Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion
Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion [message #67480] Sun, 21 October 2012 19:47 Go to next message
Lenop is currently offline  Lenop
Lenop's Hero Sneak to Walk conversion mod

Description
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Very simple, in fact it only changes one thing! While sneaking, the player will
use the walking animation instead of the sneaking animation. While the game has
several sneaking and walking animations, it actually only uses just one sneaking
animation and so that's the only one I can swap out, it may look a bit off here
and there but that's the best that can be done if you want a toggle walk.

Installation
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Use FableExplorer or ChocolateBox to load the provided FMP, save mods and run
Fable. No new game required.

Uninstallation
Use uninstall FMP in the same way. Simple!

Misc
Hope you enjoy. This required almost no effort and is hardly a good mod. In the
future I'd like to do a proper conversion replacing jog with walk and run with
sprint but as this was done on request and the request required toggle, had to
go with replacing sneaking animations.

Feel free to use any of my work, make sure credit is given where it is due.
Re: Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion [message #68864 is a reply to message #67480] Fri, 21 June 2013 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Just remembered this, thanks man.
I thought of a pretty cool idea the other day. Wouldn't it be pretty cool to make a animation swap of the hero sneak to the hero sprint? Then after you stop running the "idle" animation could be the hero trying to catch his breath... I've done a similar swap with the drunk animations Razz.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion [message #69102 is a reply to message #67480] Wed, 17 July 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
noverum is currently offline  noverum
I've been having trouble getting this mod to work. I've attempted to load the FMP file through both Fable Explorer and Chocolate Box (both of which I'd installed earlier today for the specific purpose of getting my character to walk), but in both cases, there was no visible change to character animation or movement -- I can still see the character sneaking around like Elmer Fudd when using the 'sneak' hotkey.

This is what I did in my attempt to get the mod to work in the case of both aforementioned modding applications.

1. Installed/unzipped FE/CB in a somewhat random directory.
2. Opened it and went to File > Load Mod Package
3. Selected HeroSneakToWalk.fmp
4. Chose 'Save and Run Fable' from the toolbar

Cue the apparently irrelevant 'splash.exe' error, before the game loaded up and ran seamlessly - if unaffected by my half-assed effort.

What am I missing?

[Updated on: Wed, 17 July 2013 14:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion [message #69111 is a reply to message #69102] Wed, 17 July 2013 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You're either missing the Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 issue thread, or the mod is ineffective. It replaces one animation and it was never tested so there's a strong chance that it doesn't do anything.
Re: Hero Sneak To Walk Conversion [message #69114 is a reply to message #69111] Wed, 17 July 2013 22:42 Go to previous message
noverum is currently offline  noverum
Thanks for the quick response. It's looking increasingly likely that the fmp doesn't function, although I can't entirely rule out the possibility that I screwed up somewhere.

After struggling with this mod, I decided to edit the graphics.bin file manually as per the instructions of another thread in this forum - http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1756& ;start=0&. It worked like a charm, though I've had to sacrifice jogging entirely, which isn't ideal, but I suppose it's the next best thing.

Previous Topic: No Scar Fade
Next Topic: Enviroment Mods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:51:12 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01330 seconds