Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Anyone interested?
Anyone interested? [message #66840] Wed, 13 June 2012 07:56 Go to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Possibly should go in WIP, but this is more to check and see if anyone fancies a look at what I've been working on.

So, three years after my Fable:TLC discs were lost, I finally got round to getting a new copy this week. After having fun with KotOR recently, I've taken a shine to modding my games as I go, so I thought I'd try and tackle a few of the 'issues' with TLC.

I've been lurking around these (rather fantastic Very Happy ) forums the last few days, stealing a few textures for eye-candy and picking up some Fable Explorer basics as I go, and I've noticed that there seems to be a demand for a 'harder Fable' mod; which is what I've been trying to accomplish! The main 'competition' (you know what I mean! Laughing ) looks to be Kelnor's 'FABLE RELOADED' mod, but while that mod aims to adjust the parameters of enemies and weapon effects, etc., I'm trying to take a more simple approach.

I'll post a more in-depth list if anyone's interested, but here's a rough idea of what I'm going for;

- All weapons and armour given fairly hefty price increases
- Legendary weapons are also being adjusted according to how easily they are available
- Various methods of making money more scarce, including:
• Reducing gambling opportunities
• Lessening the 'economy scam' method of money-making
• Armours are unsellable, so money can't be made from them
- Lowering the effects of all types of potions and experience giving items, including how many health/mana/resurrection potions can be held.
- Pretty big increases in amounts of exp. needed to level up
- More challenging mini-games, demon doors and, ahem, challenges
• eg. guild tests, tavern games, archery challenge

I've pretty much done the ground-work now, so it just remains for me to take a full run-through of the game and tweak as I go. Sorry if the post is a little long, but it'd be great to see if anyone wants to take a look at my mini-mod!

Cheers! Very Happy

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Anyone interested? [message #66841 is a reply to message #66840] Wed, 13 June 2012 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
Nobody ever really messes with Armor Rating values I see. There's a lot that can be done with those.

http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=def_editing:amour_ty pes

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: Anyone interested? [message #66842 is a reply to message #66841] Wed, 13 June 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire wrote on Wed, 13 June 2012 16:04

Nobody ever really messes with Armor Rating values I see. There's a lot that can be done with those.

True, true. I may have a wee tinker there at some point, but for the moment I'm trying to keep away from adjusting too many stats. The focus here is on being forced to be very select with your exp. and money spending habits, so that you have to make do with what you can pick up for free.

That's the main problem with Fable for me; it's far too easy to have a quick buzz around and have extremely high-range equipment and stats with just a few hours play. I'm aiming to make exploring and training a must, but without making the game too much of a grind-fest. Very Happy

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Anyone interested? [message #66843 is a reply to message #66842] Wed, 13 June 2012 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

primavista wrote on Wed, 13 June 2012 11:48

I'm aiming to make exploring and training a must, but without making the game too much of a grind-fest. Very Happy

Exactly what Fable needs to be. Surprised I like the looks of this, please, by all means, continue progress on it.

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Re: Anyone interested? [message #66848 is a reply to message #66840] Thu, 14 June 2012 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick update, I should be able have a 'version 1.0' available in a few days time. Just need to make a full run-through and test/tweak. Enjoying myself so far, thanks for the feedback!

Re: Anyone interested? [message #67341 is a reply to message #66840] Mon, 24 September 2012 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
I love these ideas. I figured there would be a way to lower the amount of a type of item that could be carried since you can only have 9 resurrection potions, but it'd be great if you could only have 9 health and mana potions and only 1 resurrection potion.
It'd also be good if resurrection potions were very expensive and not picked up off corpses, not very confident in how they work if they didn't revive the person I just killed...

I'm looking forward to your work. Smile
Re: Anyone interested? [message #67358 is a reply to message #66840] Mon, 01 October 2012 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, forum-goers!

What have I missed? Due to personal issues, I was forced away from gaming for a while, and found myself disheartened with my Fable work upon my return. I'm feeling a lot better now though, and I'm happy to say I'm back at work on this mod!

I'll be playing through over the next few days (waiting on the arrival of a new mouse later today), and making my final adjustments before my version 1.0 release. Anyone interested in what I'm up to and such, feel free to PM me with any questions!

Hope to have something for you all soon!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2012 02:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Anyone interested? [message #67359 is a reply to message #66840] Mon, 01 October 2012 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would be most interested to see exactly how you'll be doing some of these things. In particular the tavern games as I have my own ideas in the works with those. It appears that the def.xml was never completed for the tavern games, but I can fix that. Anything else that can be done with demon doors and minigames would be excellent. If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the mod for the purposes of picking through it to see how everything works. I'm still learning this Fable modding business myself. Smile

Edit: Just a tiny little thing that I should maybe probably throw out there. Leaving for vacation in about one hour, will be back next Monday. Even so, I am looking forward to seeing your work the second I get back. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2012 03:31]

Re: Anyone interested? [message #67366 is a reply to message #66840] Tue, 02 October 2012 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick update; all changes that I feel need to be made are ready for version 1.0, but have yet to be play-tested. Depending on what comes up, this could take up to a week, possibly a little more. With luck though, I'll have something ready in three or four days. As soon as I have finished my play-through and made any final adjustments, I'll put it up here for you guys to play with.

Even after that, I'll be eager for as much feedback as possible, and I'll continue to adjust and release more versions of this mod.

Sorry for the delay for anyone eager to play.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 00:03]

Re: Anyone interested? [message #67369 is a reply to message #67366] Wed, 03 October 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Cool, maybe I'll give it a play through Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Anyone interested? [message #67391 is a reply to message #66840] Mon, 08 October 2012 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm available, and I've got a clean install waiting to go. I can get you some quick feedback as soon as you're ready to release. Smile
Re: Anyone interested? [message #67414 is a reply to message #67366] Wed, 10 October 2012 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
I'm real happy the community is coming back again. For a while it was only morerunes, asmcint, and i around Sad with the exception of a couple of forum wanderers.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Anyone interested? [message #67415 is a reply to message #67414] Wed, 10 October 2012 23:05 Go to previous message
Indeed. I regret that I found this community so late in the game. I feel I could have made a big contribution had I been here earlier. It appears that most things that can be done have already been done. Sad
Oh well, I'll manage to do something good while I'm here. Smile
Previous Topic: How Can I Fix My Hero's Movement?
Next Topic: Armour value discovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:16:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01121 seconds