Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » Chest problems :3
icon13.gif  Chest problems :3 [message #67113] Fri, 03 August 2012 23:27 Go to next message
Final-Z is currently offline  Final-Z
I recently tried to create a chest, in the lookout point, following John Doe's guide. For some reason, the game crashes!

I verified the scripts 100 times, there's no mistake to my eye. I searched on the forum for information, and I followed every advice found this way, like rename FinalAlbion, edit the userst.ini, nothing worked.

here's the code:

Toggle Spoiler

The game indicates no error message, it just closes. It says: To hell with your new items! Sad
Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67114 is a reply to message #67113] Sat, 04 August 2012 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Simple, try removing this from your script, nicomon's caped armour object is broken.
Final-Z wrote on Fri, 03 August 2012 23:27

ContainerContents[5] "OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_CAPED_ARMOUR";

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67115 is a reply to message #67113] Sat, 04 August 2012 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arff... Well, thanks for the info, with all the screenshots, I thought it was operational.

I tried removing some of the components, without results. The game still dies.

I noticed that some objects are badly linked in FE. the OBJECT_HERO_HAT_MASKED_HOOD is said to have an ID of 14802 if I try to see it as a big file, but FE games.bin says it's 14800. Maybe if I try to make it identical... anyways, I'll just have to backup things.

I'll give it a try :3

EDIT: I removed every object from that chest, and the game still crashes. Is the chest saved in the saved file, so that it is now corrupted? If yes, it would be pretty annoying...

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2012 10:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67116 is a reply to message #67115] Sat, 04 August 2012 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Sorry i couldn't help. A while ago i tried nicomon's caped armour and it crashed my game :/.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67118 is a reply to message #67113] Sat, 04 August 2012 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to create a new profile now, but I don't even know if it will solve anything -><- that's 30min that will maybe be wasted...

anyways, thanks for saying that awesome cape was broken, spared me hours of searching Smile
Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67119 is a reply to message #67118] Sat, 04 August 2012 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I tested your chest and was able to open it and continue playing. The only items I got from it were:
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_GOLD_1000000";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_NOSTRO_SHIELD_01";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_DOLL_JACK_OF_BLADES_01";
I do not have all those other items installed. I think it narrows things down to a certain point though. Your script is good, there is a problem with one of those items. Delete all but one and see if it works, add back items until one causes a crash then you will know which one is corrupt and can ask what is wrong with that one item.
Oddly you put your chest in the exact same spot as someone else put a barrel that I tested then left there.

Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67120 is a reply to message #67113] Sat, 04 August 2012 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you used John Doe's guide coordinates? I did, so it would make sense :3

The only problem I have with such a method is that if it crashes, I have to create a new profile then start from the beginning again. It's only the first part before the attack,(the cutscene is in lookout point, so it crashes there) so it's not that bad, but it still sucks...

well, thanks :3

EDIT: This thing's driving me crazy, I've totally supressed the template, yet the game continue to crash whenever I reach the lookout point, even on a new profile.

I'll try to replace the guildexterior TNG, maybe I made a mistake while removing the chest.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 August 2012 21:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67121 is a reply to message #67113] Mon, 06 August 2012 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sorry for double posting*

I made a backup of my data folder, but the game still crashes at the cutscene where maze gets the hero to the guild. There's no error message, fable just dies.

Every time I try, I create a new profile, just in case.

I'm getting desperate on that one, really don't know what to do...
Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67126 is a reply to message #67121] Tue, 07 August 2012 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Uninstall then be sure to delete anything Fable related. Then re-install.

Re: Chest problems :3 [message #67338 is a reply to message #67113] Mon, 24 September 2012 14:22 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Necropost, but it is the most recent thread in this forum...

A lot of these problems can be blamed on how Fable handles saves. Not a good system.

Here's what I do. I play the game through to after the wasp queen quest and make a manual save. Don't rely on autosaves. Then load the mods and see if they work - don't save until you know that they do, otherwise the save will forever have the broken stuff in it.
Previous Topic: Freeroam for noobs
Next Topic: Water Scripts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 01:08:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01271 seconds