Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Adblock Plus & fabletlcmod
Adblock Plus & fabletlcmod [message #66954] Mon, 09 July 2012 11:59 Go to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
Adblock Plus — for annoyance-free web surfing

For the first time I had to disable Adblock for fabletlcmod, fable2mod and fable3mod. Today Mon Jul 9 I began to see pages without proper formatting and missing images. The button http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/theme/default/images/new_thread.gif was gone as well.

If you are seeing pages with odd formatting and missing buttons and or images Try disabling any ad-blocking you are using and or setting an exception for fabletlcmod.com, fable2mod.com and fable3mod.com.

The problem may be in a rule set or blocking list update that I received and may not apply to most users here. But I posted this for anyone having the same trouble.

UPDATE:The filter that was causing the problem seems to have been a corruption. I used adblocks restore feature to restore the list and the problem is gone. I am still wondering how the list became corrupted though.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 12:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adblock Plus & fabletlcmod [message #66955 is a reply to message #66954] Mon, 09 July 2012 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

ABP is nice, though I tend to leave it enabled here. It's good support for the guy running it Wink

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Adblock Plus & fabletlcmod [message #66956 is a reply to message #66955] Mon, 09 July 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sativarg is currently offline  Sativarg
The problem was a corrupted rule list. It was blocking every thing that matched "me" and a bunch of other things. I think the list was modified by another add-on.
Re: Adblock Plus & fabletlcmod [message #66976 is a reply to message #66954] Thu, 12 July 2012 22:14 Go to previous message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Corruption happens. On a small site like this I advise you simply disabled Adblock anyway.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Previous Topic: Bone Morphing with B-morph?
Next Topic: the best fraps settings to record fable tlc for youtube
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:01:18 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01127 seconds