Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME  () 1 Vote
icon4.gif  couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66777] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:15 Go to next message
AmazingPat is currently offline  AmazingPat

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!! okay lets get down to the questions there are two questions on my mind right now FableTLC pc version and Fable3 Xbox 360 version
1) I got FTLC and i was going to install it, i put in the disk, went to My computer, copied the files and pasted to a new folder in my c drive, i oped the new folder and hit the [Fable-Disc-01] folder then the [Fable - The Lost Chapters] folder then the actual game it self [Fable] file, i noticed it wasnt doing anything so i went in properties and hit run on: Windows 7 which is on the Compatibility tab and then hit run in 256 colors and hit apply then okay, then hit Fable again, doing which caused my cpu to go 8-bit like for about a minute then an error sound appeared and i click the red X window that appears on the bottom area showing a error window, its titled Splash.exe and the window says " Window cannot find 'splash.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." so i press okay and two more windows appear, one is FTLC: titled Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library saying " Runtime error! Program: ...le TLC\Fable-Disc-01 - The Lost Chapters\Fable.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a usual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."
and the other tab (btw its still 8-bit like) is titled Protection Stub, and it sayss " Protection Stub has stopped working
windows can check online for a solution to the problem" and it gives me 3 options "Check online for a solution and close the program" "Close the program" or View problem details" i choose Close the program and for the fable windo i chose okay, by pressing okay on the fable tab it brought my cpu back to HD, i just wonder why i cant play.
as for Fable 3 i just want to know if there is a way to transfer my Fable 2 items to Fable 3????

~Pat W
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66778 is a reply to message #66777] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, you did the install wrong. USE THE INSTALLSHIELD WIZARD LOCATED ON THE DISK. It's not there to look pretty. As how to transfer your Fable 2 items to Fable 3, you can find that with the search button at http://fable3mod.com/forum/. It's pretty easy to do, just be sure you've used BlackDemon's extraction tool. Wink

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66779 is a reply to message #66778] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

okay, i tried that (referring to FTLC pc) and it didnt work, and for F3 i dont know what the Black demons extraction tool is

~Pat W
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66780 is a reply to message #66779] Tue, 05 June 2012 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

Okay, how can you have tried the installshield wizard and it not work? Elaborate, please. Our crystal ball is broken at the moment, you see.
http://blogs.courant.com/susan_campbell/sb10061867a-001.jpg
As for the Fable 3 thing, it's in the tools section of fable3mod. Simply look for it. Rolling Eyes It's not rocket science.
It's not our practice here to help those who won't help themselves, or give specific details.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66791 is a reply to message #66780] Thu, 07 June 2012 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i found a solution, and now i have a new problem, i was looting the system in Fable the lost chapters (hero save) in the mission hobbe cave, after getting 20 sliver keys by looting the system it crashed, and i went back in and my auto save said 0 hours and 0 minutes spent in game, my save 1 was fine 3.5 hours in i tried save one again, it crashed, i rebooted my cpu, went into FTLC and tried save 1 it crashed, i tried autosave, it said the save file is corrupted and this is the error message i got when the game crashed:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Fable.exe
Application Version: 25.7.13.149
Application Timestamp: 42d7dbdf
Fault Module Name: MSVCR71.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.10.3052.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 3e561eac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000029c1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 58d5
Additional Information 2: 58d5331a39f8c241f4012e599b463c1b
Additional Information 3: 9e07
Additional Information 4: 9e07aa42ea20ce91e346f01755433a7a

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x04 09

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

~Pat W
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66793 is a reply to message #66778] Thu, 07 June 2012 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

okay, so i went to the Fable3mod.com and tried searching: "how to transfer stuff from fable 2 to fable 3" and got nothing so i tried searching "BlackDemon Extraction tool" and got nothing, i searched nothing happened im still confused, added info. I bought Fable 3 for the Xbox 360

~Pat W
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66794 is a reply to message #66793] Thu, 07 June 2012 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Quote:

stuff

Real refined searchin' skills there tex

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: couple questions IMPORTANT TO ME [message #66819 is a reply to message #66794] Mon, 11 June 2012 22:10 Go to previous message
EternalNoob
Quote:

It's not our practice here to help those who won't help themselves..

I couldn't agree more, and will be posting a topic very soon with that spirit in mind.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2012 01:31]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Blender question
Next Topic: High Score!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:38:41 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01269 seconds