Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Texture mapping issues?
Texture mapping issues? [message #66806] Fri, 08 June 2012 18:48 Go to next message
Deridor is currently offline  Deridor
I exported some meshes from the fable files (mainly enemy weapons, such as nostro's sword), but when imported into blender the texture maps are completely ruined, which makes the whole endeavor pointless (I can model to a decent extent, but I cannot for the life of me make proper uv maps or textures).

Any way to fix this? I'm using 2.49b since the interface (and everything) changed so much in 2.5 and on...
Re: Texture mapping issues? [message #66807 is a reply to message #66806] Fri, 08 June 2012 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You have to flip the map horizontally I believe

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Texture mapping issues? [message #66808 is a reply to message #66806] Fri, 08 June 2012 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it'll take a bit more than that Shocked

The uv mapping is bunched up on the right side of the image:

Idk if the export method I used is really for this... I was following your weapon tutorial actually.

Edit: AHHHH I figured it out. It is just a simple mirror issue, but i got my vertical/horizontal messed up haha. It was further confusing me since i was focusing on nostro, which I realized uses one texture for ALL his items. Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 June 2012 20:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Texture mapping issues? [message #66810 is a reply to message #66808] Fri, 08 June 2012 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

No problem Wink

Had me pretty confused for a while too

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Texture mapping issues? [message #66811 is a reply to message #66806] Fri, 08 June 2012 22:49 Go to previous message
Ahh but now idk how to get it ingame XD I think the way I made it is getting in the way of following your tutorial. I made a request in your weapon request thread, if you are ok with helping out. All that needs to be done (assuming nothing needs to be fixed...) is importing the mesh into fable.
Previous Topic: Fable explorer/cbox problem
Next Topic: Duplicating entries?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:22:42 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01546 seconds