Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » blender armour template ?
blender armour template ? [message #67899] Wed, 13 March 2013 05:13 Go to next message
stillfable2013 is currently offline  stillfable2013
Has any one got a blender armour template or tell me how I can get one out of the game.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”
Re: blender armour template ? [message #67940 is a reply to message #67899] Wed, 20 March 2013 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Nope, not much has been done in that area. The only real tutorial is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUoe7X0_Sx4

and there's a few other things scattered around the forum. It'll take knowledge and patience.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: blender armour template ? [message #67945 is a reply to message #67940] Thu, 21 March 2013 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stillfable2013 is currently offline  stillfable2013
Ahh ok I have been trying every thing I have loads of video tutorials but can't work it out I have 3ds max and blender . I think its a bit advanced for me

“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”
Re: blender armour template ? [message #67948 is a reply to message #67945] Thu, 21 March 2013 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
The problem with that tutorial is that crazybunny doesn't explain the most important part which is how to skinweight. That is definitely what is keeping us from creating new clothing :/. Btw, morerunes do you know any tricks to skinweighting?

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.
Re: blender armour template ? [message #67954 is a reply to message #67948] Fri, 22 March 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yeah, but my method is not very fun. When I rig a model I pretty much give every vert it's weights individually in blender, after doing some general passes to get in the ballpark. It's not fun.

The most important part is that all the weights from different bones on any vert need to equal 100%, or weird things happen. At least, that's been my experience.

But yeah, real pain in the tush. Wink

Re: blender armour template ? [message #67956 is a reply to message #67954] Fri, 22 March 2013 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zyreq is currently offline  Zyreq
Alright cool, i mostly use 3ds max though, so let's see how that goes Razz. Kind of off topic but, morerunes do you know if the sculpting mode in blender works with .x files? Because everytime i use it and export the model i worked on as .x then import it into FE it seems to have an error :/. Maybe it's because sculpt mode messes with the skinweight or hierarchy?I have no clue really.

No, no word of a lie, never' a lie, seventeen cows I stopped 'em with moi.. one 'and.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 March 2013 22:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: blender armour template ? [message #67958 is a reply to message #67956] Sat, 23 March 2013 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I am not sure really.

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68308 is a reply to message #67899] Sun, 19 May 2013 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
I made 3 armor templates for blender. One is flipped because I have to use that one because for some reason it flips when I export it... I'm not sure if it is exactly what you wanted, so I also included a 3D Object Converter and DavidKron's modelinjector. So now you can export from fable, convert to .obj, import into blender, edit the armor, export .x, and inject skinweights from the original armor with modelinjector. You can use the armor templates for making new armor, but you will need to know how to skinweight.

Are you shpongled?
Re: blender armour template ? [message #68309 is a reply to message #67956] Sun, 19 May 2013 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Whenever I import a .x file exported from blender into FE, it crashes, but when I import into a weapon graphic, it works, no error. It's kind of strange because if you import it into a weapon graphic and save the model LOD, it fixes it for fable. With the new model you exported from FE, you can use DavidKron's modelinjector.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 10:28]

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68310 is a reply to message #68309] Sun, 19 May 2013 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Falset wrote on Sun, 19 May 2013 12:28

if you import it into a weapon graphic and save the model LOD, it fixes it for fable.

See, this is not the first time that I have heard this. Do you mean that you export from blender, import with FE, then save it from FE, then re-import it? Because to me that seems highly redundant. If it exports correctly, then surely that means the data structure is already in the correct format within the game code, or else it wouldn't export properly. Or do you mean that clicking "Save LOD" and saving the file somewhere somehow fixes the problem, and no further action is required for it to work properly in the game?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 13:18]

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68311 is a reply to message #68310] Sun, 19 May 2013 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
This is all kind of confusing, but what I was saying was that if you load a mesh (into a weapon graphic in FE) that was exported from blender, and save it from FE, you can import it into any graphic and it will work right. Before, it wouldn't let you load the mesh into a graphic in FE, but now, it will let you load it into any graphic. It's like when you load it into a weapon graphic it's like okay this is a weapon, lets fix it up a little bit... And it basically does what fablex does. It makes it go from

To

It is like the weapon graphic acts like fablex and just loads the model no problem and fixes it so it is fable friendly.
morerunes wrote on Sun, 19 May 2013 13:02

Or do you mean that clicking "Save LOD" and saving the file somewhere somehow fixes the problem, and no further action is required for it to work properly in the game?

Yeah, you import the messed up model (the first picture^^)that has freshly been exported from blender (how bout we say the file is called "elvhelm.x") into a weapon graphic and then export/save LOD and lets say you name it "ElvenHelmet.x". elvhelm.x is gonna look like the first picture, and ElvenHelmet.x is gonna look like the second picture. Sorry if I make it sound like a little 5 year old explaining, it's just I'm so used to explaining stuff to newbie kids on mmo's.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 13:50]

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68312 is a reply to message #68311] Sun, 19 May 2013 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Again, but doing this would be redundant. If that is the case, then it isn't necessary to do anything to the model after exporting from blender, and it will just work out-of-the-box. It doesn't matter what the .x file looks like, only what exists within Graphics.big

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68313 is a reply to message #68312] Sun, 19 May 2013 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
But it doesn't work out-of-the-box. The whole reason we are doing this is to make the mesh work with model injector to inject skinweights. You can just import it into a weapon graphic and yes it will work fine, but it won't have skinweights. An exported .x file from blender won't work with modelinjector. I'm not sure if this works for everyone or just me. I can make a video of me doing this to show you what I'm talking about.

Are you shpongled?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:20]

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68317 is a reply to message #68313] Sun, 19 May 2013 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Weapons aren't skinweighted though, they have no skeleton.

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68330 is a reply to message #68317] Mon, 20 May 2013 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sparrow
Lol, yeah. We are talking about importing armor into a weapon graphic. To make it work with modelinjector to put skinweights in it. If you import it into an armor graphic it gives an error. But yeah weapons work out-of-the-box for me.

Are you shpongled?
Re: blender armour template ? [message #68338 is a reply to message #68330] Mon, 20 May 2013 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I'm having quite a bit of difficulty getting what you are trying to say about armor and weapon graphics, but the second half is pretty cool. Maybe the more recent version of the .x exporter in fable is compatible with fable then.

Re: blender armour template ? [message #68912 is a reply to message #68338] Wed, 26 June 2013 14:18 Go to previous message
Sparrow
morerunes wrote on Mon, 20 May 2013 15:08

I'm having quite a bit of difficulty getting what you are trying to say about armor and weapon graphics, but the second half is pretty cool. Maybe the more recent version of the .x exporter in fable is compatible with fable then.

I'm sorry for the confusion. It was kind of complicated and unnecessary. It's much easier to just skinweight it in 3ds.

Are you shpongled?
Previous Topic: Lineage to Fable
Next Topic: Cut Jack Mask-by Sparrow+Ross R
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:06:49 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01045 seconds