Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » A Problem With Fable TLC
A Problem With Fable TLC [message #67857] Wed, 06 March 2013 07:10 Go to next message
Meestanik is currently offline  Meestanik
Hello. I bought fable years ago, I saved the disk contents to my PC so I could re-install it on a ROM disk at any time becuase I was worried i'd lose the disk. Now, I have burnt it to ROM disks and installed Fable again, it works fine. But a few days ago I tried to lower my character's bulk becuase being freakishly tall and buff is weird. Anyway I deleted all but the beserk files from the Bones folder and I can't get them back. I tried re-installing Fable but everything was the same. When I try to go to the fable directory in Microsoft Games I go to Fable - The Lost Chapters and all I see are 2 files: Sound and Video. Nothing else. I'm not sure how to fix this. Please help becuase I now realise that being freakishly tall is better than being freakishly small to some other people in the game. Thanks.
Re: A Problem With Fable TLC [message #67858 is a reply to message #67857] Wed, 06 March 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

When you uninstall, it will not remove all of the files from its installation directory. Just delete those before reinstalling and you should be good. Unless it won't reinstall, is that what is happening?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: A Problem With Fable TLC [message #67859 is a reply to message #67858] Wed, 06 March 2013 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No. It re-installs fine but another problem is, as mentioned: That I can't find the directory in which the files exist, therefore I can't delete them. I can however see them on Fable Explorer.
Re: A Problem With Fable TLC [message #67860 is a reply to message #67859] Wed, 06 March 2013 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

If fable explorer sees the files then you can check your registry settings.

Hit the start button, type in regedit and hit enter. Then use the search feature to look for Fable under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

It should have some structure like ... > Microsoft > Microsoft Games > Fable - The Lost Chapters > 1.0

The installation directory is listed in there.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: A Problem With Fable TLC [message #67916 is a reply to message #67860] Mon, 18 March 2013 07:14 Go to previous message
Alright Well, I'v never done this before so i'm sorry for asking but what files do I do delete? I don't reconise any files from explorer on the left. Idk. Thanks for helping anyway, I'll just try to find some familiar files. I appreciate this.
Previous Topic: help fable playing up ??v
Next Topic: Fable:TLC Install CD corrupt fix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:48:34 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01235 seconds