Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Quick FMP question
Quick FMP question [message #67367] Tue, 02 October 2012 22:44 Go to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Hi, guys!

I was just wondering; when I create a FMP, if I add a file to the package, does that cover all the seperate CDef changes within the file? For instance, if I change the Obsidian Longsword's default price (CStockItemDef) and its damage (CWeaponDef), will adding the OBJECT_EBONY_LONGSWORD file to the FMP cover all of this?

I'd assume that if this is right, then adding the SCRIPT_DEF file in script.bin would also cover all the changes I've made for that whole file?

Hopefully I'm on the right track here, or finishing up this mod's going to be a bit of a hassle! Wink

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person
Re: Quick FMP question [message #67368 is a reply to message #67367] Wed, 03 October 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Quote:

will adding the OBJECT_EBONY_LONGSWORD file to the FMP cover all of this?

Nope, you've got to add all the bits and pieces. Tedious :/

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Quick FMP question [message #67370 is a reply to message #67368] Wed, 03 October 2012 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply!

That's a little annoying, but probably better in the long run as it'll help cement exactly what work I've done, I s'pose. One more question then;

If I edit a file without going into any of its CDefs, or a file with no CDefs, I assume then that I just drag across that whole file? For example, the MAIN_HERO_STATS file contains the HealthPerLevel and ManaPerLevel arrays; would adding that whole file to the FMP include both of those? And, just so I know I'm on the right track, if I changed something like IsDrawable within say, OBJECT_EBONY_LONGSWORD, that gets covered by including just the OBJECT_EBONY_LONGSWORD file as a whole as I haven't gone into any of the CDefs, just stayed within the object itself, correct?

Oh, and - finally - going by that then, the general idea is that if I can't drag an individual change into the FMP box then I'm good just to add whatever the next file up in the tree is, yah? Like, I can't add the separate entries for all the boast costs inside the SCRIPT_DEF, so I'd just put in the SCRIPT_DEF itself? Very Happy

Sorry for all the questions, just don't want to miss anything out in the mod package! Rolling Eyes

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 12:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick FMP question [message #67372 is a reply to message #67370] Wed, 03 October 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You've got the right idea now Smile

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Quick FMP question [message #67373 is a reply to message #67372] Wed, 03 October 2012 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks very much! Very Happy

I just added a bit more to my last post, but it's fine; I've got the gist of it now it seems. Well, back to work!

Re: Quick FMP question [message #67389 is a reply to message #67370] Mon, 08 October 2012 22:41 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
morerunes has already answered this but I want to add in a little bit.
primavista wrote on Wed, 03 October 2012 08:59

Oh, and - finally - going by that then, the general idea is that if I can't drag an individual change into the FMP box then I'm good just to add whatever the next file up in the tree is, yah? Like, I can't add the separate entries for all the boast costs inside the SCRIPT_DEF, so I'd just put in the SCRIPT_DEF itself? Very Happy

So this last week I made a horrible mistake with one of my mods and needed to rename one of the entries inside it in order for it to work. I did this with a hex editor. Scrolling through the file I found it stores entire entries, yes, but it looks like it was at one time or another capable of or at least was going to be capable of storing individual edits. If the tool developers are still around, I'd happily offer my assistance to work on that feature some more.
Previous Topic: Creating FMPs more easily
Next Topic: Tutorial - How to change Expirience Costs on Skills
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 22:44:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02088 seconds