs and the box. But in the meantime, I figured I'd post a render of a sword I modelled so that y'all can see the sort of awesomeness you can expect from me when i do have a full copy of Fable. This was compiled through basic shape manipulation, extrusion, and the mirror and subdivision surface modifiers in Blender.

If you look closely you can see the metal texturing in the metal bits. Very Happy

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Epicness [message #66698 is a reply to message #66697] Fri, 18 May 2012 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Just a fair warning, subsurf yields many many verts, and is inefficient for making things look smooth for gaming.

Otherwise, cool stuff

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Epicness [message #66699 is a reply to message #66698] Fri, 18 May 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Oh, don't worry, I only bumped the view number up to two to make it look decent while still keeping a low number of verts. Razz

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Epicness [message #66704 is a reply to message #66697] Sun, 20 May 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
~Sees asmcint's epicness, on verge of buying him a copy of Fable~

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Epicness [message #66705 is a reply to message #66704] Sun, 20 May 2012 14:15 Go to previous message

Lol, please do. I'm working on even more epic epicness right now, that I intend to put into Fable once I get it. Very Happy
EDIT:Here is said epicness.

I found the reference image in this thread.
And yes, the sword is textured, it just doesn't look it due to the grayness of the reference image. Will brighten it up with some red and gold if necessary.
EDIT 2:Brightened things up with red and gold, added rubies on the crossguard. View the image below. Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: animation question
Next Topic: Model export Question!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:46:15 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00921 seconds