Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Run/sprint toggle?
Run/sprint toggle? [message #67374] Wed, 03 October 2012 14:18 Go to next message
windbrand is currently offline  windbrand
Is it possible to edit some config file so that run/sprint can be toggled, instead of holding down the key to sprint? I see absolutely no circumstance in the game where a character needs to run instead of sprint, since there is a sneak toggle, and it gets very tiring to hold down the sprint key hours at a time.
Re: Run/sprint toggle? [message #67375 is a reply to message #67374] Wed, 03 October 2012 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
primavista is currently offline  primavista
Well, you could swap the animations for jogging and sprinting around. That would mean your hero would always be sprinting unless you were holding down the usual 'sprint' button. There's a guide on this in the tutorial section, I believe.

Secondly, as you say, the sneak animation can be toggled on and off rather than being held down to use. I've never tried it myself, so there may be some issue with the fact that sneaking changes some other factors (like you much you're noticed by NPCs, I believe), but I'd reckon you'd be able to swap around the 'sneak' and 'sprint' animations in the same way as above. Sorry that I can't provide something concrete on that. Confused

Hope that's of some help. Very Happy

"A humorous anecdote that makes you crease every time you read it."

"Great quote that is both philosophical and quality banter." - Some legendary person

[Updated on: Wed, 03 October 2012 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Run/sprint toggle? [message #67387 is a reply to message #67374] Mon, 08 October 2012 22:31 Go to previous message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
I played the game for over a year without knowing about sneak. >.>

I'm in agreement with primavista, it appears that sneaking is the only thing that can be toggled by the player to affect movement speed. If you're okay with losing the ability to sneak, I could put together a mod that nullifies sneaking altogether and turns sneaking into jogging/running/sprinting if you'd like.
Previous Topic: Minimizing and exp disappearing
Next Topic: needs to know how to make a mod
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:31:19 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01095 seconds